Chris Christie Signals He’ll Take on Trump

You probably don't understand how either democracy, or elections, work, nor do you understand the sanctity of free and fair elections, all of which Trump has attacked, both verbally, and in actual practice on January 6th.

You see, you kinda got to start your argument about government right there, and if you can overlook the very foundation of the office of the President, and ignore over 250 years of history, you might have something worth considering. But one cannot overlook all that Trump is trying to destroy in order to regain power. At least thinking, patriotic Americans cannot ignore this.

Abrams of Georgia said that she really won the governors race and big media agreed with her in many cases. She still hasn't conceded and continues to receive excessive coverage even as she lost. Why exactly?

Maybe you should consider doing what all of the rest of the Free World does, "hand ballot elections and no mail-in or computers".

What do you say to that suggestion?

Christie must think it's a hotdog eating contest.....

I'd like to see a death match between christie and nadler.... they have eat 200 hotdogs in under 15 minutes and then whoever shits their pants first gets flung off the roof of a 20-story building..... pay-per-view?

Unless Christie is willing to ACTUALLY shoot someone on 5th Ave instead of just talking about it like Trump did...his candidacy is going nowhere.....

At least if he actually shot someone, people may believe he is tough and strong....

But right now...Kyle Rittenhouse is the presidential candidate of the future....not this rotund doofus -007ff11b1e4f0ecb.jpg

What's the strategy here? To build up tension in the republican party while the Country falls apart under a doddering old man that only 35% of hard core democrats approve of? It beats talking about Brandon anyway.

Christie's lone contribution to the Trump administration was his recommendation of Robert Wray for director of the FBI. Since Wray is one of the worst people in todays government, I'd say that Christie's judgement is worse than piss poor. What is it that attracts so many of our least qualified and most crooked people to public office?

Christie is not going to win the nomination.

He has too much baggage and would be vilified by the Trump base of the party.

CC knows more about public service than that irrelevant psychopath... 2 times impeached... one term con artist.

Let me know when Christie campaigns on building a border wall. Obviously Christie does not know what Americans really want.
The reason Trumpers were giddy about Christie before they latched onto Trump was because Christie would berate reporters, troll his political opponents like pulling off wacky pranks like closing down a busy bridge.....

or how Republicans really fell in love with him when he attacked teachers.....

Unless Christie starts offering up more trolling and maybe even body slamming a 3rd grade teacher who asked her students to wear masks -- I don't see how he can win back favor among his base....

If this forum cult is any indication of the nationwide cult, no one can challenge Dear Leader. Trumpism is not about politics, it's about race, privilege, grievance and delusion, all things that no challenger can match.

An old senile man that constantly makes inappropriate comments seemed to beat him pretty good.

The former New Jersey governor has launched what amounts to a de facto exploratory bid for president, and it’s already put him on a collision course with his longtime political ally.

While Christie’s criticism of the party’s focus on the 2020 election results and subtle knocks on other aspects of Trump’s term are designed to create a distinct lane for him in the 2024 primary, he’s also courting confrontation with a former president who still commands the loyalty of the Republican base.

Dont make me laugh

The former New Jersey governor has launched what amounts to a de facto exploratory bid for president, and it’s already put him on a collision course with his longtime political ally.

While Christie’s criticism of the party’s focus on the 2020 election results and subtle knocks on other aspects of Trump’s term are designed to create a distinct lane for him in the 2024 primary, he’s also courting confrontation with a former president who still commands the loyalty of the Republican base.

Christie is a Republican in the Reagan mold, a real Republican with Republican moral fiber and ideals, and not like these fufnick so-called Republican Trump and his manipulated supporters. Christie is the kind of Republican whom I would vote for. I do not believe that he will tolerate any of Trump's phony horseshit.

For me, I am a realist. Trumps style isn't always sweet to the pallate, but he only has traction because of such a horrible job his competition has done. Not just a particular policy or even a Party, but decades of failed policies from various sources.

Trump is only in demand because he did what he said he would do and every policy from your border on out is a major loss for American sustainability and global influence.

Japans new Foreign Minister was part of a Japan/China friendship group and has stated he is going to create closer relations with China. Does that seem like a win for America and the West?

Wake up. Trump isn't the problem, he is the response to out of touch, career politicians.
Other countries are moving toward China economically due to Trump's bullshit, poor policy decisions, and "locked and loaded" mentality. Trump doesn't know what he doesn't know because, as he put it...."I know more than the generals," I know more about technology than anybody," "Mexico will pay for the wall," and "I make decisions based on my gut". He distanced himself from experts who told him what he needed to hear, instead of what he wanted to hear. Trump is a danger to our Democracy, as he admires autocrats, has personal vendettas, has little knowledge of world and national affairs, and bends our laws to his advantage.

Christie is a Republican in the Reagan mold, a real Republican with Republican moral fiber and ideals, and not like these fufnick so-called Republican Trump and his manipulated supporters. Christie is the kind of Republican whom I would vote for. I do not believe that he will tolerate any of Trump's phony horseshit.
Actually, he did. Till he got thrown out of the inner sanctum by Rump's son-in-law.

Actually, he did. Till he got thrown out of the inner sanctum by Rump's son-in-law.
Yes, he did tolerate Trump for a while, because I would guess that he is a Republican. He has already split with Trump.

Lumpy has zero chance of carrying NJ, and that will be his high water mark.

Christie is setting himself up as the anti-Trump for 2024. Christie played a "large" role in Trump getting the nomination, so he will have some explaining or mea culpas to do.

Christie is in the mold of the old, dare I say it, moderate Republican faction. If Trump's sheen really starts to dim, Christie wants the anti-Trumpers or moderates, or what is left of them, to throw their weight behind him.

I would not count him out. He has a gigantic void he needs to fill.
Agreed, and Christie is a very capable guy.

Crispy Creme has nothing to offer, furthermore as I understand it the Donald hasn’t declared. So who is he running against?

I will ask yet again, what political capitol has Christie earned since the last time he was RESOUNDINGLY defeated?

None, nada, zip.

He has lost a TON of political capitol though. He can explore all he wants, he has zero chance of actually going anywhere with it.

Forum List

Back