Christie's Co-Chair Slams Him as a Political Opportunist for Supporting Trump

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Not sure if this is going to make a difference, but it's interesting nonetheless.

“Chris Christie’s endorsement of Donald Trump is an astonishing display of political opportunism,” Ms. Whitman, who was a national finance co-chair of the Christie campaign, said in the statement.

“Donald Trump is unfit to be president,” Ms. Whitman said. “He is a dishonest demagogue who plays to our worst fears. Trump would take America on a dangerous journey. Christie knows all that and indicated as much many times publicly. The governor is mistaken if he believes he can now count on my support, and I call on Christie’s donors and supporters to reject the governor and Donald Trump outright. I believe they will. For some of us, principle and country still matter.”​

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...ails-chris-christie-for-backing-donald-trump/

Not sure if this is going to make a difference, but it's interesting nonetheless.

“Chris Christie’s endorsement of Donald Trump is an astonishing display of political opportunism,” Ms. Whitman, who was a national finance co-chair of the Christie campaign, said in the statement.

“Donald Trump is unfit to be president,” Ms. Whitman said. “He is a dishonest demagogue who plays to our worst fears. Trump would take America on a dangerous journey. Christie knows all that and indicated as much many times publicly. The governor is mistaken if he believes he can now count on my support, and I call on Christie’s donors and supporters to reject the governor and Donald Trump outright. I believe they will. For some of us, principle and country still matter.”​

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...ails-chris-christie-for-backing-donald-trump/

interesting. i suspect it will only matter to those who agree with her.

but she's right of course.

Christie has joined the team that will take back the White House, slamming the party nominee (Trump) is not effective, unless you are voting for Hillary as seems to be the case here.

Christie has joined the team that will take back the White House, slamming the party nominee (Trump) is not effective, unless you are voting for Hillary as seems to be the case here.

I'm voting for Hillary if Trump is the nominee.

I'm voting for Rubio or Kasich if they are the nominees.

I'm probably voting Libertarian if Cruz is the nominee.

I agree with Whitman. FFS, I don't want to vote for Hillary. I want her to go away. But she is by far a better candidate for President than the thin-skinned, egomaniac, offensive, uninformed, divisive, demogogue Trump.

I agree with Whitman. FFS, I don't want to vote for Hillary. I want her to go away. But she is by far a better candidate for President than the thin-skinned, egomaniac, offensive, uninformed, divisive, demogogue Trump.

All true. But you created him.

You people in the GOP establishment/1% were the ones who spent decades using race, religion and sex to frighten working class white folks into voting against their own economic interests while screwing them with union busting, free trade, right to work, amnesty, at will employment, deregulation of the banks.

And along come Trump, who screams that stuff a little louder, but he points out everything you guys did are the problem.

Here's the thing. Trump is truly awful. But Rubio is a tool of Sheldon Adelson, Cruz is a religious nut. Kasich is a nice enough guy, but clearly not crazy enough for the GOP people like you have created.

I think Christie helps Trump, even if only a little. Trump has a third of the Republican vote. He doesn't need much more to put him over the top.

Actually, it's probably over tomorrow. Cruz drops out, half his support goes to Trump, and Trump will have so much momentum as to be unstoppable.

The BEST thing the GOP can do is keep Cruz and Rubio in the race as long as possible, hope Trump doesn't get 50% of the delegates, and then try to find someone who isn't a fuckhead at the convention.

I think Christie helps Trump, even if only a little. Trump has a third of the Republican vote. He doesn't need much more to put him over the top.

Actually, it's probably over tomorrow. Cruz drops out, half his support goes to Trump, and Trump will have so much momentum as to be unstoppable.

The BEST thing the GOP can do is keep Cruz and Rubio in the race as long as possible, hope Trump doesn't get 50% of the delegates, and then try to find someone who isn't a fuckhead at the convention.

Cruz isn't going to drop out. He's going all the way to the convention.

Why Ted Cruz Probably Won't Drop Out, No Matter What

Christie will soon be out of a job, so he's jumped on the bandwagon of the candidate he feels has the best chance to win and who can offer him a new job such as the AG.

I can't believe you said that.

I haven't got a clue what motivates Trump, but I know who Hillary is.

Let's see. . .

Is he an egomaniac? Yep. So is Hilliary. They are both narcissistic and pathological. There is a key difference here, Trump is just narcissistic, Hillary is not only narcissistic, she is dangerously SOCIOPATHIC.

Is he thin skinned? Sure. Who gives a shit? Thin skinned is better than corrupt and a liar.

Is he offensive? Yep. Absolutely. But again, better shooting from the hip then slinking around and talking with a forked tongue. Folks that are offensive tend to be telling you what is on their mind. Sociopaths are manipulating you. Wake up and smell the coffee.

He has no choice but to be divisive, that's what demagogues do. He appears uninformed, because the low information voters can't handle complex information, and they don't want complex policy prescriptions, but I think you know that.

Trump is a narcissist, Hillary is a sociopath.

What’s different:

A narcissist will talk about himself, a sociopath will get you to talk about you.

A narcissist will introduce topics of interest or concern to himself, a sociopath will introduce topics of interest to you.

A narcissist wants to be perceived well, a sociopath wants to be perceived in whatever way will best suit his purpose.

Both ignore social rules, but a narcissist does it out of lack of awareness, while a sociopath does it to manipulate situations for his purpose.

A narcissist is somewhat hapless and unaware of his personality predicament his behavior and his effect on others; a sociopath is likely to be aware he is different from people who experience empathy and knowingly use this difference to get his way.

A sociopath is pre-occupied with winning, while a narcissist is preoccupied with being appreciated and admired.

A sociopath is a stimulation junky seeking ways to avoid boredom, while a narcissist may or may not be oriented to high stimulus activities.

A narcissist is unaware of the aggravating effect he has on others, while a sociopath is very aware of the effect on others.

A narcissist may demean you, be a bully, or mess with your career if he perceives you as a threat, while a sociopath will knowingly try to take you down or out altogether if you get in his way. A sociopath is likely to be cunning, patient and strategic in this process. He plays a long game while a narcissist plays a shorter term game.

A narcissist doesn’t mind working hard if it leads to approval, while a sociopath manipulates to do as little work as possible for the purpose of having money without expending effort.

A narcissist will have many relationships that end badly, while a sociopath is more likely to cut and run altogether once their manipulations are revealed or thwarted.

Both are chameleon-like and adapt their stories to please their particular listeners, however a sociopath may skirt closer to the edge of believability somehow managing to get you to doubt yourself rather than the fantastic story.

A narcissist is likely to adapt better to a work situation in established organizations with clear rules and social codes while a sociopath will prefer a start up or entrepreneurial environment where the rules and social codes are not clear.

A narcissist will get frustrated that his attempts to interact with empathetic people seem to go awry; he’ll feel like a victim because his efforts don’t work. A sociopath will not feel this sort of frustration, he processes what other people would consider to have emotional import as neutral information.

Both can make poor collaborators and team members. With a narcissist it’s due to poor social/emotional skills, self-orientation, and hapless attempts to get their own needs met, while with a sociopath it’s due to manipulation to get out of work, thwart others, win out, and get what they want.

Working Knowledge: How to Tell the Difference Between a Narcissist and a Sociopath

Both of these politicians should probably be locked away.

Personally, I think anyone that votes for either of these lunatics needs to see someone. . .

Name a politician in this day and age who isn't ? these sore losers who comes out and stabs you in the back. they get more headlines than the candidates themselves. No wonder our elections have become so contentious.

Forum List

Back