Celiac/Gluten Intolerant

Joanimaroni

Apr 16, 2016
This seems to be a growing autoimmune disorder.

I was diagnosed a year ago and still,trying to deal with it. Anyone else.

Never diagnosed, but I know I have to stay away from wheat, barley, rye, and foods with them or pay a price.

Yes, I've had the experience. It's not easy.
Did you know that it wasn't actually "discovered" until WWII? Doctors knew some patients didn't do well if they had "starch" in their diet, but they had no idea what starches. They also forbade potatoes and rice--pretty much carbs in general! Those poor people must have about starved. But a doctor in one of the Scandinavian countries noticed during WWII that a lot less kids were coming down with this "starch" disease. They were not receiving wheat flour shipments due to the war and most people were using potato flour. So he started putting two and two together.
That's part of why there are still a lot of questions about celiac disease. That, and the fact that it is totally controlled by diet. So not at the top of researchers' lists of bad diseases. But in the US it is really hard to be gluten free unless you can eat at home and prepare most everything yourself all the time.
Get used to a lot of salads.

There are a few people here who are celiac-gluten intolerant, I can't remember who they are, but I'm sure they'll probably notice your thread.

There is a few people that are dealing with it here. I read a lot on it but my notes are in my other computer. Has your doctor check for Giardia chlorinated water systems don't necessarily kill this parasite. Its more widespread than reported. If you decide to treat naturally do so with caution taking measures to keep the Liver and Spleen moving out anything which can affect the Gall Bladder with stones building up in it. Malic acid-apples, Celery seed, Chanca Piedra, Lemon Juice, Pepper, Dandelion greens and roots, Garlic, Oranges and Grapefruit even if you can, lots of clean water daily, soups too. High natural oily foods, real Butter, Coconut oil, Avocado, for days you feel up to it before bed Olive Oil, and Epsom Salts (ES causes water to draw in intestines which in turn creates shitz so try just a little to see how it works on you. Again lots of water or liquids. One needs the bowel to keep passing these unwanted things through freely) this ES and OO will help the tubes that Gall stones travel through to relax so the stones after the breaking up and softening can release. Most everyone has stones that have built over the years un-noticed so take the measures first to prevent problems you may get when taking anything that will kill the Giardia or any other virus or parasite that may have colonized in your system. Lots of info on websites for protecting the Liver and Gall Bladder online you can find if you go naturally. Family member forty years old went with prescribed meds from his docs for another similar condition and ended up having Gall Stones and that resulted in Sepsis and then in a few months after ten trips to spend a day or two in hospital a Gall Bladder removal but they are still having intestinal issues.
A lot of info in these links you can read to see what others have used. Even in the 1950's they knew Giardia was related with Celiac/Coliac disease.
Giardia - Google Search
Giardia - Google Search

Personally I think it is through more knowledge, thus more diagnosies.
Is it getting more wide spread or being diagnosed more precisely or both?
I was wondering if it had to something with GMO foods, preservatives, food colorings etc....etc...
That is a portion of it but Giardia and other microbes are not always killed by chlorinated systems either. Almost grains are poisoned now with chemicals and even the Yeast for bread is a GMO' product instead of the natural.

I was wondering if it had to something with GMO foods, preservatives, food colorings etc....etc...

Too many foods these days have shit in them that isn't needed. This is why people should attempt to eat only fresh produce, meat, fruits, vegetables, no pre-cooked pre-packed foods, no processed foods etc.

Too many foods these days have shit in them that isn't needed. This is why people should attempt to eat only fresh produce, meat, fruits, vegetables, no pre-cooked pre-packed foods, no processed foods etc.
Yes, I agree. We can reduce the adverse effects when we do what you recommend.

There is yet another angle to look at it.The problem I see, that even then we have limited control over the food we consume. Were the animals and plants GM-d? How much chemicals the plants absorbed what our animals feed on and we eat also? Lot of questions and uncertainties.

There is yet another angle to look at it.The problem I see, that even then we have limited control over the food we consume. Were the animals and plants GM-d? How much chemicals the plants absorbed what our animals feed on and we eat also? Lot of questions and uncertainties.

Also why are so many children these days either lethargic or hyper, it's what they are being fed, often for convenience and those pre-cooked, pre-packaged and processed foods if you read the small print contain an unusual amount of the wrong type of additives that don't need to be in a childs body.

As the saying goes, you are what you eat and especially with children parents should be careful what they feed their children and not feed them anything because it's more convenient.

This is where people should start lobbying their state and local officials for rules and regs that allow for individuals to sell what they actually grow including chickens and locally butchered cattle (pigs are a different meat altogether as it clots blood if not marinated right and they carry a lot more diseases). Range fed or yard fed chickens with both grain and scraps have bones that will not soften even if you cook them a week in a pressure cooker. Store bought chicken bones are soft after a day of cooking them. If the meat is nutrient deficient it ain't giving you what you need either. Plus the chemicals desiccate the plants (remove the heme- nutrients of the plant) and if there are chemicals in it when you eat it you will also be robbed of minerals and nutrients just like the plant was when it was grown with chemicals or sprayed before harvesting.

Local meaning cities and towns should be able to have a few hens for eggs so they can share with their neighbors or even sell them butchered to one another. Gardens always grow more than you need too. Natural Yeast starts used to be passed around between family and friends also so that is another thing people could do. Red Wheat is not GMO if I recall correctly. Some towns are creating co-op areas where people can go to can their own foo in jars too. Some churches could do some of that by opening their kitchens too for their members to can and share home grown food.

This is where people should start lobbying their state and local officials for rules and regs that allow for individuals to sell what they actually grow including chickens and locally butchered cattle (pigs are a different meat altogether as it clots blood if not marinated right and they carry a lot more diseases). Range fed or yard fed chickens with both grain and scraps have bones that will not soften even if you cook them a week in a pressure cooker. Store bought chicken bones are soft after a day of cooking them. If the meat is nutrient deficient it ain't giving you what you need either. Plus the chemicals desiccate the plants (remove the heme- nutrients of the plant) and if there are chemicals in it when you eat it you will also be robbed of minerals and nutrients just like the plant was when it was grown with chemicals or sprayed before harvesting.

Local meaning cities and towns should be able to have a few hens for eggs so they can share with their neighbors or even sell them butchered to one another. Gardens always grow more than you need too. Natural Yeast starts used to be passed around between family and friends also so that is another thing people could do. Red Wheat is not GMO if I recall correctly. Some towns are creating co-op areas where people can go to can their own foo in jars too. Some churches could do some of that by opening their kitchens too for their members to can and share home grown food.
Yes, I agree.
The problem is that people don't give a shit about local elections that's why our schools went down in the toilet. School board elections should be very important also. The other example is that one has to search very hard to find something about judges when we vote for retaining them or fire them....

Yes, I agree.
The problem is that people don't give a shit about local elections that's why our schools went down in the toilet. School board elections should be very important also. The other example is that one has to search very hard to find something about judges when we vote for retaining them or fire them....
Well if they want any quality in their states, hometowns and schools and such they will have to get involved. Judges can be fired (voted out or removed). Its just a process and again people will have to get involved if they want to keep it.

Yes, I've had the experience. It's not easy.
Did you know that it wasn't actually "discovered" until WWII? Doctors knew some patients didn't do well if they had "starch" in their diet, but they had no idea what starches. They also forbade potatoes and rice--pretty much carbs in general! Those poor people must have about starved. But a doctor in one of the Scandinavian countries noticed during WWII that a lot less kids were coming down with this "starch" disease. They were not receiving wheat flour shipments due to the war and most people were using potato flour. So he started putting two and two together.
That's part of why there are still a lot of questions about celiac disease. That, and the fact that it is totally controlled by diet. So not at the top of researchers' lists of bad diseases. But in the US it is really hard to be gluten free unless you can eat at home and prepare most everything yourself all the time.
Get used to a lot of salads.

I was also diagnosed with gastrointestinal paresis...no raw fruits or vegetables.

But you are correct...gluten free is hard with foods and preservatives. You are safest shopping the perimeter of the grocery store. Fresh products.

And it is now determined to be genetic.
Sorry I don't buy all the claims of genetics for preventable diseases they are shuffling out there. A lot of it is merely family history or habitation and habits. A mother can pass various microbial diseases on to their children and its not known until several generations later. A family pet could have something so the whole family minus one gets whatever it is. One family I know had parasites that were not dealt with for almost forty years as only one family member was treated and the doctor did not test the rest of the four members of that family.

Forum List

Back