Christie: He is 'His Own Man'

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
I have to follow Christie more to be totally convinced I am a supporter. But I hear him and like what I hear.

You say he is a bad idea for the GOP. I am wondering if the GOP is a bad idea for him. That goes for the Dems as well, naturally. He appears to be "I am my own man" type of person, not falling into the mold of either party. He goes where there is a need and his common sense and sense of fairness to all will dictate his policy.

Maybe I am giving him too much credit, I don't know. But if that is the kind of guy he is, he is the kind of guy we need right now. Not beholden to either side, but a pragmatic individual who will talk WITH someone, not AT them.

Not like what we have today. We need to hear from those in New Jersey. What has he been like there? Has he kept his promises?

I have to follow Christie more to be totally convinced I am a supporter. But I hear him and like what I hear.

You say he is a bad idea for the GOP. I am wondering if the GOP is a bad idea for him. That goes for the Dems as well, naturally. He appears to be "I am my own man" type of person, not falling into the mold of either party. He goes where there is a need and his common sense and sense of fairness to all will dictate his policy.

Maybe I am giving him too much credit, I don't know. But if that is the kind of guy he is, he is the kind of guy we need right now. Not beholden to either side, but a pragmatic individual who will talk WITH someone, not AT them.

Not like what we have today. We need to hear from those in New Jersey. What has he been like there? Has he kept his promises?

I have known Christie since he was a Federal Prosecutor over ten years ago.

I like his sticking to his own set of values, doing what he sees as right and ignoring much of the politics that is destroying our country

But Christie has his own issues. When the camera is off, he is a bully. He attacks anyone who questions his authority or a political position. He has become more diplomatic in the last year, but the old Christie remains

In terms of running for President, there will be sound bites and youtube videos that will not be too flattering. He can be baited by the press and does not come off well

If Christie can be his own man in 2016 and does not fall into the pandering that killed Romney, he could easily win

I like his sticking to his own set of values, doing what he sees as right and ignoring much of the politics that is destroying our country

But Christie has his own issues. When the camera is off, he is a bully. He attacks anyone who questions his authority or a political position. He has become more diplomatic in the last year, but the old Christie remains

In terms of running for President, there will be sound bites and youtube videos that will not be too flattering. He can be baited by the press and does not come off well

If Christie can be his own man in 2016 and does not fall into the pandering that killed Romney, he could easily win

Thanks RW. I think that is an objective view. I can see where he could be less than diplomatic in his dealings. And that would be a definite red flag. Has he "evolved"...?
To assume the leader of the USA, he had better have.

Of course, putting that same characteristic in its more moderate form, "telling it like it is (when telling people to evacuate for Sandy, those diehards who were still on the beach he said, "Get off the beach, damnit, you vacation is OVER!") is what endears people to him. He talks as if he was talking to you over a drink!

I like Christie and always have.

He's a guy who doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks of him. He will do what he thinks is right.

I think he would make a good Indi and he should probably tell the GOP to take a hike.

I like Christie and always have.

He's a guy who doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks of him. He will do what he thinks is right.

I think he would make a good Indi and he should probably tell the GOP to take a hike.

I would tend to agree, but he needs financing for a campaign.

It is going to take a bully to kick some ass in DC. There are a lot of nuts that need kicking.

Thanks RW. I think that is an objective view. I can see where he could be less than diplomatic in his dealings. And that would be a definite red flag. Has he "evolved"...?

Of course, putting that same characteristic in its more moderate form, "telling it like it is (when telling people to evacuate for Sandy, those diehards who were still on the beach he said, "Get off the beach, damnit, you vacation is OVER!") is what endears people to him. He talks as if he was talking to you over a drink!

The county I live in NJ is a Republican stronghold. The county government had been run by an old boy network that was untouchable. As a Federal Prosecutor, Christie set up a sting where the amount of corruption was staggering. Bribes, payoffs, no show jobs all making these guys rich.
Christie brought these guys down and they were Republicans

The county I live in NJ is a Republican stronghold. The county government had been run by an old boy network that was untouchable. As a Federal Prosecutor, Christie set up a sting where the amount of corruption was staggering. Bribes, payoffs, no show jobs all making these guys rich.
Christie brought these guys down and they were Republicans

That is very impressive. There's a post on this board that says he's part of the mob. So much for that post.

Christie can be the equivalent of a TR and HT if elected.

Our country needs better than what it has, but the fact remains that voters get the government they voted for.

He should be his own man and follow his own set of values. They are not my values though and they are divergent enough so that I would not vote for him. I like him. No doubt about it. As a friend, as an individual, he is admirable. As a representative, I'm afraid not. He is an obamalover. Nothing can change that.

He is an obamalover. Nothing can change that.

I think you mean nothing can change your blockheaded mind once you have drunk the piss.

October 2010:
Chris Christie Tells Brian Williams He's 'Disappointed' in Obama's Partisanship

May 2012:
Chris Christie Criticizes Obama For 'Posing And Preening' As President

October 2012 (from The Blaze, no less):
CHRISTIE UNLEASHED: IF OBAMA CAN’T CHANGE WASHINGTON FROM THE INSIDE, ‘WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING ASKING FOR ANOTHER FOUR YEARS?’

January 2013:
Christie criticizes Obama's inauguration speech as 'my way or the highway'

June 2013:
While Standing on Dry Land Thanks to Obama, Christie Criticizes President’s Leadership

July 2013:
Chris Christie Slams Obama

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loF6k8hVJME]Chris Christie Criticizes Obama, Asks Why the 'Hell' He's Asking for Another Fou - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOQfKiiu_gs]Christie Criticizes Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back