CBS News:Female cancer patient dropped from EMPLOYER BASED insurance due to Obamacare

The ACA has minimum quality requirements. Some employers are not providing those minimum requirements. Under the employer mandate, they will have to provide better insurance or stop insuring their employees and pay a penalty which will be used to subsidize the insurance their employees will get through the health insurance exchange.

The deadline for this mandate is the middle of next year.

The cancer lady has not had her insurance terminated yet. The topic title is a lie.

When the time comes, the cancer lady will be able to get insurance through an exchange even though she has pre-existing conditions. And her insurance will be subsidized by her employer under the ACA.

If the employer has less than 50 full time employees, then this is all moot.

Last edited:
The ACA has minimum quality requirements. Some employers are not providing those minimum requirements. Under the employer mandate, they will have to provide better insurance or stop insuring their employees and pay a penalty which will be used to subsidize the insurance their employee will get through the health insurance exchange.

The cancer lady has not had her insurance terminated yet. The topic title is a lie.

When the time comes, the cancer lady will be able to get insurance through an exchange even though she has pre-existing conditions.

I would love to know the details of this woman's current plan. Her employer does not have more than 49 employees...so the reason for her future termination is the shitty plan.

This lady will.....I predict.....be better off a year from now.

The ACA has minimum quality requirements. Some employers are not providing those minimum requirements. Under the employer mandate, they will have to provide better insurance or stop insuring their employees and pay a penalty which will be used to subsidize the insurance their employee will get through the health insurance exchange.

When the time comes, the cancer lady will be able to get insurance through an exchange even though she has pre-existing conditions.

I would love to know the details of this woman's current plan. Her employer does not have more than 49 employees...so the reason for her future termination is the shitty plan.

Probably. If a small company has an employee who comes down with a catastrophic illness, the insurance premiums for everyone in the company skyrockets. The employer saying everything was great until now is probably because she never had a really sick employee before now.

One of the key reasons for ObamaCare was to provide for people with pre-existing conditions and catastrophic illnesses so they could get affordable insurance. This was to be subsidized by the healthy and taxpayers.

Last edited:
You guys are reporting every little thing about making the sausage but the problem is that everyone likes the sausage

Interesting: On what facts so you base your opinion?

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

How about mine? My late spouse was on Empire Blue when he was diagnosed with cancer. It was really hard to find a doc and a hospital who wanted to take his case. We found an oncologist who had a medium-sized full clinic. His office manager said we were good to go. Heck I'll even give you the practice: Princeton Medical Group.

She or he or someone lied. Ten weeks in and $85,000 for half a dozen chemos and they decided they didn't want to take our insurance. So they sued us because we didn't write them a check.

Fast forward 3.5 years later. My late spouse lived longer than BCBS wanted and the bill was really big: $1,300,000.00. So trust me honey, the insurers "spread that around" to all their other policy holders. They want to retain the ability to rescind, cancel and deny.
What is happening now is the fall out from taking their ability away to ruin your financial future.

It's like Grayson said, the Republicans want you to "Die and die quickly".

Probably. If a small company has an employee who comes down with a catastrophic illness, the insurance premiums for everyone in the company skyrockets. The employer saying everything was great until now is probably because she never had a really sick employee before now.

One of the key reasons for ObamaCare was to provide for people with pre-existing conditions and catastrophic illnesses so they could get affordable insurance. This was to be subsidized by the healthy and taxpayers.

Forcing insurers to cover people with pre-existing conditions is one of the main reasons the new plans under Obamacare are so expensive.

You guys are reporting every little thing about making the sausage but the problem is that everyone likes the sausage

Interesting: On what facts so you base your opinion?

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

How about mine? My late spouse was on Empire Blue when he was diagnosed with cancer. It was really hard to find a doc and a hospital who wanted to take his case. We found an oncologist who had a medium-sized full clinic. His office manager said we were good to go. Heck I'll even give you the practice: Princeton Medical Group.

She or he or someone lied. Ten weeks in and $85,000 for half a dozen chemos and they decided they didn't want to take our insurance. So they sued us because we didn't write them a check.

Fast forward 3.5 years later. My late spouse lived longer than BCBS wanted and the bill was really big: $1,300,000.00. So trust me honey, the insurers "spread that around" to all their other policy holders. They want to retain the ability to rescind, cancel and deny.
What is happening now is the fall out from taking their ability away to ruin your financial future.

I don't believe a word of your story. Hospitals don't admit until they have already cleared your insurance. They can't change their minds after the fact.

This story does not have the odor of truth. Stay tuned for the usual revision.

Liberals don't trust it because they know if they were in the same position they would fabricate stories like that. The problem with being a sleaze bag is that you assume everyone else is just as sleazy as you.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

Forcing insurers to cover people with pre-existing conditions is one of the main reasons the new plans under Obamacare are so expensive.

Ayup. But a lot of that expense will be subsidized by loans from China. :D

The ACA has minimum quality requirements. Some employers are not providing those minimum requirements. Under the employer mandate, they will have to provide better insurance or stop insuring their employees and pay a penalty which will be used to subsidize the insurance their employees will get through the health insurance exchange.

Their "minimum quality requirements" mean paying for sex change operations, psychiatric care. Single men and couples over the child bearing age have to pay for maternity care, birth control and abortions.

In other words, it has nothing to do with "quality."

And the hits just keep on comin'.

The five million Americans who got dropped from their private, individual insurance plans due to Obamacare making those plans illegal, is NOTHING compared to the number who will soon start getting dropped from their EMPLOYER base plans.

And those are already starting. Just in time for the holidays.

Ho ho ho.

----------------------------------------------

Obamacare: Female Cancer Patient Dropped from Employer-Based Health Plan - Guy Benson

Obamacare: Female Cancer Patient Dropped from Employer-Based Health Plan
Guy Benson | Nov 25, 2013

Here's another anecdote for the White House to dismiss, just in time for the holidays. Via the Weekly Standard, meet Debra Fishericks:

This segment, which aired on a CBS News affiliate in Virginia, is unsparingly brutal for the White House. Fishericks is (a) fighting kidney cancer, (b) loves her soon-to-be-canceled employer-based coverage, (c) can't find an affordable policy on Obamacare's exchange that allows her to keep her doctors, and (d) tearfully frets that the new regime will be so punitive and expensive that she won't have enough money to visit her beloved grandchild. A genuine parade of horribles.

Fishericks' experience shreds four core promises of Obamacare: She can't keep her plan, she can't keep her doctor, she can't afford the new options, and she falls beyond the administration's "five percent" deception. She's one of the millions who will lose their group coverage status over the next few years. The Chicago Tribune's editorial board notices that Obamacare's roster of losers seems to grow by the day:

Chicago Tribune said:
If President Barack Obama and Democratic leaders think the outcry against Obamacare is fierce now, watch if millions more Americans get blindsided with the news that they'll be forced into these dysfunctional government online marketplaces.

Some will face higher premiums or higher deductibles, and they'll be required to share private medical and financial information on a website with a questionable security firewall, opening them to fraudsters, hackers and cyberchaos...

The full brunt of Obamacare's impact on Americans is still gathering. Every law creates winners and losers, but with this law so far, the losers are piling up.

I still don't think Democrats get the message yet. If these 5.5 million people who just lost their insurance--were getting better deals from the state Obamacare websites that are fully functional and working fine just now--there wouldn't be such outrage among Americans.

The point is people are quickly finding out that the "Affordable Care Act" aka Obamacare is NOT affordable because of all the mandates in it. Like everyone being forced to pay for maternity coverage, drug abuse and mental health--and whole list of other things that are required coverage under the mandates of Obamacare.

And that's the next shoe to drop--when and if the Federal Government's website ever starts working.

obamacare-ruling-iv.jpg

I don't believe a word of your story. Hospitals don't admit until they have already cleared your insurance. They can't change their minds after the fact.

I thought his late 'spouse' had ovarian cancer that last time he told this story.

:dunno:

And he accused BCBS of being 'cheap' when they spent LITERALLY one million dollars more than the average cost to treat ADVANCED ovarian cancer.

Pretty sure that's how I remember it last week. And, for an old fart, I have a pretty good memory

I think NPP is delusional. And I don't mean that as a cut or a sarcasm. I think the bitch is truly delusional. I mean, "Take your fucking meds" delusional.

Correction: From reports so far, pretty much NOBODY likes the sausage, either.

I would say pretty much everybody HATES the sausage. And the hate is growing both in amplitude and magnitude

dimocrap scum are telling us there will be more 'winners' than 'losers' when all is said and done.

Maybe. Maybe not.

But who is picking the winners and losers? THAT is the problem.

People who are going to be the 'losers' in this deal thought they had done the right thing. They bought the Insurance they wanted and could afford, they paid the premiums, they thought they were playing by the rules.

Then the lyingest cocksucker in the history of the office of president comes along and tells them, "Don't worry. If you like your plan, you can keep it. Period."

Of course, being a dimocrap scumbag -- He lied.

But the people who are getting screwed in this deal didn't know that at the time. They though they were doing the right thing. They thought they could keep their plans if they liked them.

When the President of The United States of America, steps up and says, "Blah, blah, PERIOD" you take him at his word.

But not if he's a dimocrap scumbag. NEVER trust a dimocrap. NEVER.

Now, the winners. Who are they? Who decides that they should be the winners in all this? Not me. Not the people who played by the rules, bought Insurance and paid for it and like it.

Who ARE these people?

Think about it. Think all 40 Million will sign up for obamacare?

This is the worst lie ever told by ANY president in American History people. Backed up by EVERY dimocrap scumbag in the House and Senate, every one of them, and the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM.

We were right all along. We. Us. Republicans. We told you what was going to happen and it did.

If it weren't for the knob-slurping, knee pad-wearing DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM, obama would be on his way to resigning right now.

The man is a scumbag. A total and complete scumbag. You just don't lie like that to the American People

And ANYBODY who sticks up for him is a scumbag.

Period

Obama' approval rating has tanked over Obamacare... more people are being dropped than are signing on...

The ACA is an abysmal failure and it is overwhelmingly being rejected.

But hey, keep telling yourself sausage stories...

:lol:

Yes his approval is own. Yes people are being dropped from their shitty plan BUT they will find another plan that's less shitty.

ACA rollout is a failure but everyone will eventually come to like it like they do Romneycare. You cant take Romneycare from those folks they love it

So these changes are going to happen when you create a program that's affecting 300 million people. The difference is you see problems as being the nail in the coffin and others see problems as room for changes and adjustments.

The game aint even started and you've determined it over :lol: That's what you do so its no surprise

Forum List

Back