Charlie Daniels...

RIP Charlie. We danced at a lot of his roadhouse gigs over the years, and had a great time. Great musician and great band.

We were just watching him perform yesterday on a CW music channel.

Charlie Daniels loved the Confederate Flag. They were everywhere at his concerts.
Which can only mean one thing. Its only a matter of when before his memory is trashed.

I had the pleasure of meeting him, his wife and son while on an early morning run way back when. They were jogging before he performed at a county fair performance.

He was an icon and patriot. Still have a picture of him and our twins. He commented Irish Lassie's like their mommy.

He'll be missed
I was going to ask you if he was nice, but obviously he was or you wouldn't have such good things to say about him.

This is a little embarrassing, but it's true... CDB's Security chased me through a parking lot in Bloomington, Indiana after a concert because I tried to borrow Charlie's hat... They didn't believe it was a good idea and in retrospect it probably wasn't... RIP
Only if you were trying to steal it and if you weren't, perhaps his security team members are the ones who are guilty of going too far. How did the situation come about exactly? Did you get permission from the man himself to take it and try it on?

God bless you three and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. The following is my most favorite video from him.

He was down to earth. Had ankle weights on while they jogged and I remember his ankles were rubbed raw and bleeding.

Told me to raise the twins right.

Thank you for the story! I love to hear/read about celebrities being spotted when they are not on anyone else's watch other than their own.

Too many people now a days think that they can just do whatever they want and not suffer any kind of price.
When did this become a Trump thread?
The moment that his name was brought up is when. I don't remember ever saying his name in my earlier messages in this chat. So far you are the only one who has if I haven't over looked anyone else that is.

God bless you two and since he was brought up to me, our current leader too always!!!

Holly

BREAKING NEWS: Country music legend Charlie Daniels dies at 83. Details to come.
No great loss.

As a paid troll, why do you even care?

trolls-have-serious-XL.jpg

Synthaholic is a prime example of how warped and filled with hate and vitriol the Democrats are today. Not so long ago, when someone passed away regardless of their music, taste in humor or politics, we would express. Every one would express condolences. If one could not do that, they just showed respect by remaining silent.

Today, Democrats are in such a panic about the collapse of their party.

If a Rap star who Synthaholic especially enjoyed, for the life of me, I cannot imagine denigrating that star simply because their music was enjoyed by Synthaholic. But then, I'm not a Radical Democrat, I'm a Republican.

Synthaholic is a prime example of how warped and filled with hate and vitriol the Democrats are today. Not so long ago, when someone passed away regardless of their music, taste in humor or politics, we would express. Every one would express condolences. If one could not do that, they just showed respect by remaining silent.

If a Rap star who Synthaholic especially enjoyed, for the life of me, I cannot imagine denigrating that star simply because their music was enjoyed by Synthaholic. But then, I'm not a Radical Democrat, I'm a Republican.
That's a lot of words you used there...... me, I'm lazy. I say we just call her a cvnt and be done with it.
What do you say?

Maybe this hit by Charlie Daniels explains the intolerance expressed by our radical but "tolerant" good friend Synthaholic.

Sadly, this song is as relevant today as it was the day it was written.

Did you know too that the first song he sold was sung by Elvis Pressley! Another of my all time favorite entertainers.

That's a lot of words you used there...... me, I'm lazy. I say we just call her a cvnt and be done with it.
What do you say?

I'm usually a bottom-line sort of guy too. My verbose response might have a bit to do with my being older than dirt, retired and bored!

Another good fiddler that I thought was just as good as Daniels was Doug Kershaw, a ragin Cajun from Louisiana. He was big in the 70s and 80s

One-hit wonders are now “legends”. :lol:
Well if your boy floyd is a one hit wonder. Chairle Daniels is a legend, too bad you loons can't tell the difference.

One-hit wonders are now “legends”. :lol:

One hit wonders? Charlie Daniels was in the Country Music Hall of Fame. He had quite a few hits. Just because you are not a fan of the music genre is no reason to be disrespectful.
"I think it's about time that this country grew up in its musical tastes rather than making a giant step backwards that country music is doing". --Buddy Rich, 1973 - Can be said today of ghetto rat music.

Forum List

Back