Celebrating the average Joe worker

Yes wages are way behind, the the average Joe keeps the nation running...incredible. It's the little man that has built this nation.

Bigger government crowds out low end labor.

Those who support bigger government are those who support crushing low end labor.

The people who singlehandedly made america great. Enjoy the day.

The problem I have with Labor Day is the fact that Labor Day parades only honor BIG Labor.

The Scab majority, 94% of the American work force, isn't honored at all. Wouldn't it be great to have Walmart or Target honor its associates by having them march in the Labor Day parade? That would show a lot more unity instead of division in this country

The problem I have with Labor Day is the fact that Labor Day parades only honor BIG Labor.

The Scab majority, 94% of the American work force, isn't honored at all. Wouldn't it be great to have Walmart or Target honor its associates by having them march in the Labor Day parade? That would show a lot more unity instead of division in this country
Considering it was the labor movement and labor unions that had the pull to get the holiday created in the first place.

Tell ya' what, why don't all the non unionists pull their weight together and create 'scab' day or whatever. Let's see how far you get and when it fails maybe you'll realize the purpose of a union. Anyway, thank them for the day off.

Those who support bigger government are those who support crushing low end labor.
No. Major companies paying slave wages crush low end labor.

Partially, but the much more responsible entity is big greedy corporations and the billionaires who own them. They also control government. If you only blame big government, you miss the forest for the trees. It’s a common mistake made by conservatives.

Partially, but the much more responsible entity is big greedy corporations and the billionaires who own them. They also control government. If you only blame big government, you miss the forest for the trees. It’s a common mistake made by conservatives.

1990s vs today proves the point.

Same "greedy corporations" bullshit, totally different outcome.

Budget surplus.
Booming economy.
Low end wage inflation, nobody bitching about minimum wage, which is for high school kids over summer.

The variable is size, cost, and behavior of big government. The bigger the government gets, the worse harm it does.

Back in the day, Average Joe Worker could afford the American Dream.

Not so much anymore.

My grandpa died when he was 83, my grandma is now 94. When I was little he worked as a manager at a warehouse and she worked in the men's department at Sears. They took 2 trips a year, alternated buying a new car every 6 years, had their house paid for and had food on the table and retired with retirement plans and social security.

They worked hard but didn't have to kill themselves to have a stable life and be comfortable to enjoy their retirement.

Sadly those days are over for a lot of Americans.

Forum List

Back