Victory Gardens

Larsky

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2016
DuPage County
Way before anyone here's time, (I think) but it was a great idea in wartime, and a great idea in the present day. Seeing more and more Urban Gardens in so called "Food deserts" where produce is not readily available.

I also think learning to grow your own food should be required curriculum.

Way before anyone here's time, (I think) but it was a great idea in wartime, and a great idea in the present day. Seeing more and more Urban Gardens in so called "Food deserts" where produce is not readily available.

Some of our local schools have greenhouses and do gardens, but they are getting slowly axed by the administration.

Set my peas out along the fence today. Onward to victory, Dear Lads.

Many urban areas have them

Especially weed..

Self Sufficiency is no longer a goal of American Society . Heck , many youngsters in the USA today can no longer 'fry' an egg or change a cars tire .

I bet a lot more people would grow food if it wasn't illegal to do so in so many areas. I personally think it's asinine that a person can't grow a nice garden on their half acre property without being in violation of some bullshit.

I bet a lot more people would grow food if it wasn't illegal to do so in so many areas. I personally think it's asinine that a person can't grow a nice garden on their half acre property without being in violation of some bullshit.

I am conflicted about some of these laws. In theory, I think people should be able to what they want within reason with their land, but some people are so hideous maintaining their property as is, allowing them unkempt gardens would just add to the rodent problems some areas have.

Illegal in some areas. The scrap gardens I've posted about are perfect. Organic produce and its free.

And just for fun, we bought this. We just started it so don't know how well it will grow. Truth is, I couldn't stand to throw away those blue wine bottles.

Forum List

Back