CDC eviction moratorium unlawful

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
A federal appeals court on Friday ruled that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) exceeded its authority by temporarily halting evictions amid the pandemic.

In a unanimous ruling, a three-judge panel of the Cincinnati-based Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals agreed with a lower court that the agency had overreached with its eviction moratorium, which is set to expire at the end of July.

Federal appeals court finds CDC eviction moratorium unlawful

How does CDC reach over into housing and private property rights. Where is that in their charter?
All it amounts to is more liberal support for deadbeats at the expense of those who take initiative and responsibility

I dunno about agency. The courts can, on a case-by-case basis and for very specific reasons.

As a former truck driver I can tell you that these bureaucracies have way too much power. Our founders designed this federal system so that any laws, taxes or fines are passed through Congress. They never once mention agencies or bureaucracies because they wanted people to have redress under any giving situation. You don't have that with bureaucracies. In transportation, they write new and more regulations every year, and of course penalties for disobeying those regulations. Our founders never wanted anything like this.

The truck driver shortage became even worse after covid, but it's been suffering a long time, much of it I believe because of bureaucracies. If they had the power to create this eviction law, it doesn't surprise me given they took away most of our constitutional rights as drivers. I hope one day we get a President and Congress that will eliminate at least half of the bureaucracies we have, and place strict restrictions on what kind of power the remaining ones are allowed to have. Bureaucracies are as un-American as the left themselves.

Gun grabbing liberal government docs? That CDC? Revoke poor people's rights and make sure their apartments are subject to random searches for guns and other contraband, but goodness don't raid their Marijuana or heroin stash or evict the poor drug dealers or throw them out on the streets.

A federal appeals court on Friday ruled that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) exceeded its authority by temporarily halting evictions amid the pandemic.

In a unanimous ruling, a three-judge panel of the Cincinnati-based Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals agreed with a lower court that the agency had overreached with its eviction moratorium, which is set to expire at the end of July.

Federal appeals court finds CDC eviction moratorium unlawful

kisspng-rich-uncle-pennybags-monopoly-party-game-monopoly-monopoly-man-5b22af6d28f393.91505928...jpg
Pay up

Forum List

Back