Chinese Scientists Claim Breakthrough in Quantum Computing Race-100 trillion times faster than the world's most advanced supercomputer

America is losing to China in this race.

Don't expect assistance from Canada, we are a low performer that decimated our most promising young. All to ensure the kakistocracy and their cerebrally challenged kids get a high paid gig.

Pay attention America. This is going to be a problem for us all, especially when spies are stealing Western technology.

Chinese scientists claim to have built a quantum computer that is able to perform certain computations nearly 100 trillion times faster than the world’s most advanced supercomputer, representing the first milestone in the country’s efforts to develop the technology.

The researchers have built a quantum computer prototype that is able to detect up to 76 photons through Gaussian boson sampling, a standard simulation algorithm, the state-run Xinhua news agency said, citing research published in Science magazine. That’s exponentially faster than existing supercomputers.

The breakthrough represents a quantum computational advantage, also known as quantum supremacy, in which no traditional computer can perform the same task in a reasonable amount of time and is unlikely to be overturned by algorithmic or hardware improvements, according to the research.
"claim". :bigbed:

Yes, I thought the same. In an interview I watched though, some credible and well renowned quantum experts (for lack of a better term), confirmed this breakthrough. He also put it into context. Basically the industry is too new to know which approach will succeed. Especially for applications that could impact our lives, i.e A.I.

Yes, while the Chinese are moving ahead of us in the computer field, we are busy in this country fighting over bogus allegations of election fraud that is tearing this nation a part. The Chinese are laughing at us.
Id like to see someone claim election fraud in china :lol:
They don't have elections in China probably...

At least not for president.....last I heard, he declared himself dictator for life and Trump was so giddy and thrilled about it.....

“He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida aired by CNN. “And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday,” Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters."

He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida aired by CNN. “And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday,” Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters.

Does have the audio to back up their claim of this?

If so where is the audio?

He did say this, I heard it.

The problem is, it was done with a sense of humour at a fundraiser. The people there laughed. He also probably suspects that China will probably hear of these comments (and he was right, as it was recorded), and won't be offended by it as he compliments him. As odd as it sounds, for all their power, the Communists are hyper sensitive and a focus on "saving face", is both cultural and political.

So Trump saying, "it's great", he is telling Xi, "it is what it is, we can find common ground". All while ensuring America was limiting Chinas growth. Smiling in the face of a poker player while taking down the pot.

This is where people have to gauge Trump better. He is a salesman, you can't take all he says with a grain of salt, but some of it does have deeper purpose than we give him credit for.
This is the favorite excuse of the Trump apologist: Everything Trump has said that they find disagreeable is a joke or misunderstood.

How about this:

Yes, while the Chinese are moving ahead of us in the computer field, we are busy in this country fighting over bogus allegations of election fraud that is tearing this nation a part. The Chinese are laughing at us.

At least not for president.....last I heard, he declared himself dictator for life and Trump was so giddy and thrilled about it.....

“He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida aired by CNN. “And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday,” Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters."

He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida aired by CNN. “And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday,” Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters.

The problem is, it was done with a sense of humour at a fundraiser. The people there laughed. He also probably suspects that China will probably hear of these comments (and he was right, as it was recorded), and won't be offended by it as he compliments him. As odd as it sounds, for all their power, the Communists are hyper sensitive and a focus on "saving face", is both cultural and political.

So Trump saying, "it's great", he is telling Xi, "it is what it is, we can find common ground". All while ensuring America was limiting Chinas growth. Smiling in the face of a poker player while taking down the pot.

This is where people have to gauge Trump better. He is a salesman, you can't take all he says with a grain of salt, but some of it does have deeper purpose than we give him credit for.
This is the favorite excuse of the Trump apologist: Everything Trump has said that they find disagreeable is a joke. Well, he was not joking and was serious.

He has stated this at his rallies as well, in a joking manner. It's sarcasm clearly. His way of saying "this is what we are dealing with", while also not going so far as to personally offend Xi in a way that Xi and his patsies would be enraged.

In some ways, his comment strikes an interesting balance.

This is the favorite excuse of the Trump apologist: Everything Trump has said that they find disagreeable is a joke or misunderstood.

How about this:

This is how deep their sycophancy goes......

And when times passes and it is no longer feasible to be a Trump sycophant -- they will suddenly start claiming they knew Trump was a fraud all along...

Just like they did with Bush

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW

This is the favorite excuse of the Trump apologist: Everything Trump has said that they find disagreeable is a joke. Well, he was not joking and was serious.

He has stated this at his rallies as well, in a joking manner. It's sarcasm clearly. His way of saying "this is what we are dealing with", while also not going so far as to personally offend Xi in a way that Xi and his patsies would be enraged.

In some ways, his comment strikes an interesting balance.
Is begging China to give your daughter's company Chinese trademarks satire??

Is having a secret Chinese bank account that received an influx of cash after he started his presidential term a joke??

How about China forcing Trump to lift sanctions against a Chinese corporation that Trump himself called a national security threat -- was that a comedy gag??

If either one of these things happened to Biden -- would you guys call it sarcasm or claim it is smoking gun proof that Biden is owned by China??

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW

How about this:

This is how deep their sycophancy goes......

And when times passes and it is no longer feasible to be a Trump sycophant -- they will suddenly start claiming they knew Trump was a fraud all along...

Just like they did with Bush
I think libs should be more worried about what china is doing than anything trump has said

the ccp benefits greatly from American scientific knowledge and we get nothing in return

How about China forcing Trump to lift sanctions against a Chinese corporation that Trump himself called a national security threat -- was that a comedy gag??
What company are you referring to?

trump had to battle china and greedy globalists in washington in his effort to make better trade deals with china

Don't expect assistance from Canada, we are a low performer that decimated our most promising young. All to ensure the kakistocracy and their cerebrally challenged kids get a high paid gig.

Pay attention America. This is going to be a problem for us all, especially when spies are stealing Western technology.

Chinese scientists claim to have built a quantum computer that is able to perform certain computations nearly 100 trillion times faster than the world’s most advanced supercomputer, representing the first milestone in the country’s efforts to develop the technology.

The researchers have built a quantum computer prototype that is able to detect up to 76 photons through Gaussian boson sampling, a standard simulation algorithm, the state-run Xinhua news agency said, citing research published in Science magazine. That’s exponentially faster than existing supercomputers.

The breakthrough represents a quantum computational advantage, also known as quantum supremacy, in which no traditional computer can perform the same task in a reasonable amount of time and is unlikely to be overturned by algorithmic or hardware improvements, according to the research.
Just out of curiosity what do you think a super intelligent computer is going to think of us? In 5 years quantum computers will be learning geometrically. By 2035 at the rate they are currently learning a single computer could reach the combined knowledge of human kind what will it want to do with man kind?

Just out of curiosity what do you think a super intelligent computer is going to think of us? In 5 years quantum computers will be learning geometrically. By 2035 at the rate they are currently learning a single computer could reach the combined knowledge of human kind what will it want to do with man kind?

It will come down to independence of computers. Once they can apply moral judgement and appreciation for their power (and limitations), who knows where it goes? That is such a difficult place for machines to get to, right now it's limited to humans direction.

The same technology that can figure out how to get us to another planet or galaxy, may figure out how to rule over us, if there is rapid communication among systems. I would imagine it's more likely a nation rules over another with advanced technology, long before machine become our greatest enemy.

It will come down to independence of computers. Once they can apply moral judgement and appreciation for their power (and limitations), who knows where it goes? That is such a difficult place for machines to get to, right now it's limited to humans direction.

The same technology that can figure out how to get us to another planet or galaxy, may figure out how to rule over us, if there is rapid communication among systems. I would imagine it's more likely a nation rules over another with advanced technology, long before machine become our greatest enemy.
Better fucking pray your right. I don't think you are right. We sit here lobbing Republican vs. Democrats when the real problem and soon is AI.

Yes, while the Chinese are moving ahead of us in the computer field, we are busy in this country fighting over bogus allegations of election fraud that is tearing this nation apart. The Chinese are laughing at us.

It is true, Donny has set us far behind China.
It's not only all his distractions that gave time to China to surpass us, it was Donnie's race to live in the last century that also crippled us.
The world moved toward solar and wind as we not only stood still, we actually regressed back toward fossil fuels.

Indeed, as you implied, China hit it big with Donny. From his back to the past approach to technology to his abandonment of key future markets. China will always be grateful to teh Trumpist movement.

Forum List

Back