Charlie Daniels...

This is a little embarrassing, but it's true... CDB's Security chased me through a parking lot in Bloomington, Indiana after a concert because I tried to borrow Charlie's hat... They didn't believe it was a good idea and in retrospect it probably wasn't... RIP
You tried to "borrow" Charlie Daniel's hat? That is a big dude. Yeah, not a good idea might be an understatement.

Such a shame. I listened to a lot of his music. Saw him twice. Once from the front row.

Such a talented fiddle player and song writer.

Godspeed and R.I.P. Charlie Daniels. Thanks for all the great music.

That's sad news.

He was my first concert, back on Long Island around '77 or '78, along with The Outlaws and The Marshall Tucker Band. I'd seen him a couple times after that, and I finally got to photograph him when he opened for Lynyrd Skynrd in Jacksonville in 2018.

RIP to one of the great ones...

cd24_1_orig.jpg

cd14_1_orig.jpg

cd22_1_orig.jpg

I had the pleasure of meeting him, his wife and son while on an early morning run way back when. They were jogging before he performed at a county fair performance.

He was an icon and patriot. Still have a picture of him and our twins. He commented Irish Lassie's like their mommy.

He'll be missed

Charlie Daniels loved the Confederate Flag. They were everywhere at his concerts.
Which can only mean one thing. Its only a matter of when before his memory is trashed.

I had the pleasure of meeting him, his wife and son while on an early morning run way back when. They were jogging before he performed at a county fair performance.

He was an icon and patriot. Still have a picture of him and our twins. He commented Irish Lassie's like their mommy.

He'll be missed
I was going to ask you if he was nice, but obviously he was or you wouldn't have such good things to say about him.

This is a little embarrassing, but it's true... CDB's Security chased me through a parking lot in Bloomington, Indiana after a concert because I tried to borrow Charlie's hat... They didn't believe it was a good idea and in retrospect it probably wasn't... RIP
Only if you were trying to steal it and if you weren't, perhaps his security team members are the ones who are guilty of going too far. How did the situation come about exactly? Did you get permission from the man himself to take it and try it on?

God bless you three and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. The following is my most favorite video from him.

Only if you were trying to steal it and if you weren't, perhaps his security are the ones who are guilty of going too far. How did the situation come about exactly? Did you get permission from the man himself to take it and try it on?

Holly, I was guilty as sin and needed to be chased...

Only if you were trying to steal it and if you weren't, perhaps his security are the ones who are guilty of going too far. How did the situation come about exactly? Did you get permission from the man himself to take it and try it on?
Holly, I was guilty as sin and needed to be chased...
Well at least you admit it because that is way more farther than too many other people in this day and age have any intention of ever going. Too many people now a days think that they can just do whatever they want and not suffer any kind of price.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Charlie Daniels loved the Confederate Flag. They were everywhere at his concerts.
Which can only mean one thing. Its only a matter of when before his memory is trashed.

He'll be missed
I was going to ask you if he was nice, but obviously he was or you wouldn't have such good things to say about him.

Only if you were trying to steal it and if you weren't, perhaps his security team members are the ones who are guilty of going too far. How did the situation come about exactly? Did you get permission from the man himself to take it and try it on?

God bless you three and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. The following is my most favorite video from him.

He was down to earth. Had ankle weights on while they jogged and I remember his ankles were rubbed raw and bleeding.

Told me to raise the twins right.

One-hit wonders are now “legends”. :lol:

One hit wonders? Charlie Daniels was in the Country Music Hall of Fame. He had quite a few hits. Just because you are not a fan of the music genre is no reason to be disrespectful.
What other hits? It’s not disrespectful to view his career clear-eyed. He had one hit. I guess this means they will be calling Vanilla Ice a legend, too.

One-hit wonders are now “legends”. :lol:

One hit wonders? Charlie Daniels was in the Country Music Hall of Fame. He had quite a few hits. Just because you are not a fan of the music genre is no reason to be disrespectful.
What other hits? It’s not disrespectful to view his career clear-eyed. He had one hit. I guess this means they will be calling Vanilla Ice a legend, too.

I guess you are referring to The Devil Went Down to Georgia as his only hit?

Long Haired Country Boy
Still in Saigon
The South Gonna Do It Again
Uneasy Rider
The Legend of Wooley Swamp
Simple Man

Those are what I can think of off the top of my head.

Forum List

Back