Chris Matthews - Being Rude To Obama Is Unconstitutional ?

Chris Matthews: Is challenging Obama unconstitutional? | WashingtonExaminer.com

Matthews played a video clip of the exchange, in which Romney accused Obama of cutting the number of oil and gas permits awarded on federal lands:

ROMNEY: How much did you cut them by?

OBAMA: I’m happy to answer the question.

ROMNEY: All right. And it is — I don’t think anyone really believes that you’re a person who’s going to be pushing for oil and gas and coal. [Gestures.] You’ll get your chance in a moment. I’m still speaking.

OBAMA: Well –

ROMNEY: And the answer is I don’t believe people think that`s the case because –

ROMNEY: — that wasn’t the question.

OBAMA: OK.

ROMNEY: That was a statement.

After the clip ended, Matthews seemed appalled. “I don’t think [Romney] understands the Constitution of the United States,” Matthews said. “He’s the president of the United States. You don’t say, ‘You’ll get your chance.’”

Now, it’s entirely possible for one to think Romney was rude to Obama during that moment in the debate. A president is of course entitled to some deference, and some people undoubtedly thought Romney was insufficiently deferential. Others thought Romney’s behavior was entirely acceptable. But just for the record, there is nothing in the Constitution barring one from saying “You’ll get your chance” to the President of the United States — no matter what his supporters on MSNBC say.

So what is Chris saying ?

That Romey can't call his man-god out when he's lying ?

Chris is drinking again. He really is and many know it.

I'm not saying this as a joke. I am not saying this as a slag.

But he is again. And this is a pity. At one time I admired him when he was on his top game with Hardball.

He was awesome. You would not know this today.

More whining from the fringe Right. :lol:

:eusa_clap:

I love the avatar.

Now to Chris. Something is going horribly wrong with him. Insider buzz is that he's drinking. He stayed sober for a lot of years.

Not joking and not trying to be mean. When he first broke out on Hardball I was a #1 fan. I'm actually worried for him.

More whining from the fringe Right. :lol:

:eusa_clap:

I love the avatar.

Now to Chris. Something is going horribly wrong with him. Insider buzz is that he's drinking. He stayed sober for a lot of years.

Not joking and not trying to be mean. When he first broke out on Hardball I was a #1 fan. I'm actually worried for him.

You know, when I was reading that, I was wondering if we were talking about Christ Matthews or USMB's Chris. I think both are going through something like that.

Im worried about him too. He doesnt look as good. I hope he does whatever it takes for him to get healthy.

Dems want a dictator. They love totalitarian all government control with a supreme leader.

Sorry, but we're the type of people who would execute our tyrant kings. It was very liberal thinking that challenged the kings of old and the many revolutions that sparked change.

"Classical Liberals" were exactly that. I'm a classical liberal.

Unfortunately, the democrat party has swayed far from that. You are now the party of more government. Government, "the king", can often be tyrannical (resigned patriot act, NDAA, etc).

Too bad liberals didn't stick with liberty and less government to go along with social liberties. Instead you traded liberty for a false sense of fairness. And in doing so alienated a lot of people.

Dems want a dictator. They love totalitarian all government control with a supreme leader.

Sorry, but we're the type of people who would execute our tyrant kings. It was very liberal thinking that challenged the kings of old and the many revolutions that sparked change.

Unfortunately, the democrat party has swayed far from that. You are now the party of more government. Government, "the king", can often be tyrannical (resigned patriot act, NDAA, etc).

Too bad liberals didn't stick with liberty and less government to go along with social liberties. Instead you traded liberty for a false sense of fairness. And in doing so alienated a lot of people.

I see you like pigeonholing yourself. You swing your brush around terribly and sloppily. Sorry, but liberals like myself are not supportive of more government, we want to facilitate better government. Key difference there, which you don't seem to understand.

Classical Liberalism by the way, if you don't know, is all about the government building institutions and really helping build powerful infrastructure that we as individuals or small groups in society could not achieve on our own.

I think idiots like you just like to claim you are a "classical liberal" just as a means to try and take the definition of being a liberal away from those who might consider themselves one, and really think of yourself as a conservative.

It's idiotic. I don't think you understand the true depth and scope of what it means to be liberal, even a classical liberal. You latch onto key things you THINK you can use as a weapon against liberals, but in the process lose the forest through the trees.

There isn't the distinction between classical liberalism and modern liberalism like you think there is.

Last edited:
Granny says, "Dat's right...

... whoever is President...

... as long as dey's the President...

... ya s'posed to be polite an' say, 'Yes Mr. President...

... I'll take care of it right away Mr. President'...

... an' ya ain't s'posed to give him any back-sass!...

... like dat pretender to the throne Mitt Romney."
:mad:

Last edited:

I see you like pigeonholing yourself. You swing your brush around terribly and sloppily. Sorry, but liberals like myself are not supportive of more government, we want to facilitate better government. Key difference there, which you don't seem to understand.

Classical Liberalism by the way, if you don't know, is all about the government building institutions and really helping build powerful infrastructure that we as individuals or small groups in society could not achieve on our own.

I think idiots like you just like to claim you are a "classical liberal" just as a means to try and take the definition of being a liberal away from those who might consider yourself, and really think of yourself as a conservative.

It's idiotic. I don't think you understand the true depth and scope of what it means to be liberal, even a classical liberal. You latch onto key things you THINK you can use as a weapon against liberals, but in the process lose the forest through the trees.

There isn't the distinction between classical liberalism and modern liberalism like you think there is.

Better government... yes. Im sure the fact that your "better government" just happens to be ever expanding and never shrinking is purely coicidental?

Better government... yes. Im sure the fact that your "better government" just happens to be ever expanding and never shrinking is purely coicidental?

Government has shrunk under the Obama administration idiot. Show to me that it has grown, overall. Show me the number of government jobs that Obama administration has increased, instead of declined.

You try to make your points by repetition of bullshit, but you're fooling nobody but you and all the dense motherfuckers you flock with.

Negative Rep from Listening...

10-19-2012 12:28 AM Listening Don't try to look smart...you're not.

I'm not trying to look smart, I'm trying to keep you from looking so god damn dumb.

After the clip ended, Matthews seemed appalled. “I don’t think [Romney] understands the Constitution of the United States,” Matthews said. “He’s the president of the United States. You don’t say, ‘You’ll get your chance.’”

Matthews is an embarrassment to journalism.

I see he got invited to the Al Smith dinner

I saw him getting excited when Obama got his turn to speak. I think all three of his legs were tingling tonight.

Wow how can he remain employed after all his antics? I know MSNBC is entirely opinion and rhetoric, but enough already making an issue out of "you'll get your chance" is bizarre even for him.

Forum List

Back