Cherokee Purple

White bread, tomato, mayo! HEAVEN.
The Ohio:
tomato, sliced bell pepper rings, fresh onion, piled on white bread slathered with peanut butter.
You've never had anything weirder or better.

Me and tomatoes don't get along. I've tried several times to grow different types but they always seem to succumb to some issue or ailment, no matter how I baby them. Tomatoes are fussy, or I just don't live right.

Most issues with tomatoes go back to the soil. If you are using potting soil they will tease you. Look great at first then die before they are ripe.
Yes, soil is probably it. My stepdad grew the best tomatoes--he planted them over the septic tank.

These are hands down the best homegrown Tomato you can plant.

41gHnCJ3tnL.jpg
Wow! I want some!

I don't know about any of you all, but we're revisiting January here and I could dream all day of daffodils and mating pigeons and tomatoes and anything but single digit temps and a foot of snow.

My wife does the gardening, i just cook and eat it lol
She uses chicken shit and it works out well.

I like that they don't have too much youge--ya know, the soft seedy stuff in the holes. When I make salad I always squeez that out.
Those heirloom tomatoes are sweet.

If you don't want to "squeeze" anymore and you want an almost foolproof tomato plant no matter how crappy your green thumb is :) I highly recommend Sweet Millions. It's a hybrid but they are GMO free. Most nurseries have the plants as well.

And not kidding here, you can eat them like candy and if you skewer them and grill them they are unreal. And the best part is they are really early at 60 days so you're eating all summer long. Because they are indeterminate they produce like crazy till a kill frost.

I like that they don't have too much youge--ya know, the soft seedy stuff in the holes. When I make salad I always squeez that out.

If you don't want to "squeeze" anymore and you want an almost foolproof tomato plant no matter how crappy your green thumb is :) I highly recommend Sweet Millions. It's a hybrid but they are GMO free. Most nurseries have the plants as well.

And not kidding here, you can eat them like candy and if you skewer them and grill them they are unreal. And the best part is they are really early at 60 days so you're eating all summer long. Because they are indeterminate they produce like crazy till a kill frost.

Those are all nice traits but unfortunately cherry types. Too small. :(

Romas are pretty "dry", too.

The Ohio:
tomato, sliced bell pepper rings, fresh onion, piled on white bread slathered with peanut butter.

Eww. :puke:

Both o' y'all -- the phrase "white bread" does not play well with either the word "heaven" or the word "better".
Now, now, Pogo. How you gonna get the peanut butter on there without some Wonder Bread? It's just the vehicle to hold it all together. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

The Ohio:

Both o' y'all -- the phrase "white bread" does not play well with either the word "heaven" or the word "better".
Now, now, Pogo. How you gonna get the peanut butter on there without some Wonder Bread? It's just the vehicle to hold it all together. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

Now stop dat. Yer killing my appetite.

I gave up peanut butter 20 years ago when it gave me food poisoning. Besides which, it would cover up the taste of tomato.

I dunno, it just sounds like putting mustard on cereal.

I've never met a cherry tomato that tasted like much of anything--but I'm pretty sure all the ones I've had are just FULL of youge.
Grilling does help, I agree.
Thanks for the suggestion, though. They do look like beauties.

The Ohio:

Now stop dat. Yer killing my appetite.

I gave up peanut butter 20 years ago when it gave me food poisoning. Besides which, it would cover up the taste of tomato.

I dunno, it just sounds like putting mustard on cereal.
Well, hell, I can't compete with food poisoning.
Mustard on cereal--LOL

Forum List

Back