CBS rejects Super Bowl ad on benefits of medical marijuana

What brand? I'd like to have some..
It's a super hybrid called Phil Hartman's Ghost...
420a.jpg

In 2011 I was diagnosed with cancer in both of my breasts. It was carcinoma. A cancer that grows fast and moves to other organs fast. So it kills very fast.

The carcinoma I had was 100% receptive to 2 hormones that my body naturally produces. Which means that my own body chemistry is the food for that carcinoma to live and grow. Which guarantees that it will return to kill me just as it did to 4 of my relatives in the past. They all had full mastectomies but it came back to kill them anyway. They didn't have a form of chemo that blocks those hormones. It wasn't invented yet.

I'm lucky. It is here now. I had to be on that medication for 7 long years. A pill I took every day for 7 long years. It came with a very long list of side effects, as all chemo does. One of the worst was it made everything I swallowed come right back up. I was even vomiting in my sleep waking up choking on it. I couldn't take the other medication that blocks the hormones. It caused heart fiberlations and I get anaphylactic allergic reactions so if I was on it and had a reaction, I would die. So Tamoxifen was the only one I could take. If I didn't take it, I would be dead now.

The ONLY medication that made it possible for me to stay on Tamoxifen was medical marijuana. I tried all the anti nausea pills only to see them floating in my toilet after I vomited them back up.

No, medical marijuana didn't cure the cancer. Medical marijuana made it possible for me to be on the chemo to save my life.

Medical marijuana was one of the medications that saved my life and is the only reason why I'm alive today.

All I have to say to those who want to take it from people who need it so badly.

MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. If you don't want to use it for a medical condition you're perfectly free to not use it.

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DENY IT TO ANYONE ELSE. Especially in the states that legalized it.

All I have to say to everyone one of you selfish people. I hope you never have to fight for your life. I hope you never have to live with knowing it can return to kill you at anytime. I hope you never have to wake up in the middle of the night choking on vomit. I hope you never have to go through what millions of cancer patients like me have to endure just to stay alive.

I'm not a cruel and selfish person.

Unlike you.

At a time when the US military is facing the highest number of suicides and PTSD cases ever ( but the V.A. can't prescribe the best remedy - medical marijuana because of federal laws ) here we see another sickening example of corporate control over the mainstream media -- in this case it's Big Pharma and Big Alcohol, but they're not the only ones with powerful lobbyists in Washington involved.
Who Are The Top 5 Lobby Groups Fighting Legal Cannabis?

CBS rejected a Super Bowl ad that makes a case for medical marijuana.

Acreage Holdings, which is in the cannabis cultivation, processing and dispensing business, said it produced a 60-second ad that shows three people suffering from varying health issues who say their lives were made better by use of medical marijuana.

Acreage said its ad agency sent storyboards for the ad to the network and received a return email that said: “CBS will not be accepting any ads for medical marijuana at this time.”

CBS rejects Super Bowl ad on benefits of medical marijuana
Good for CBS. Children watch the SuperBowl.

Good for CBS.
Now we just need a public awareness campaign to inform people of the risks of pot to counter the pot lobby lies obfuscating the danger.
So which one do you work for ?
We are approaching the end of 2018, and legal Cannabis is rapidly taking off (Luxembourg, South Korea, Canada, Mexico, Massachusetts, the list goes on and on). Sadly, not everyone is happy about it. Let’s take a look at some of the biggest industries funding anti-cannabis lobby groups, and the unethical reasons why…

Big Tobacco
shutterstock_648823132.jpg

Big tobacco firms have had an interest in cannabis, both positive and negative, for decades. A study published in the Milbank Quarterly stated that:

Since at least the 1970s, tobacco companies have been interested in marijuana and marijuana legalization as both a potential and a rival product…Policymakers and public health advocates must be aware that the tobacco industry (is) prepared to enter the marijuana market with the intention of increasing its already widespread use.

A powerful industry like big tobacco can have immense lobbying power, and there are genuine concerns that tobacco companies are eyeing up cannabis as a potential legal investment. But tobacco companies are also still active in anti-cannabis lobby groups.

In Florida, a lobby group called Drug Free Florida has been campaigning hard to get state residents to vote against legalization of cannabis. Upon looking closer at the group, one of their principle lobbyists is a woman named Sarah Bascom, who is also a long-time and prominent lobbyist on behalf of the Dosal Tobacco Corp.

Jeff Sessions, the ex-Attorney General of the United States, received donations from the tobacco company R.J. Reynolds (maker of Camel cigarettes) that were so excessive that some of the money had to be returned! These donations helped him get elected to the Senate back in 1996, and there’s evidence that he acted as a shill for them – and against legal cannabis – consistently since then!

So why would tobacco companies lobby against cannabis if their ultimate aim is to profit from it themselves? Well, the answer may be right there in the question – they lobby against laws that would make it accessible to everyone, while also putting out feelers on how best to take it over themselves.

Like tobacco giant Philip Morris back in 1970, when they “applied for and (were) granted a special permit to grow, cultivate and make marijuana extracts“!

Big Alcohol
shutterstock_429977077.jpg

powered by MANTISCalifornia, Arizona, and Massachusetts at least.

Recently, many big players seem to have changed their approach though. Rather tthanspending money to keep cannabis illegal, they now invest into cannabis business’. It’s no secret that the edible market is growing at an insane pace and the alc industry wants a piece of the pie.

Big Pharma
shutterstock_589763738.jpg

The tactics employed by big alcohol and big tobaccocompanies to challenge legal cannabis may be insidious and sneaky, but they pale in comparison to big pharma when it comes to total lack of morals and respect for human life.

By funding anti-cannabis researchers and organizations, lobbying government agencies, and “donating” to politicians, big pharma plays an immense and crucial role in maintaining political opposition to the legalization of cannabis.

Again, this occurs due to the fear of losing out on profits. In U.S. states with legal cannabis, opioid use has fallenconsiderably, along with the number of deaths associated with their use.

One of the biggest opponents to cannabis legalization is the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA). In 2014 alone, PhRMA spent about $16.6 million on lobbying.

Private Prisons
shutterstock_68939158.jpg

The private prison industry in the USA (and also in some other countries like the UK and France) directly benefits from the prohibition of cannabis, as it gives them a steady stream of new inmates. Private prisons are set up to profit for each inmate, so a steady stream of them is precisely what they want.

One of the largest private prison companies, Corrections Corporation of America, has stated that keeping drugs illegal is essential to its business success. Since 2008, the corporation has spent around $970,000 per year on lobbying.

Police & Prison Unions
Police-Prson-Unions.jpg

Police unions depend heavily on funding for anti-drug efforts, and also receive money from asset forfeitures when properties are seized as a result of drug crimes. They have a strong interest in maintaining this situation and have consistently donated to lobby groups fighting the legalization of cannabis and other drugs.

In California, a group called the Coalition for Responsible Drug Policies was heavily involved in campaigning against last year’s successful initiative to legalize recreational cannabis.

The funds came from groups representing law enforcement, including the California Police Chiefs Association, the Riverside Sheriffs’ Association, the Los Angeles Police Protective League’s Issues PAC, and the California Correctional Supervisor’s Organization.

Prison guard unions fear the legalization of cannabis as it would reduce the need for prison staff, in private prisons that are also profiting from the illegality of cannabis.

In 2008, the California prison union provided funds to help defeat Proposition 5, a measure to create prison diversion programs for nonviolent offenders with drug problems.

In 2011 I was diagnosed with cancer in both of my breasts. It was carcinoma. A cancer that grows fast and moves to other organs fast. So it kills very fast.

The carcinoma I had was 100% receptive to 2 hormones that my body naturally produces. Which means that my own body chemistry is the food for that carcinoma to live and grow. Which guarantees that it will return to kill me just as it did to 4 of my relatives in the past. They all had full mastectomies but it came back to kill them anyway. They didn't have a form of chemo that blocks those hormones. It wasn't invented yet.

I'm lucky. It is here now. I had to be on that medication for 7 long years. A pill I took every day for 7 long years. It came with a very long list of side effects, as all chemo does. One of the worst was it made everything I swallowed come right back up. I was even vomiting in my sleep waking up choking on it. I couldn't take the other medication that blocks the hormones. It caused heart fiberlations and I get anaphylactic allergic reactions so if I was on it and had a reaction, I would die. So Tamoxifen was the only one I could take. If I didn't take it, I would be dead now.

The ONLY medication that made it possible for me to stay on Tamoxifen was medical marijuana. I tried all the anti nausea pills only to see them floating in my toilet after I vomited them back up.

No, medical marijuana didn't cure the cancer. Medical marijuana made it possible for me to be on the chemo to save my life.

Medical marijuana was one of the medications that saved my life and is the only reason why I'm alive today.

All I have to say to those who want to take it from people who need it so badly.

MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. If you don't want to use it for a medical condition you're perfectly free to not use it.

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DENY IT TO ANYONE ELSE. Especially in the states that legalized it.

All I have to say to everyone one of you selfish people. I hope you never have to fight for your life. I hope you never have to live with knowing it can return to kill you at anytime. I hope you never have to wake up in the middle of the night choking on vomit. I hope you never have to go through what millions of cancer patients like me have to endure just to stay alive.

I'm not a cruel and selfish person.

Unlike you.

:goodposting: :thankusmile:

Good for CBS.
Now we just need a public awareness campaign to inform people of the risks of pot to counter the pot lobby lies obfuscating the danger.
So which one do you work for ?
We are approaching the end of 2018, and legal Cannabis is rapidly taking off (Luxembourg, South Korea, Canada, Mexico, Massachusetts, the list goes on and on). Sadly, not everyone is happy about it. Let’s take a look at some of the biggest industries funding anti-cannabis lobby groups, and the unethical reasons why…

Big Tobacco
shutterstock_648823132.jpg

Big tobacco firms have had an interest in cannabis, both positive and negative, for decades. A study published in the Milbank Quarterly stated that:

Since at least the 1970s, tobacco companies have been interested in marijuana and marijuana legalization as both a potential and a rival product…Policymakers and public health advocates must be aware that the tobacco industry (is) prepared to enter the marijuana market with the intention of increasing its already widespread use.

A powerful industry like big tobacco can have immense lobbying power, and there are genuine concerns that tobacco companies are eyeing up cannabis as a potential legal investment. But tobacco companies are also still active in anti-cannabis lobby groups.

In Florida, a lobby group called Drug Free Florida has been campaigning hard to get state residents to vote against legalization of cannabis. Upon looking closer at the group, one of their principle lobbyists is a woman named Sarah Bascom, who is also a long-time and prominent lobbyist on behalf of the Dosal Tobacco Corp.

Jeff Sessions, the ex-Attorney General of the United States, received donations from the tobacco company R.J. Reynolds (maker of Camel cigarettes) that were so excessive that some of the money had to be returned! These donations helped him get elected to the Senate back in 1996, and there’s evidence that he acted as a shill for them – and against legal cannabis – consistently since then!

So why would tobacco companies lobby against cannabis if their ultimate aim is to profit from it themselves? Well, the answer may be right there in the question – they lobby against laws that would make it accessible to everyone, while also putting out feelers on how best to take it over themselves.

Like tobacco giant Philip Morris back in 1970, when they “applied for and (were) granted a special permit to grow, cultivate and make marijuana extracts“!

Big Alcohol
shutterstock_429977077.jpg