Not kidding: Official talking points to sell Obamacare to relatives over Thanksgiving

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
:lol: Aye carumba! When I first heard about this I thought this has got to be something dreamed up by the Onion.

Alas. This is for real. From the Atlantic Monthly who sourced the article at "Healthcare for the Holidays".

Barack Obama's Recipe for Heated Holiday Gatherings
The president is urging families to talk about health insurance when they get together this year. What could go wrong?

Here's part of the deal.

8ffec98db.png

And these are swell tips :lmao:

30d827033.png

Here's your real deal links.:eusa_angel:

Barack Obama's Recipe for Heated Holiday Gatherings - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic

It's time to have the talk

Not surprised. I'm sure teachers have their marching orders as well and are probably doing their best to indoctrinate the students.

I'm surprised they haven't added subliminal ads in cartoons and sitcoms.

Desperation is causing them to do some pretty messed up things. Hijacking holidays is really low. I only like the turkey we eat, not the one Obama is forcing people to purchase under threat of fines.

Can you imagine someone trying to take the remote control away from their dad or uncle or grandfather and saying...."healthcare is more important than football; we have to talk".

:lol:

Wait....I noticed some missing points...

* If your premiums go up, tell them it is for a good cause.
* Be especially firm with young relatives, use force if necessary.
* Tell them to get on a small carpet or mat each morning, face Washington DC and spend 10 to 15 giving thanks to our leader.

Not surprised. I'm sure teachers have their marching orders as well and are probably doing their best to indoctrinate the students.

Desperation is causing them to do some pretty messed up things. Hijacking holidays is really low. I only like the turkey we eat, not the one Obama is forcing people to purchase under threat of fines.

If they have added subliminal messages how would we know?

I did find myself roaming the halls of my apartment building this morning talking to people I don't know after watching some TV....

I was saying over and over...If you like your health care plans you can keep it but better coverage is available just go to the web site...

They finally called the building super to talk to me because most of the people in my building are Russian and they had no idea what I was talking about....

I did hear them say Nyet a lot though...

Can you imagine someone trying to take the remote control away from their dad or uncle or grandfather and saying...."healthcare is more important than football; we have to talk".

:lol:

I'm trying to imagine having enough time and money to celebrate a holiday.

How do you know they haven't?

Forum List

Back