China plays the Cold War card in Sudan

China's Sudan policy is an assertion that this link between economic and political modernisation is by no means inevitable, even in the extreme case. You can construct oil refineries, educate scientists, build ambitious new railways - and simultaneously pursue a policy of genocide.

The last part of the article pretty much sums it up.

That it can do anything it wants to do.

Pardon me if I say this but why does the U.S still trade with CHina? The CHinese can never be trusted. That nation is one of the most unpredictable and wackiest nation on the planet.

Pardon me if I say this but why does the U.S still trade with CHina? The CHinese can never be trusted. That nation is one of the most unpredictable and wackiest nation on the planet.

Americans like good bargain and money is more important than ethics.

Yeah you are right about that. god forbid our public get told it can't have it all anytime they want. So knowing the chinese labor force is cheap and always available and dealing with the chinese is great; everybody gets money and the chinese are all about the money.

Yeah you are right about that. god forbid our public get told it can't have it all anytime they want. So knowing the chinese labor force is cheap and always available and dealing with the chinese is great; everybody gets money and the chinese are all about the money.

So is America-------

The CHinese can never be trusted. That nation is one of the most unpredictable and wackiest nation on the planet.
I think they are very predictable. The don't put the same value on human life that western society does, and is simply looking out for its best interest, which in this case, is oil.

So , you trade with a Communist nation which tells the world that it is developing for world peace and carries out a anti-satellite test. You trade with a Communist nation which has given another Communist nation(N.K) diplomatic backing and is indirectly supportive of its 'rogue' nuclear weapons program.

I dont mean to sound too patriotic/selfish but India can offer the same bargain with a bit of ethics(even though there are political cock ups in our country). We are very transparent and do not have a history of backing sore losers. China on the other hand has seedy economic/military relations with rogue Third World nations. When I say CHina I mean basically the CHinese military and the Central Military Commision which is the most powerful voice in China. Its not the President nor the people but its the military running the show out there.And Beijing is waiting for the day it can directly challenge America and take over the title of "Global superpower".

Forum List

Back