Chicago teacher's union wants a 30% pay raise

More right wing fuzzy math...city has the teaches working more hours with out any cost of living raise or extra pay. More hours should get more pay.

The right wing thinks teachers should work for free until their students parents decide to become involved in their education.

:lmao:

Do you ever tire of playing the fool?

They are opposed to giving teachers raises in 100% of cases. If a teacher's pay is X, a right winger wants them to get paid X or something less than X - always - regardless of the value of X. That is experimentally true in all cases tested! Its reasonable to assume the same would hold for X=0.

The right wing thinks teachers should work for free until their students parents decide to become involved in their education.

They are opposed to giving teachers raises in 100% of cases. If a teacher's pay is X, a right winger wants them to get paid X or something less than X - always - regardless of the value of X. That is experimentally true in all cases tested! Its reasonable to assume the same would hold for X=0.

Wrong.

The right does not understand why a public servant should demand a raise at the expense of the tax payer when the economy does not warrant the taxpayer themselves getting a raise.

It is really not that difficult to understand...

But I am finding that it is not very difficult for the left to spin the truth either.

Wrong.

Then please point to the most recent instance in which a right winger supported a teacher pay raise.

The right does not understand why a public servant should demand a raise at the expense of the tax payer when the economy does not warrant the taxpayer themselves getting a raise.

But I am finding that it is not very difficult for the left to spin the truth either.

What the right does not understand is that the taxpayer can't expect someone to work 37% more hours for 0% more pay. That's just plain common sense, something the right seems to lack in abundance.

They are asking for a 30% pay raise in return for working 37% more hours. If you can't see how that's more fair to the taxpayers than it is to the teachers your own education has failed you miserably.

Wrong.

Then please point to the most recent instance in which a right winger supported a teacher pay raise.

What the right does not understand is that the taxpayer can't expect someone to work 37% more hours for 0% more pay. That's just plain common sense, something the right seems to lack in abundance.

They are asking for a 30% pay raise in return for working 37% more hours. If you can't see how that's more fair to the taxpayers than it is to the teachers your own education has failed you miserably.

What you don't seem to understand is that these teachers are only working on average 5.5 hours/day, and that if this pay raise went through they'd be making DOUBLE the pay the average Chicagoan gets. But the real issue is that the city just doesn't have the money, do you really think Rahm Immanuel is doing this when there is another alternative?

Wrong.

2 months off in the summer....2 weeks for Christmas...one week for Easter....one week in February.....8AM-3PM daily with the right to charge for tutoring after 4PM...

I worked 12 hour days as a business owner...10 hour days as an employee.....as an employee never had more than 2 weeks vacation......as a business owner had my first several years with no vacation...never more than 3 weeks later in life.

Your 37% more work is a talking pioint that is not proven. I am sure they work hard...as most of us do...

So why should they get a raise funded by the taxpayer in an economy where the taxpayer is not getting a raise?

That's what kills me. Three years ago we were asked to take a pay freeze in order to save jobs. Most of the people I spoke with supported it. Instead of putting it to a vote, the union leadership voted against it. They claimed we were being lied to.

It makes the teachers look bad. Not just the union.

That's what kills me. Three years ago we were asked to take a pay freeze in order to save jobs. Most of the people I spoke with supported it. Instead of putting it to a vote, the union leadership voted against it. They claimed we were being lied to.

Exactally the unions are not about the little guy. That's what's hilarious. Liberals dont expect people to pay attention and notice this kind of stuff.
Teachers have a crappy job. My Aunt is a kindergarten teach and if she reports stuff like scratches on a kid (serious ones ) or bruises or such, she gets into trouble. The unions dont care about the little guy, just the union dues so they get people into office that enrich the union leadership even more.
Bill Summary & Status - 112th Congress (2011 - 2012) - S.2371 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Bill Text - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Why wouldnt they want merit pay raises? I know why, maybe a liberal can tell us.

This is the kind of schools we have in the worst parts of the banana republic Pubs have turned us into over the last 30 years. How people can vote for those myopic greedy morons is beyond me...Pub dupes...

Sad to think you actually believe and print this crap. So who has run public education over the past 50 years, the republicans? give it a break, come up for air, the Dem's dumbed down education and opened the door to public service employee unions, substandard education controlled by the central party, whoops, unions. But then again facts are not your strong point.

This is the kind of schools we have in the worst parts of the banana republic Pubs have turned us into over the last 30 years. How people can vote for those myopic greedy morons is beyond me...Pub dupes...

Sad to think you actually believe and print this crap. So who has run public education over the past 50 years, the republicans? give it a break, come up for air, the Dem's dumbed down education and opened the door to public service employee unions, substandard education controlled by the central party, whoops, unions. But then again facts are not your strong point.

Because he blames EVERYTHING on republicans. he's an idiot. Unions have killed schools with THEIR greed (school lunch program, mandatory attendance, clue guys they generate cash for schools, they're not worried about whos in school or on the programs, just that they have the right numbers)

Because he blames EVERYTHING on republicans. he's an idiot. Unions have killed schools with THEIR greed (school lunch program, mandatory attendance, clue guys they generate cash for schools, they're not worried about whos in school or on the programs, just that they have the right numbers)

I don't think you're supporting your point well. The unions are drastically out of touch if they want a 30% raise. I wish them luck but really--30 percent?

Anyway to your point, the schools offer what is mandated. I recall my last year of high school was my high school's last year to offer vocational education which was and still is a fucking travesty. While College should be the hope and dream you have for your kids, not all kids are cut out for college. There is nothing remotely indecent much less wrong about vocational education.

Don't blame the public school for not offering DECA, and HOCT, auto body, a/c-Refrigeration....the mandates by the states to teach to the standardized tests are what killed the vocational education and a lot of the good "programs" they offer.

The unions--who lost a lot of members when Vocational Education was flushed--had nothing to do with that. Nor did the Democrats on the whole and nor did the Republicans on the whole.

Both parties have taken their eyes off the ball in serving our kids and in turn, serving our society. Theres a reason that it costs $100 to get your plumbing fixed before the guy even gets out of the truck....

Good point. Unions should be about servant leadership; not the leadership for the sake of being combative.

And the Dumocrats in Chicago are just dumb enough to give it to em. Man, the Democrats really have turned Chicago into a miserable Third World nightmare. It's shameful.

What you don't seem to understand is that these teachers are only working on average 5.5 hours/day,

No, they are AT SCHOOL 5.5 hours a day. They work more than that. Its amazing to me that right wingers seem to think a teacher's job responsibilities end when class ends. Who do you think grades the papers and the homework, a magical monkey that sleeps under the teacher's desk and comes out at night to work?

and that if this pay raise went through they'd be making DOUBLE the pay the average Chicagoan gets.

And? Since when is everyone supposed to get paid the same regardless of the actual job? That's a new one from the right wing, sounds kinda commie. Maybe they should cut teacher pay down to 10k a year and then whine and complain about how no one who is qualified wants the job?

Last edited:

What you don't seem to understand is that these teachers are only working on average 5.5 hours/day,

No, they are AT SCHOOL 5.5 hours a day. They work more than that. Its amazing to me that right wingers seem to think a teacher's job responsibilities end when class ends. Who do you think grades the papers and the homework, a magical monkey that sleeps under the teacher's desk and comes out at night to work?

and that if this pay raise went through they'd be making DOUBLE the pay the average Chicagoan gets.

And? Since when is everyone supposed to get paid the same regardless of the actual job? That's a new one from the right wing, sounds kinda commie. Maybe they should cut teacher pay down to 30k a year and then whine and complain about how no one who is qualified wants the job?

Forum List

Back