Changing minds is more complicated than simply exposing poor arguments

These people breed, they vote and they bring up chilfren. We should be scared.
You should be more than scared. We infest every level and group in society. We interact with you, your children, and everyone around you. We look like you. We speak the same languages as you. We could be ANYONE.

And yet you campaign against teachers who are "indoctrinating the kids" to be gay ? I am glad that you recognise the idiocy of that argument.

Teachers have no business teaching anything but academics. You have politic's for that.

You may want to consider what's going on in Israel where 4 shots have been implemented. But then, you won't. Right?

View attachment 597902

Needless to say, Palestine has not injected their people with all these great vaccines. Tommy, did you get the booster? Good luck.
Sue I prefer to look at the US where your massive death rates reflect the strength of your anti vax industry.

There is more than one group that won't change their minds, some believe two years into a pandemic that permanent shutdowns and vaccines taken every three months is the way to "ending" this.

And yet you campaign against teachers who are "indoctrinating the kids" to be gay ? I am glad that you recognise the idiocy of that argument.

Tommy, from your own home. The UK vaccine surveillance report. Why are the boosted getting MORE cases than the unvaxxed?

SUPERSPREADER

Attachments

• UK report Feb 6.png
    UK report Feb 6.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 26
Sue I prefer to look at the US where your massive death rates reflect the strength of your anti vax industry.

The CDC, the FDA and etc are covering up information and lying. Tragically. We have to look overseas for information.

But if you insist, go look at the report from Beaumont hospital systems, also linked in this thread. Nearly HALF the hospitalized patients were vaccinated.

"We" were told that cloth masks were worthless, because the particle size of the virus would easily pass through...
then we were told that if we didn't wear a mask, we were killing people...BY THE SAME PEOPLE WHO TOLD US MASKS WERE WORTHLESS.

We were told that if we got the vaccine, we couldn't be infected. Then we were told that we could, actually, be infected, and could even spread the virus to others...even though we got vaccinated...by the same people who told us that if we got vaccinated we couldn't be infected.

We were told that having recovered from the infection, we still needed to get the vaccine, then we were told that...no, wait...the immunity from having recovered was BETTER than with the vaccine, and the vaccine actually detracted from our own immunity, shortening its duration. But we still have to be vaccinated because...well, just because.

Now the consensus seems to be that it's best to be vaccinated because if vaccinated and reasonably healthy, we almost definitely won't die from the disease. But that was the case before vaccination. Very few young, healthy people were dying from the disease. There were some, and the Media exploited every damn one of them, but basically "all" of those dying were either very old, very fat, or had some serious "co-morbidities." (And that's still the case).

Surgical masks, properly worn, can protect the wearer from catching the disease. But nobody has surgical masks, and no one wears them properly for more than an hour or so at a stretch. The paper and cloth masks that today's Virtue Signalers are wearing are utterly worthless, but they have become a symbol of "caring," which is typical Leftist nonsense.

If we still stood around the coffee pot at work and spoke to one another, we would be speaking about the large number of acquaintances we have/had who did everything "right" but still either got very sick or died from the disease.

Bottom line, if you are among a group of Leftists or neurotics, wear a fucking mask so as not to be a Jag Off. Around normal people, you can leave them in your pocket or purse. Getting the jabs is probably harmless and leads to less irritation than not getting them and trying to explain to idiots why you didn't.

Or here Tommy. From another local hospital. 17 people are hospitalized who were vaccinated AND BOOSTED. And they are in the HOSPITAL with Covid. AND the Booster did not even wear off yet...which it will

!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

1644170946165.png

"We" were told that cloth masks were worthless, because the particle size of the virus would easily pass through...
then we were told that if we didn't wear a mask, we were killing people...BY THE SAME PEOPLE WHO TOLD US MASKS WERE WORTHLESS.

We were told that if we got the vaccine, we couldn't be infected. Then we were told that we could, actually, be infected, and could even spread the virus to others...even though we got vaccinated...by the same people who told us that if we got vaccinated we couldn't be infected.

We were told that having recovered from the infection, we still needed to get the vaccine, then we were told that...no, wait...the immunity from having recovered was BETTER than with the vaccine, and the vaccine actually detracted from our own immunity, shortening its duration. But we still have to be vaccinated because...well, just because.

Now the consensus seems to be that it's best to be vaccinated because if vaccinated and reasonably healthy, we almost definitely won't die from the disease. But that was the case before vaccination. Very few young, healthy people were dying from the disease. There were some, and the Media exploited every damn one of them, but basically "all" of those dying were either very old, very fat, or had some serious "co-morbidities." (And that's still the case).

Surgical masks, properly worn, can protect the wearer from catching the disease. But nobody has surgical masks, and no one wears them properly for more than an hour or so at a stretch. The paper and cloth masks that today's Virtue Signalers are wearing are utterly worthless, but they have become a symbol of "caring," which is typical Leftist nonsense.

If we still stood around the coffee pot at work and spoke to one another, we would be speaking about the large number of acquaintances we have/had who did everything "right" but still either got very sick or died from the disease.

Bottom line, if you are among a group of Leftists or neurotics, wear a fucking mask so as not to be a Jag Off. Around normal people, you can leave them in your pocket or purse. Getting the jabs is probably harmless and leads to less irritation than not getting them and trying to explain to idiots why you didn't.

What you typed and then your bolded paragraph make no sense together.

If all of the unbolded is true, the bolded makes zero sense. Zero.

Whatever happened to the term

"Breakthrough"

That kinda died didn't it?

Since that vaccine is so safe and effective.

Why is it that this thread is about changing minds and being reasonable but you won't address any of the DATA I'm providing?

SUPER

SPREADER
Sue I find your opinions entertaining but given your record on this board for lying I am hardly going to waste my time investigating yur dodgy data. You have no credibility here.

I see it as more related to life experiences. There are intelligent people in the unvaxxed but they seem to have been damaged in some way. Abused as kids or bitter about something.
But you are correct in that stupid people are easier to control with dodgy data.

Conservative women seem to have extreme daddy-issues. I don't know if you come across that on your side of the pond but over here, the level of intellectual dishonesty from them is off the charts. Its one reason here so many of them support Trump...it reminds them of the way their father was.

Yes, the schmart people, the sophisticated set, went out and injected themselves with God only knows what because the Overlords told them to. And it made them feel like good people.

Did it work out??
Unlike the hundreds of thousands who died needlessly because they refused a safe, free, available and effective vaccine, I'm still alive...so yeah, it worked out great.

I guess your days of "not caring" are gone? Or are you going to follow me around for another hour or so trying to get my attention?

The main British political discussion show invited in an audience of anti vaxxers to discuss their idiocy with a panel of experts. to limited success.

How do you react when someone politely but firmly tells you that you’re talking nonsense about something that’s important to you? Do you gracefully and immediately give way to their greater expertise? Or do you double down?

Most of us are in the latter camp. Voicing our beliefs tends to solidify them. We may like to think of ourselves as rational creatures, constantly assessing the world for new information that might change our minds, but this is not how our brains work. Explaining to someone that their belief is flat-out wrong is not a good way of getting them to drop it. And research shows that the process of “myth-busting” – setting out a common false statement, then explaining why it is wrong – backfires because it counterintuitively reinforces and helps spread the myths.

But it is impossible to counter emotion with facts and the exercise ,whils exposing the idiocy of the anti vaxxers, will probably not have convinced many. We could have told them cahead of the show. Five years of exposing trumps villiany has not dented his cults belief in him.

And focussing on the ridiculous "stop the steal" nonsense underlines this. Despite zero evidence there are still folk who think that the election was stolen. When it gets to the point that people do not need any evidence i n order to believe something touted by a proven liar then facts and science are not going to penetrate.

It leaves society pretty much at the mercy of uninformed people who think that a half hour rummaging aarund the net makes then PHDs in any subject under the sun.

These people breed, they vote and they bring up chilfren. We should be scared.

If they wanted an honest debate they would have experts representing both sides. The fact that the JAB pushers can't debate experts in their own field should tell people all they need to know....

If they wanted an honest debate they would have experts representing both sides. The fact that the JAB pushers can't debate experts in their own field should tell people all they need to know....
There are no anti vax "experts." The specimen doesnt exist. Think about it .

Conservative women seem to have extreme daddy-issues. I don't know if you come across that on your side of the pond but over here, the level of intellectual dishonesty from them is off the charts. Its one reason here so many of them support Trump...it reminds them of the way their father was.
The discussion hasnt become as toxic over here as it has in the states. We have a conservative government pushing the vax and a labour opposition supporting them. Its just sensible as a way of protecting the people..
Other stuff like masks and lockdowns have proven more divisive with the tories being against them. The tories get grief not for vaxxing but for their shambolic operation and corruption. Giving contracts to party donors and so on.

Forum List

Back