China looks at the U.S. and sees hypocrisy over Hong Kong

Tom Paine 1949

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2020
President Trump warned China specifically about shooting protesters in Hong Kong, protesters who committed much vandalism and violence. Now he is implying that similar U.S. protesters should be shot. What a hypocrite. Below is an article in the Chinese Global Times English language newspaper, giving Chinaā€™s more or less official view:

On Saturday, US President Donald Trump claimed the protest outside the White House "had little to do with the memory of George Floyd" and "they were just there to cause trouble." It is a general rule that wherever chaos expands, it will have nothing to do with the initial spark. But it is both funny and annoying to see US politicians pretend to be innocent about demonstrators taking advantage of the event to create more troubles.

The anti-extradition bill protests in Hong Kong last year turned extremely violent. Did the violence have anything to do with the bill? When the bill was officially withdrawn, why did the protesters still take to the street? But the US government and Congress as well as the UK simply lent a helping hand to violent demonstrations which had nothing to do with their initial objectives and praised them as a "beautiful sight to behold." Obviously, they didn't expect such a beautiful sight to expand so fast that it could be seen now from their own windows.

Burning police stations, smashing stores, blocking the roads, attacking police officers and destroying public facilities: All of these acts were committed as if by Hong Kong rioters who snuck into these US cities....

The protests in the US are like a mirror that reflects the shame and disgrace of US politicians as well as the deep-rooted political dysfunction and chaotic values in the US. The decades-old problems have not been fixed while US politicians did not even make any efforts. The US political elites of this generation are just lazy while acting pompously and arrogantly. They are good at blaming others while lacking real political vision....

The ongoing chaos in the US will not lead to due reflection, but will bring the practices of verbal assault and buck-passing to a new height....

ā€” ā€˜Beautiful sightā€™ extends from HK to US: Global Times editorial - Global Times

Chinaā€™s propaganda is usually more ham-handed than Russian propaganda. Here is a more colorful and somewhat chaotic article, with excerpts from the controlled Chinese internet that probably accurately captures popular mainland views:

ā€” US double standards on domestic riots and Hong Kong turmoil mocked on Chinese internet - Global Times

Last edited:
Donā€™t blame me. Iā€™m an independent who did not vote for Hillary Clinton and have not made up my mind who I will vote for in November. That the ā€œChiComsā€ propaganda exposes Republican and Democratic propaganda over Hong Kong ... is just the way the cookie crumbles.

Donā€™t insult me. Iā€™m an independent who did not vote for Hillary Clinton and have not made up my mind yet who I will vote for, if anybody, in November. That the ā€œChiComsā€ propaganda exposes Republican and Democratic propaganda over Hong Kong ... is just the way the cookie crumbles.

I'm not the least bit fucking interested in your fictional narrative. You democrat traitors are working FOR Xi to run down the USA.

WWIII started with the Obama funded Wuhan flu bioterrorist attack.

Nancy timed the impeachment with Xi's Wuhan timeline. Someone is funding the current domestic violence.

You want to play cute silly moral equivalency games and take the side of the world's most oppressive regime. Seriously, go fuck yourself

Donā€™t blame me. Iā€™m an independent who did not vote for Hillary Clinton and have not made up my mind who I will vote for in November. That the ā€œChiComsā€ propaganda exposes Republican and Democratic propaganda over Hong Kong ... is just the way the cookie crumbles.

We'll blame you, messenger. Look . . . yet another Chinese bot.

That'd be the fortune cookie, right?

Fortune cookie say: ā€œYou one dumb American. Eat cookie. Get fat. Blame messenger.ā€

Blah blah blah. Your cover story is great. One would never guess from your many posts covering for the
Chinese communist gangsters that you are their lackey if not a brain damaged leftist, which more or less is the same thing.

Humm how many hong kongers disappeared over the last 12 months

2 systems one country
OK

We'll let ya know when we hit a 10,000 Tiananaman square massacre

Although Mario jr in ny may have gotten close with his extermination of seniors
Send em back to the nursing homes alive with a body bag

Blah blah blah. Your cover story is great. One would never guess from your many posts covering for the
Chinese communist gangsters that you are their lackey if not a brain damaged leftist, which more or less is the same thing.
Blah blah blah.... Lie, lie, lie..... Slander, slander, slander....

Blah blah blah.... Lie, lie, lie..... Slander, slander, slander....

Welcome to a "well thought out" rebuttal by the left. "Independent" my asshole.

I am ā€œindependentā€œ and ā€œnon-partisanā€ in relation to the American two-party duopoly.

I consider myself, broadly speaking, an American internationalist and anti-imperialist, in the tradition of Tom Paine & Mark Twain. I can understand why you would characterize me as ā€œof the left.ā€ Given modern American definitions and obsessions with ā€œright and left,ā€ that would be a fair description I would never deny. I think of myself as ā€” hold your hat! ā€” ā€œa social-democrat.ā€ If you dig a little deeper you may find Iā€™m ā€œconservativeā€ in some senses as well.

Exactly! This guy has taken the pro China party line in every single event. It's hardly surprising this
"anti imperialist" is taking the side of China as they illegally absorb Hong Kong like the authoritarian gangsters
they are.

President Trump warned China specifically about shooting protesters in Hong Kong, protesters who committed much vandalism and violence. Now he is implying that similar U.S. protesters should be shot. What a hypocrite.
Hypocrisy is peddled by china every day

while trump is our president china is our enemy

pinging trump for this is number 10,000 on my to do list for china

but its a free country so you go ahead and carry Xiā€™s water

Forum List

Back