Chris Wallace: Whistleblower spin from Trump supporters 'deeply misleading'

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Looks like Chris Wallace is stepping into the fire..I see this as just another indication that Fox is moving to the center..and away from Trump.

"Fox News's Chris Wallace said Friday that "the spinning that has been done by the president's defenders" over an intelligence community whistleblower's complaint is "astonishing" and "deeply misleading"
The perspective from the "Fox News Sunday" anchor comes as Trump supporters and critics dig in regarding allegations that President Trump pressured Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, a leading 2020 presidential candidate, while dangling hundreds of millions of dollars in U.S. aid.
"The spinning that has been done by the president's defenders over the last 24 hours since this very damaging whistleblower complaint came out, the spinning is not surprising but it is astonishing, and I think deeply misleading," said Wallace on "America's Newsroom."
"Let's look at what the whistleblower says. The whistleblower says that there was a troubling call in which the president asked the Ukrainian president to investigate and to look at the allegation of this doing by Vice President Biden and by his son," he continued. "We now have a rough transcript of that phone call and that's exactly what happened. The whistleblower - and this was back in August - said that for for a very unknown and surprising reason the administration had held up aid to Ukraine. That was not widely known at the time but in fact, it turns out that it was the case."

"I guess that's all I'm really saying. For a lot of the efforts for a lot of people defending the president and pretending this is nothing, it isn't nothing, it's something," Wallace later concluded."

Looks like Chris Wallace is stepping into the fire..I see this as just another indication that Fox is moving to the center..and away from Trump.

"Fox News's Chris Wallace said Friday that "the spinning that has been done by the president's defenders" over an intelligence community whistleblower's complaint is "astonishing" and "deeply misleading"
The perspective from the "Fox News Sunday" anchor comes as Trump supporters and critics dig in regarding allegations that President Trump pressured Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, a leading 2020 presidential candidate, while dangling hundreds of millions of dollars in U.S. aid.
"The spinning that has been done by the president's defenders over the last 24 hours since this very damaging whistleblower complaint came out, the spinning is not surprising but it is astonishing, and I think deeply misleading," said Wallace on "America's Newsroom."
"Let's look at what the whistleblower says. The whistleblower says that there was a troubling call in which the president asked the Ukrainian president to investigate and to look at the allegation of this doing by Vice President Biden and by his son," he continued. "We now have a rough transcript of that phone call and that's exactly what happened. The whistleblower - and this was back in August - said that for for a very unknown and surprising reason the administration had held up aid to Ukraine. That was not widely known at the time but in fact, it turns out that it was the case."

"I guess that's all I'm really saying. For a lot of the efforts for a lot of people defending the president and pretending this is nothing, it isn't nothing, it's something," Wallace later concluded."
Chris Wallace has always been an independent thinker. Yes, he is a conservative, but he knows a pile of shit when he steps in it, and he isn't afraid to say so.

Maybe Chris Wallace needs to talk with Alan Dershowitz before he talks about "impeachment" or the whistleblower. The phone call was not impeachable, period. We'll settle this at the ballot box in 2020.

Like father, like son.

Chris Wallace has always been an independent thinker. Yes, he is a conservative, but he knows a pile of shit when he steps in it, and he isn't afraid to say so.

Chris Wallace is a registered Democrat.

Wallace is a hard core liberal who gets to pretend he is an impartial journalist on FOX. That dude is a self absorbed con man. If you want intelligence and logic, listen to Mark Levin, "the great one".

Like father, like son.

Big time. He's an inside the Beltway Bubble, Progressive, Statist. He hates anything that would impact that bubble and change the status quo. Fox News has many like him.

My problem with Wallace is the same as the other networks. He disguises Liberal/Progressive OPINION as News and Fact. Fox News conservative hosts like Hannity, Tucker, Ingraham, etc., TELL YOU they are conservative OPINION shows, and they are conservative COMMENTATORS not news readers. Wallace is a phony.

Maybe Chris Wallace needs to talk with Alan Dershowitz before he talks about "impeachment" or the whistleblower. The phone call was not impeachable, period. We'll settle this at the ballot box in 2020.

You mean the pedophile and female rapist lawyer. Yes he sure knows a lot.

Wallace is a hard core liberal who gets to pretend he is an impartial journalist on FOX. That dude is a self absorbed con man. If you want intelligence and logic, listen to Mark Levin, "the great one".

Mark Levin is a lot of hot air.

This little bitch needs to go on hannity or Carlson if he had a back bone he would

You mean the pedophile and female rapist lawyer. Yes he sure knows a lot.

You have any links for that esteemed Harvard law professor icon proving your assertions? I call bullshit based on wiki. If you can't beat them try to smear them, huh? Just like USSC Justice Kavanaugh. POS dems.
Alan Dershowitz - Wikipedia

Is he really?

Is he really?
Yes, he is. But Wiki explains:
Politics[edit]
On October 11, 2006, The Washington Post reported that Wallace had been a registered Democrat for more than two decades. Wallace explained his party affiliation as pragmatism, saying that being a Democrat is the only feasible means of participating in the political process in heavily Democratic Washington, DC. He maintained that he had voted for candidates from both major parties in the past.[32]

On Fox, he sure isn't any Juan Williams, though, is he?

Mark Levin is a lot of hot air.
more ad hominem from ones that can’t compete

Him and Rush are :puke:, among other right wing nuts.
Because more Americans listen to them then you left wingers doesn’t give you a right to slander them.

Nothing good in the world lasts for ever. I heard Fox was purchased by liberals and was doomed to follow the path of the NYT, TimeMag, and all other leftist rags. I've seen someone advertising on YouTube as being a conservative source of news, but it's not a free television deal, it's pay to play on viewing them. The good thing about television in the early days was that all you had to do is have a tv set and antenna. After that, you had to put up with five minutes an hour of advertising. Nowadays, "free tv" requires a 50-50 amount of time devoted between entertainment and drudgery of listening to limitless product come-ons. It's almost like being here.

Is he really?
Yes, he is. But Wiki explains:
Politics[edit]
On October 11, 2006, The Washington Post reported that Wallace had been a registered Democrat for more than two decades. Wallace explained his party affiliation as pragmatism, saying that being a Democrat is the only feasible means of participating in the political process in heavily Democratic Washington, DC. He maintained that he had voted for candidates from both major parties in the past.[32]

On Fox, he sure isn't any Juan Williams, though, is he?

A bit more subtle, but fighting the same battles from the same side.

Chris Wallace can barely hide his disdain for anyone who is remotely Republican. He's a joke and has been for years.

Even thou ed Henry is a clone, I like that he pretends to be more fair. He should replace him.

Forum List

Back