"China 101: Why Taiwan Matters", an in depth discussion with Rep Dan Crenshaw

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Taiwan has accused China of 'exaggerated tricks of cognitive warfare' to show its close proximity to the strategically located Penghu islands, home to a major Taiwanese air base

The issue is in finding a balance. I sense that some desire a war with China for any reason they can justify. The drum isn't being beaten loudly, but some are tapping the skins gently when they don't need to. If China invades, it changes the perspective of the world but we aren't there yet.

I've listened to all sides regarding Taiwan as I'm no longer blaming China for Canadas collapsing economy nor human right abuses that Canada regularly engages in. In short, the domestic actions of Canadas Police State have undermined their promoted anti-China argument while harming all of the Wests interests and even reputation.

So, I can respect the issue from Chinas position as well as from Americas of course. It is far more complicated than people suggest, just as the Israeli/Palestinian issue has been. There is no question that this issue and region are vital to global economic prosperity.

um...i've turned eyepatch mccain off in my mind. Ah'm just waitin' for his constituency to can him like Wyoming canned LIZard Cheney.

Taiwan is none of our business.

Our government and many citizens believe in the Monroe Doctrine and have for many generations. Somehow these same people think we should war with China over an island that has been part of China for centuries.

Forum List

Back