CBO: Biden $15 An Hour Minimum Wage Will Cost 1.4 Million American Jobs

Think of how many jobs could be created if they didn't have to pay the help at all!
without the help (racist fucking comment but you are allowed to say it...I get it)....they would be nothing at all.

Smart employers show financial appreciation and respect for the help (racist fucking comment but you are allowed it say it...I get it).

True story.

Politics do often make strange bedfellows. For example, Liberals hate corporations, and often blame them for putting 'mom & pop shops' out of business. On the other hand however, Liberals are in favor of Government stepping in and artificially raising the cost of labor, which ravages the same 'mom & pop shops' who are less capable of absorbing this distortion in the market process.

So in reality, Liberals are in FAVOR of government stepping in to assist corporations in driving small businesses OUT of business.

Not all liberals are idiots, but... wait, yeah they are.

CBO: Biden’s $15 Minimum Wage Would
Result in a Loss of 1.4 Million Jobs

Why Do This? Because the Democrats know what's best for you...and because they CAN.

CBO: Biden's $15 Minimum Wage Would Result in a Loss of 1.4 Million Jobs
Only in the short term. Unemployment compensation could be improved to better pick up the slack and automatically stabilize our economy. In the long run, higher paid labor creates more in demand and generates more in tax revenue.
Where do you think the money for unemployment comes from?
It should be coming from general taxes not direct taxes. Anyone receiving unemployment compensation can pay general taxes.
Unemployment compensation is primarily funded by businesses.
Who owns those businesses? American citizens....the owners whose business took a hit from the mandated $15 an hour wage increase, owners who try to suceed IN SPITE OF a government that takes, imposes, and destroys small businesses, as proven by the Democrats.
I started paying help over fifteen an hour last year.
What sort of jobs does your "help" do?

Kroger will shut two California stores to avoid offering workers "hazard pay"

Kroger is closing two stores in California rather than pay grocery workers an extra four dollars an hour for working at the nation's largest supermarket chain during the coronavirus pandemic. The company blamed a decision by local officials who recently approved a temporary wage increase for some supermarket employees.

Kroger said it will close the stores, a Ralphs and a Food 4 Less, in April because of the law, passed in January by the Long Beach city council. With a handful of cities across California weighing whether to mandate "hazard pay" for grocery workers, Kroger also warned that it could shut more stores.

Long Beach last month became the first city in California to approve a hazard pay ordinance, with the law requiring grocery stores with at least 300 workers nationwide and more than 15 employees within Long Beach to pay an extra $4 an hour for a 120-day period.

Kroger has benefitted from frozen wages for 12 years
The also benefitted from a 40 percent cut in corporate taxes

But they claim they will go bankrupt if they have to pay their workers to risk their lives
50+ years ago when a teen and working my first jobs, they were in grocery stores so don't know that is a risk their lives situation, it wasn't back then.

This was in a community where logging was still a major employer and setting chockers was a lot riskier and more a real hazard. Similar to the military in ways.

BTW, didn't see proof in your article on the frozen wage and tax cuts claims.

Kroger is closing two stores in California rather than pay grocery workers an extra four dollars an hour for working at the nation's largest supermarket chain during the coronavirus pandemic. The company blamed a decision by local officials who recently approved a temporary wage increase for some supermarket employees.

Kroger said it will close the stores, a Ralphs and a Food 4 Less, in April because of the law, passed in January by the Long Beach city council. With a handful of cities across California weighing whether to mandate "hazard pay" for grocery workers, Kroger also warned that it could shut more stores.

Long Beach last month became the first city in California to approve a hazard pay ordinance, with the law requiring grocery stores with at least 300 workers nationwide and more than 15 employees within Long Beach to pay an extra $4 an hour for a 120-day period.

But they claim they will go bankrupt if they have to pay their workers to risk their lives
50+ years ago when a teen and working my first jobs, they were in grocery stores so don't know that is a risk their lives situation, it wasn't back then.

This was in a community where logging was still a major employer and setting chockers was a lot riskier and more a real hazard. Similar to the military in ways.

The canned good pricing gn was a dangerous item. Especially when we would see who could price a case of peas in record time.
I used to go home with price tags all over my hands.

But one week I was the champ!

The canned good pricing gn was a dangerous item. Especially when we would see who could price a case of peas in record time.
I used to go home with price tags all over my hands.

But one week I was the champ!
That was a bit after my time. I'm from the era of that gizmo where it was a rolling head against an ink pad, and we stamped the prices in ink on the cans and boxes. Also had to do the cash register with keys to punch, so there was a place for trying to get your speed up. Barcode scanning is easy compared to my day.

Think of how many jobs could be created if they didn't have to pay the help at all!

Think of the awesomeness if everyone made $1 million/yr.
Prices would rise accordingly.
Your typical two bedroom apartment would rent for about $50,000/month.
That Big Mac would cost about $75.
Your annual taxes, local-state-federal would be about $400,000/yr.
Etc.-Etc.-Etc.

Yeah, that is what they said about a seven dollar an hour min wage.
[/QUOTE

Either way the problem is making it federal. Same minimum wage weather you work in NYC or lowcostville Idaho. COL is too regionally sensitive for the feds to make a minimum wage and they should mind their own business. Also opening the gates to mexico will add labor supply WHILE decreasing jobs through minimum wage and all the closed mom and pop shops. Small business is under assualt.

Politics do often make strange bedfellows. For example, Liberals hate corporations, and often blame them for putting 'mom & pop shops' out of business. On the other hand however, Liberals are in favor of Government stepping in and artificially raising the cost of labor, which ravages the same 'mom & pop shops' who are less capable of absorbing this distortion in the market process.

So in reality, Liberals are in FAVOR of government stepping in to assist corporations in driving small businesses OUT of business.

Mom and pop shops are not the entities that benefit from ultra low wages.

That's fast food joints and at packing plants

Yea and a gain of 30 million good jobs
Yea, those 11,000 oil workers are waiting for those Solar Panel / Green jobs Joe promised....any day now.

Wow. Such backward ignorant thinking.

Fossil Fuel Air Pollution Linked To 1 In 5 Deaths Worldwide, New Harvard Study Finds
The research will likely amplify calls to rapidly transition off of oil, gas and coal for reasons beyond curbing climate change.

No wonder you attack education. It says your gas oil and coal jobs are destroying the planet.

Now tell me about how you greedy ignorant bastards also think life is precious.

Yeah, that is what they said about a seven dollar an hour min wage.

Link?
You guys say this every time we raise the minimum wage.

And you say it’ll raise inflation. Well then the mw needs to go up and down with inflation

You guys say this every time we raise the minimum wage.

The last time the minimum wage was raised I said it would cost 1.4 million jobs?

I don't believe you.
I think you know what we mean. Are you new to politics? We aren't. We've been debating this stuff for decades. That argument is the lame old argument you've made in the past against raising minimum wage. It's going to cost jobs. Gosh when was that the 2000's or 2010's. I can't remember but I remember the argument. It's one issue you guys haven't flip flopped on yet. If Trump would have been for a minimum wage increase you'd be for it that's for sure.

Mom and pop shops are not the entities that benefit from ultra low wages.

That's fast food joints and at packing plants
And I'll keep repeating this. We need to raid those packing plants and jail all the illegal employers. They'll hire illegals rather than pay the new wages.

This is why I never believed Trump was sincere about fixing our illegal worker problem. If he won't go after the employers don't bother building a wall or playing wackamole with the workers. It wasn't until July 2019 that Trump let all his illegal workers go. A story was going to come out about how he was an illegal employer so to get ahead of the story he publically stopped hiring illegals.

Funny too because Republicans always defend the illegal employers and say they were given fake id's. But notice Trump knew he was employing illegal workers. It wasn't hard for someone to find out. They were going to report on it so he had to let his illegals go, PUBLICALLY. That doesn't mean he doesn't still have illegals working for him of course.

Why Do This? Because the Democrats know what's best for you...and because they CAN.

Same old argument raised every time there is a proposal to raise the minimum wage.The first time the 'we will lose jobs if the minimum wage is raised' argument was used was in 1938..when FDR got the wage raised to .25 cents an hour.

Since I am a Boomer I will use this statement:

"China Joe is fucking up like Hogan's Goat!"

Same old argument raised every time there is a proposal to raise the minimum wage.The first time the 'we will lose jobs if the minimum wage is raised' argument was used was in 1938..when FDR got the wage raised to .25 cents an hour.
toddsterpatriot thinks this is a new argument that he just thought up for the first time.

If businesses can operate without those 1.4 million workers, doesn’t that suggest that they weren’t needed to begin with?

Baby boomers ruined this country. They had it all and then told us we could no longer have it all. Pensions, high paying jobs, job security, social security, medicare, affordable school, 10% interest on your savings accounts. It was the best time in America. Now you old fucks are retired at age 62-65 and you're telling us we have to work till 67 and can't have pensions and we need to cut social security and medicare, but not for old people like you.

The greatest generation gave you the greatest life. Then you fucked it all up for us younger Americans. That makes you the worst generation.

Yup. And it never seems to happen

Baby boomers ruined this country. They had it all and then told us we could no longer have it all. Pensions, high paying jobs, job security, social security, medicare, affordable school, 10% interest on your savings accounts. It was the best time in America. Now you old fucks are retired at age 62-65 and you're telling us we have to work till 67 and can't have pensions and we need to cut social security and medicare, but not for old people like you.

The greatest generation gave you the greatest life. Then you fucked it all up for us younger Americans. That makes you the worst generation.

So you are a "Generation Bigot". Typical for a stupid hate filled uneducated Moon Bat.

Forum List

Back