Cereal Killer Earns High Praise

I, Lone Laugher, foolishly believed that the electorate would reject the unlikley candidacy of Donald Trump. I expressed this opinion in an arrogant and condescending manner...day after day...post after post. This, in spite of the fact that I had been wrong dozens of times since last June with regard to this candidate.

cereal_killer , on the other hand, read the tea leaves with the precision of a Lockheed Martin DAGR. He predicted a resounding victory for Trump and his supporters. He clearly grasped facts on the ground and understood the mood of the nation in ways that I couldn't possibly begin to understand.

I will forever question my own interpretation of how politicians are viewed by the electorate. I will struggle with the "hows" and 'whys" of this election result. I doubt my ego will ever recover.....which may be for the best.

Moving forward, I will have no choice but to hope that this man proves himself worthy of the position he is now in. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned. I must leave that concern aside. I will do as I have always done....support the office of the president...hope that he is successful, helps move the nation forward and earns a second term. I shall also, as always, be a source of loyal opposition when necessary.

Lone Laugher

I respect how you handled this. I mean that sincerely. And since you have been decent.....I will be decent as well. I both liked and respected Trump, Clinton, and Obama's comments since the election result was announced.

All three showed class and it was appreciated. :thup:

Actually, I was surprised by Trump's speech. It was very good and unexpected.

I, Lone Laugher, foolishly believed that the electorate would reject the unlikley candidacy of Donald Trump. I expressed this opinion in an arrogant and condescending manner...day after day...post after post. This, in spite of the fact that I had been wrong dozens of times since last June with regard to this candidate.

cereal_killer , on the other hand, read the tea leaves with the precision of a Lockheed Martin DAGR. He predicted a resounding victory for Trump and his supporters. He clearly grasped facts on the ground and understood the mood of the nation in ways that I couldn't possibly begin to understand.

I will forever question my own interpretation of how politicians are viewed by the electorate. I will struggle with the "hows" and 'whys" of this election result. I doubt my ego will ever recover.....which may be for the best.

Moving forward, I will have no choice but to hope that this man proves himself worthy of the position he is now in. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned. I must leave that concern aside. I will do as I have always done....support the office of the president...hope that he is successful, helps move the nation forward and earns a second term. I shall also, as always, be a source of loyal opposition when necessary.

Lone Laugher

You're a better man than I - I'm still working on getting to this point :)

Admitting it is half the battle.

Lone Laugher

Actually...I'm thinking the man part might be the tougher one...but I shall perservere...:cheers2:

Lone Laugher

Actually...I'm thinking the man part might be the tougher one...but I shall perservere...:cheers2:

We can stop by Fox's coffee shop and have a nice hot pot of black coffee. That will cure what ails you.

Last edited:

Lone Laugher

I respect how you handled this. I mean that sincerely. And since you have been decent.....I will be decent as well. I both liked and respected Trump, Clinton, and Obama's comments since the election result was announced.

All three showed class and it was appreciated. :thup:

Yes they were great. And yesterday they were trashing Trump like there was no tomorrow. Fortunately for those scum, there was not. It's amazing how quick people jump to believe a lying sack.

I would like to echo Etherions comments. I didn't think you could step up to the plate Lone but you did with class, thank you. I was wrong. I actually think, maybe naively, that the air has cleared in the country some and maybe we can channel some of our energies to solving problems instead of fighting with each other. Our country is eat up with potential.

LoneLaugher
CK wasnt the only one you were an arrogant asshole to.

"I expressed this opinion in an arrogant and condescending manner...day after day...post after post. This, in spite of the fact that I had been wrong dozens of times since last June with regard to this candidate."

Lone Laugher
Dude first off, you're a stand up guy for honoring our little bet. I find great respect for people who honor their bets even if it kills them to do it, so for that you get huge props from me.

Secondly, I find your post very honorable. You could have easily went to insulting Trump, but you didn't. Instead you chose to question everything that happened. Not from a stand point of "Whoever voted for Trump are racist morons", but from a stand-point of really not understanding it. I don't think that is a unique position to be in but that very position will lead to more questions which will eventually lead to answers.

Lastly I do understand your trepidation with Trump. We really don't know what he'll do or if he'll be any good. I believe he will do great things for ALL Americans (especially the middle class and poor), but that still remains to be seen. I do hope he makes due on his promises and brings back prosperity and jobs to everyone struggling to make ends meet or out of work. Everyone in this country deserves the opportunity to raise themselves up through a well paying job. I hope he's a President for all the people in this great Republic.

Unity. I hope we all find unity. I have a feeling that 2017 will be a time of healing and unity. We'll see.

Thanks brother!

Lone Laugher
Dude first off, you're a stand up guy for honoring our little bet. I find great respect for people who honor their bets even if it kills them to do it, so for that you get huge props from me.

Secondly, I find your post very honorable. You could have easily went to insulting Trump, but you didn't. Instead you chose to question everything that happened. Not from a stand point of "Whoever voted for Trump are racist morons", but from a stand-point of really not understanding it. I don't think that is a unique position to be in but that very position will lead to more questions which will eventually lead to answers.

Lastly I do understand your trepidation with Trump. We really don't know what he'll do or if he'll be any good. I believe he will do great things for ALL Americans (especially the middle class and poor), but that still remains to be seen. I do hope he makes due on his promises and brings back prosperity and jobs to everyone struggling to make ends meet or out of work. Everyone in this country deserves the opportunity to raise themselves up through a well paying job. I hope he's a President for all the people in this great Republic.

Unity. I hope we all find unity. I have a feeling that 2017 will be a time of healing and unity. We'll see.

Thanks brother!
We are also awarding you the grandeur position of being named,,,The New 214 of USMB...

Lone Laugher

Ive got more respect for you, RW, and candy corn. Yall were quick to lash someone but just as gracious and humble in defeat. Nothing but the best for yall.
Agreed. So much respect for them. Now is going to be hard to debate them 'hard' in 4 more years :lol:

Every now and then I like to review this awesome thread.

Were my concerns warranted? What do you think?

Notice CK predicted Trump would do good things for the poor and middle class. Under Trump we had the highest employment rate ever recorded for blacks and latinos. Real wages rose for those at the bottom of the economic spectrum for the first time in years. They declined every year under Obama.

Then the China virus hit which of course adversely impacted the world economy. No one is to blame for the China virus but China. Once a vaccine comes out Trump will do it again.

Every now and then I like to review this awesome thread.

Were my concerns warranted? What do you think?

Notice CK predicted Trump would do good things for the poor and middle class. Under Trump we had the highest employment rate ever recorded for blacks and latinos. Real wages rose for those at the bottom of the economic spectrum for the first time in years. They declined every year under Obama.

Then the China virus hit which of course adversely impacted the world economy. No one is to blame for the China virus but China. Once a vaccine comes out Trump will do it again.

Real wages for those at the bottom of the economic spectrum declined every year under Obama?

Would you care to support that claim?

Also, please don’t make those wild statements about how great Trump has been for the poor and middle class. It’s tired bullshit. He essentially kept the economy on the same general track that it was on when he took office. Managing to grow the debt and deficit tremendously while doing so.

You fuckers repeat these bullshit claims to convince yourselves. You know you won’t fool anyone who pays attention.

Forum List

Back