China threatens to nuke Japan if they attempt to stop China from taking Taiwan

I'm rooting for Nippers.

Come on, Japan. You did it before, you can do it again.
Japan needs to go nuclear and FAST!

When they want to, it'll take them about 5 minutes.
How do you figure that?

Just how complicated do you think nukes would be to build for Japan?
I know how difficult they are to build. You apparently do not.

They're one of the most advanced manufacturers out there.
Pakistan figured it out and they're primitive in comparison.
I wouldn't be surprised if they already have cores ready to put into completed weapons.
Where did they get the plutonium?

Japan has 33 nuclear power reactors classed as operable. However, in 2013 the Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) established new regulatory requirements, and just 10 reactors have since received clearance from the regulator to restart.

DURR
You are really reaching for new heights in your level of stupidity. Do you have any clue as to the difference in a power reactor, which produces heat for steam, and a reactor used to create plutonium as its primary purpose?

You really are that stupid and just enjoy talking our of your ass. Is that it?

For fuck sake, really?
They reprocess fuel, do you know what that means?
They don't need a reactor with plutonium production as its primary purpose.

I'm rooting for Nippers.

How do you figure that?

I wouldn't be surprised if they already have cores ready to put into completed weapons.

Japan has 33 nuclear power reactors classed as operable. However, in 2013 the Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) established new regulatory requirements, and just 10 reactors have since received clearance from the regulator to restart.

DURR
That would be uranium, not plutonium, just FYI. And they have to choose one or the other. If they are preparing nuclear plants to restart operations, then the uranium is not enriched to weapons grade. If it is, then it is not suitable for the nuclear plants. So maybe they have a big choice to make.

Apart from the Fugen experimental Advanced Thermal Reactor (ATR), Ohma would be the first Japanese reactor built to run solely on mixed oxide (MOX) fuel incorporating recycled plutonium. It would be able to consume a quarter of all domestically-produced MOX fuel and hence make a major contribution to Japan's 'pluthermal' policy of recycling plutonium recovered from used fuel.

You are desperarately seeking a point, and failing miserably.

I'm rooting for Nippers.

How do you figure that?

DURR
You are really reaching for new heights in your level of stupidity. Do you have any clue as to the difference in a power reactor, which produces heat for steam, and a reactor used to create plutonium as its primary purpose?

For fuck sake, really?
How many bombs will that create? You simply do not know what you are talking about. Just STFU and stop this ridiculous charade.

I'm rooting for Nippers.

How do you figure that?

DURR
That would be uranium, not plutonium, just FYI. And they have to choose one or the other. If they are preparing nuclear plants to restart operations, then the uranium is not enriched to weapons grade. If it is, then it is not suitable for the nuclear plants. So maybe they have a big choice to make.

Apart from the Fugen experimental Advanced Thermal Reactor (ATR), Ohma would be the first Japanese reactor built to run solely on mixed oxide (MOX) fuel incorporating recycled plutonium. It would be able to consume a quarter of all domestically-produced MOX fuel and hence make a major contribution to Japan's 'pluthermal' policy of recycling plutonium recovered from used fuel.

Japan could very easily, and quickly, make a lot of nuclear weapons.

Prove me wrong if you can.

one reactor had enough to make about 40 bombs.
I wouldnt think so, because that's total plutonium, not total fissile plutonium. Only some of the isotopes are fissile (2, apparently). Not trying to say they could not refine it and make bombs from it, but they would still have to extract it and refine it.

And in this case (todays state of affairs), like, pretty quickly.

I'm rooting for Nippers.

How do you figure that?

DURR

For fuck sake, really?
How many bombs will that create? You simply do not know what you are talking about. Just STFU and stop this ridiculous charade.

How many bombs will that create?

They've had reactors since the 70s. How much plutonium and enriched uranium could they have?

A lot.

You simply do not know what you are talking about.

Fuck off already. They could probably make bombs as good as ours.

Interesting. But i guess it contains relatively little plutonium. Fukushima's melted down reactor had about 200 kg of it. A tiny amount, relatively, i guess.

So one reactor had enough to make about 40 bombs. Hardly worthwhile, eh?
40 firecrackers you mean!

That is a tiny amount of plutonium to build 40 weapons.

Where are you getting your information? Are you secretly watching CNN documentaries?

If they set their operations and minds to it? Sure, some in a few.months, maybe. But, ya know, everyone will see that. They would be violating treaties and agreements with allies and building nukes right under China's nose. Do i see them being able to start the project? Yes. Finish? No.

So the question of Japan's access to nuclear material is obvious...

My question is do they have access to deuterium?

Fission is relatively easy to make happen...do they have the ability to create fusion bombs? And do they have the rocket technology to get a tach nuke to PRC target? One that would actually hurt?

Interesting. But i guess it contains relatively little plutonium. Fukushima's melted down reactor had about 200 kg of it. A tiny amount, relatively, i guess.

Where are you getting your information? Are you secretly watching CNN documentaries?

From one reactor? Is that all? LOL!

I'm rooting for Nippers.

How do you figure that?

DURR

Prove me wrong if you can.
The plutonium produced in reactors for power generation is tiny compared to reactors designed and operated to produce nuclear weapons. You just cannot disassemble a nuclear power reactor, remove the plutonium waste products, and build a weapon overnight.

What is your area of expertise in these weapons? I have stated in numerous threads that I am a graduate of the Navy's Nuclear Weapons' School named after Deak Parson who armed the the first atomic bomb used on Hiroshima. I was also a propulsion plant engineer familiar with nuclear reactor operations. Although I went to college instead, I enlisted and was designated a Nuclear Power plant Operator. What is your area of expertise in these weapons? Google?

The firecrackers we used in WWII had about 5 kg of plutonium. By your calculations that would give us about 40 firecrackers. Why are you being such a dick about something you know nothing about?

The firecrackers we used in WWII had about 5 kg of plutonium. By your calculations that would give us about 40 firecrackers. Why are you being such a dick about something you know nothing about?

The firecrackers we used in WWII had about 5 kg of plutonium.

Firecracker.

By your calculations that would give us about 40 firecrackers.

Only weapons larger than 20kt count?

Why are you being such a dick about something you know nothing about?

Why is there even a question about Japan's technological prowess?

The plutonium produced in reactors for power generation is tiny compared to reactors designed and operated to produce nuclear weapons.

They have nearly 3 dozen reactors.

How long to shut down the reactor, disassemble the fuel components, separate the plutonium, remove any impurities, construct a weapon from scratch, and then deploy such a warhead on a weapon that does not yet exist, and do all of that under the watchful eye of every other country in the world?

My God, you are incredibly stupid!

Forum List

Back