Chauvin Trial and American-English Grammar

Meathead

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
I've been watching the Chauvin triaI and I get that the incident took place in a shithole and that most of the witnesses so far have been black, but even the white witnesses have displayed simply horrible grammar. I have not lived in the US for 30 years, but do most people in the US massacre the language like this today? As Henry Higgins once said (My Fair Lady), "the cold blooded murder of the English tongue."

Is it public schooling in general or just the location where the thug died?

Last edited:
I've been watching the Chauvin triaI and get that the incident took place in a shithole and that most of the witnesses so far have been black, but even the white witnesses have displayed simply horrible grammar. I have not lived in the US for 30 years, but do most people in the US massacre the language like this today? As Henry Higgins once said (My Fair Lady), "the cold blooded murder of the English tongue."

How interesting that there's no link to anything. No quote, no video, no examples, no nuttin'. What a cornucopia of useless noninformation. My head spins from the sheer nonvolume.

I've been watching the Chauvin triaI and get that the incident took place in a shithole and that most of the witnesses so far have been black, but even the white witnesses have displayed simply horrible grammar. I have not lived in the US for 30 years, but do most people in the US massacre the language like this today? As Henry Higgins once said (My Fair Lady), "the cold blooded murder of the English tongue."

How interesting that there's no link to anything. No quote, no video, no examples, no nuttin'. What a cornucopia of useless noninformation. My head spins from the sheer nonvolume.
Simply watch the trial. The only one I've seen who spoke English passably was the 911 dispatcher. WTF would I need a link for personal observations?

Simply watch the trial. The only one I've seen who spoke English passably was the 911 dispatcher. WTF would I need a link for personal observations?
Pigo is a moron.

Pigo is a moron.
Not terribly bright.

Grammar isn't a requirement for useful idiots, so our heavily unionized public education system doesn't prioritize it anymore.

Nor apparently did this thread. Even though it's in the title.

Uh -- "watch the trial"?

I've looked around, there's no "trial" gong on here. There's lunch though.

Again, I ain't about to go piss my money away on a teevee feed for some bullshit. I came in here because I saw a topic about "American English Grammar". Apparently said grammar was so memorable that you can't even think of any.

I'll be leaving emptyhanded now. Because there's lunch.

/thread

I've been watching the Chauvin triaI and I get that the incident took place in a shithole and that most of the witnesses so far have been black, but even the white witnesses have displayed simply horrible grammar. I have not lived in the US for 30 years, but do most people in the US massacre the language like this today? As Henry Higgins once said (My Fair Lady), "the cold blooded murder of the English tongue."

MPS has been shitty since I was under its boot in the '70s....It has only degenerated since then.

MPS has been shitty since I was under its boot in the '70s....It has only degenerated since then.
Voila! Pogo and the witnesses.

America has indeed dumbed down.

I believe you meant empty-headed. Still, what that has to do with lunch escapes me. The trials on now btw. "Because there's lunch."?

Hey, I looked around the house and all I saw was lunch. I ate it.
Must have been yours. Because thirteen posts in I still see no evidence of any "grammar" thing.

I believe you meant empty-headed. Still, what that has to do with lunch escapes me. The trials on now btw. "Because there's lunch."?

Must have been yours. Because thirteen posts in I still see no evidence of any "grammar" thing.
OFFS, you're an idiot. Seriously.

OFFS, you're an idiot. Seriously.

Whelp ----- I didn't start a thread completely emptyhanded soooooooo..............

Yes! Yes, they do massacre the language. They kill it, bury it, dig it up, and kill it again.

I cannot comment on the grammar being heard during the trial, for I am not watching.

I prefer to watch "Friends" reruns.

After all, we all know what the verdict will be!

Yes, many Americans of all ages and all ethnicities speak very poorly when it comes to grammar.

And when it comes to writing, forget it! I hear that many university professors are shocked by the inability of many students to write a decent sentence, let alone a paragraph.

And, of course, correct punctuation is completely out of the question.

I cannot comment on the grammar being heard during the trial, for I am not watching.

I prefer to watch "Friends" reruns.

After all, we all know what the verdict will be!

Yes, many Americans of all ages and all ethnicities speak very poorly when it comes to grammar.

And when it comes to writing, forget it! I hear that many university professors are shocked by the inability of many students to write a decent sentence, let alone a paragraph.

And, of course, correct punctuation is completely out of the question.
OK, now I get it. Every defense witness who lived, worked or stopped by that shithole where the thug died murdered the English language.

I don't know if that has any bearing on the veracity of their testimony, but their English sucked.

Minneapolis is a black hell hole as is every single US city in the upper Midwest (STL, KC, Cleveland, Detroit, ChiCONGO)
Still the cop is a thug and a murderer

Voila! Pogo and the witnesses.

America has indeed dumbed down.
Americans are about half semi illiterate!!
We have zero culture and it’s become the Balkins
. I guess we excel at making weapons of death and computers
Life has become cheap here
. We have a terrorist running the nation and a massive murder rampage

Forum List

Back