Christianity more dangerous than Atheism.

It is God who has blinded unbelievers and believers as well. Its the " Work of God now". Your just not consciously able to consider this. In Eccl. 7:13-14, " Consider the WORK of God, who can make straight that which he has made crooked?" Its God working blindness to him in the total consciousness of humanity, including believers. In verse 14 God has " Set" it like this until the end of humanity so that no human can find out anything about him. This is WHY there are atheist and unbelievers. It is not their fault.

Ecclesiastes seems to be saying that for all round learning to occur, we must be able to experience both the positive and the negative life presents. If all we have are sunny days, we are never going to learn about rain. How does God work in good times? How does God work in bad times? To learn, we must experience both good times and bad times.

sheeeesh Meri. TODAY is Monday------save the billy graham level sermons for--------the autumn
sunday potluck luncheon------in the church basement
Alternative is that you retire to your own basement when others discuss such matters, if you find them so objectionable.

Or at least don't troll threads about Christianity and then whine that people discuss the bible.

the discussion is about the book called, in English "ECCLESIASTES" aka KEHOLET.
I remember when I was a kid----sunday was dominated by BILLY GRAHAM who ALSO
provided explanations----usually on old testament stories------as if he was commenting on
Grimm fairly tales---------what evah the story meant to HIM--as a southern Baptist. The book
called KEHOLET is not a southern Baptist story------its more like a semi-mystical work ----
very poetical and not actually-----something "divinely written" ----probably written about
500 BC-------a really tumultuous time. ----think Ezra---trying to reorganize the entire
jewish people out of exile and confusion. Think Talmud as a work in progress It kinda amuses me that anyone would decide to personalize it from the POV of a southern Baptist.-----reminds me
of Billy Graham

It bores you does it? lol...Are you really that blind or just some more pretending?

Maybe you are too young to remember but it really wasn't that long ago when a person risked being beaten or maimed on a daily basis for even being suspected of being gay.

How long ago was it when gay marriage was not legal? How many fought tooth and nail to prevent it from becoming legal and why if not because as they openly said it was against their perverted 'christian family values"?

Are they not still to this very day working to undo all of the progressive accomplishments of the past 50 years even by stooping to treason?

Perhaps I grew up in more tolerant communities than you--and by that, I mean tolerant on all sides.

I doubt it. I think you were just hiding. Consequently you have failed to grow up and instead have constructed for yourself some alternate reality where christians in this country haven't been demonizing unbelievers for decades, they haven't been legislating morality according to their perceived christian values and the 'war on drugs' was not some thinly veiled persecution against hippies and black people ...

Unfortunately ,Alexander, it may be that you have spent too much time on Pleasure Island and those donkey ears are there to stay ..

A most stunning reply Hobelim , of which I agree. A Christian will condemn an unbeliever and walk away thinking they are working for God. A most perverted way of thinking about others.

If it turns into a useless or harsh argument...what exactly is the value in continuing such a discussion?
Its written in the Bible and its also just basic common sense in many situations.
Condemn and walk away...not true.

Well I think we do have to experience both good and evil, which is the meaning of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and why God put both of them in the same tree together. But God does not work how the Christians describe it, he works as the bible describes it.

We are locked into our learning and cannot be free from the influence of evil in this life.

There are many, many interpretations for every passage in the Bible. Christians (and others as well) describe it in numerous different ways, according to their own ideas, learning and experiences. My experience is we are not locked into our learning, and those who wish to, can avoid a lot of the evil in this life.

My experience and belief is that evil cannot be avoided , only limited at best by behavior, but it still will affect everyone reguardless of how they live. And we can only learn a certain way and a certain amount of things, its what we learn that infects us.

It bores you does it? lol...Are you really that blind or just some more pretending?

Maybe you are too young to remember but it really wasn't that long ago when a person risked being beaten or maimed on a daily basis for even being suspected of being gay.

How long ago was it when gay marriage was not legal? How many fought tooth and nail to prevent it from becoming legal and why if not because as they openly said it was against their perverted 'christian family values"?

Are they not still to this very day working to undo all of the progressive accomplishments of the past 50 years even by stooping to treason?

Perhaps I grew up in more tolerant communities than you--and by that, I mean tolerant on all sides.

I doubt it. I think you were just hiding. Consequently you have failed to grow up and instead have constructed for yourself some alternate reality where christians in this country haven't been demonizing unbelievers for decades, they haven't been legislating morality according to their perceived christian values and the 'war on drugs' was not some thinly veiled persecution against hippies and black people ...

Unfortunately ,Alexander, it may be that you have spent too much time on Pleasure Island and those donkey ears are there to stay ..

A most stunning reply Hobelim , of which I agree. A Christian will condemn an unbeliever and walk away thinking they are working for God. A most perverted way of thinking about others.

If it turns into a useless or harsh argument...what exactly is the value in continuing such a discussion?
Its written in the Bible and its also just basic common sense in many situations.

Oh its true, Christians call it " Shaking the dust off their feet", or walking away knowing the person is condemned because they disagreed with you.

My experience and belief is that evil cannot be avoided , only limited at best by behavior, but it still will affect everyone reguardless of how they live. And we can only learn a certain way and a certain amount of things, its what we learn that infects us.

Could you give a specific example of what you mean?

Oh its true, Christians call it " Shaking the dust off their feet", or walking away knowing the person is condemned because they disagreed with you.

Christians don't know anything of the sort. Catholics, and most likely other sects, simply turn their failure to reach someone over to the Spirit of God to reach. We have limitations. God does not.

In these cases it was "they" who rejected Gods saving grace through Jesus Christ and hearing the gospel. Its not about a simple disagreement. Its when someone has done all they can , are emotionally letting go and leaving the situation in Gods hands.

Could you give a specific example of what you mean?

If I may use your own words, " We have limitations."

In these cases it was "they" who rejected Gods saving grace through Jesus Christ and hearing the gospel. Its not about a simple disagreement. Its when someone has done all they can , are emotionally letting go and leaving the situation in Gods hands.

No, no, they more than likely rejected Christianity; because none of them has ever met or known God. And the way God will handle human rejection is absolutely nothing like Christians handle it. God is merciful, forgiving and loving, Christianity is not.

These days the opposite is more likely, ie that an unbeliever will condemn a Christian and walk away thinking they are working for some vague notion of progress or anti-pervertedness.

These days the opposite is more likely, ie that an unbeliever will condemn a Christian and walk away thinking they are working for some vague notion of progress or anti-pervertedness.

well-----kinda both

No, no, they more than likely rejected Christianity; because none of them has ever met or known God. And the way God will handle human rejection is absolutely nothing like Christians handle it. God is merciful, forgiving and loving, Christianity is not.

I've had a very different experience with Christianity.

Perhaps one of the problems for both believer and unbeliever is that too often what they are arguing against is a child's/teen's learning of Christianity. Another problem is thinking a few years' learning will teach everything anyone needs to know.

Perhaps one of the problems for both believer and unbeliever is that too often what they are arguing against is a child's/teen's learning of Christianity. Another problem is thinking a few years' learning will teach everything anyone needs to know.

The unbeliever is just as likely, if not more so, to have a child's understanding of his own philosophy.

Most people are not deep thinkers.

children pick up ATTITUDES more easily and firmly than do adults------their "learning"
is more on the emotional level than the intellectual in both politics and religion and
"group" issues. ATTITUDES remain a more important force than intellect in
race and religious issues in society at large

children pick up ATTITUDES more easily and firmly than do adults------their "learning"
is more on the emotional level than the intellectual in both politics and religion and

Adults are driven by emotion on race and religious issues.

Adults are driven by emotion on race and religious issues.

so true--------and those emotions are internalized when they are children.
FOR candid information-----LISTEN TO WHAT THE CHILDREN SAY.
Adults use the FOREBRAIN -----to intellecturalize and COVER
the emtions picked up in childhood----from the environment. The forebrain---
that part of the brain just behind your forehead is a GIANT SUPPRESSOR
machine. The bigger your forehead----the more you can STIFLE
all kinds of "lower" stuff. Thanks to your forebrain----you do not
"fart" at the dinner table. A little alcohol can do a job on your forebrain

Unbelievers condemn Christian beliefs, and I do as well. The eternal hell doctrine needs to be condemned, because it condemns humanity.

Unbelievers condemn Christian beliefs, and I do as well. The eternal hell doctrine needs to be condemned, because it condemns humanity.

Condemning a Christians beliefs is very different than condemning the Christian.

My point was about the unbeliever condemning the Christians, something we see a lot of from lefties.

Condemning a Christians beliefs is very different than condemning the Christian.

My point was about the unbeliever condemning the Christians, something we see a lot of from lefties.

Unbelievers don't condemn Christians that's nonsense; Christians are masterful at condemnation, trying to literally slap salvation out of all of humanity. Its just ugly, because they don't even know there doing it.

Forum List

Back