Zone1 Catholics do NOT believe that their good works are what saves them! Another myth Protestants believe

The Church Christ founded teaches otherwise.

I know I won't convince you because Protestants are hard-headed... or.. oops, maybe just set in their ways.

It does? The Bible simply says that she was blessed. There is nothing she can do for you. Christ is all you need. I don't care about Catholic Traditions, they mean nothing.

The Bible specifically speaks of us being judged in the End

according to our good deeds.
Yes! and here are some of the verses that back up good works. They don't do the saving but they are required of us.

Romans 2:5-7
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Revelation 20:12-13
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Titus 3:8
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Matthew 5:16
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

1 Timothy 5:9-10
9 Let not a widow be taken into the number under threescore years old, having been the wife of one man,
10 Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints’ feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.

Titus 2:6-8
6 Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

Galatians 6:9
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

1 Timothy 6:18
18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

2 Timothy 3:17
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Romans 2:10
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Hebrews 10:24
24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

2 Corinthians 9:8
8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Colossians 1:10
10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

2 Timothy 2:21
21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.

Ephesians 2:10
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

It does? The Bible simply says that she was blessed. There is nothing she can do for you. Christ is all you need. I don't care about Catholic Traditions, they mean nothing.
Luke Chapter 1 notes that Mary was filled with grace. Grace is a gift from God, and one filled with God's gift of grace is said to be without sin. Mary, like all other Christians both living and those who have passed on, are capable of prayer, and prayer is possible, especially when two or more pray together.

Luke Chapter 1 notes that Mary was filled with grace. Grace is a gift from God, and one filled with God's gift of grace is said to be without sin. Mary, like all other Christians both living and those who have passed on, are capable of prayer, and prayer is possible, especially when two or more pray together.

Mary is no longer on Earth, there is no reason to pray to a departed soul when on can simply to the Lord. We're all filled with Grace when we are saved.

You forgot something

you don't care about Catholic Traditions, even if they are from a Church Christ himself established on Earth

that's what you are saying.

The devil loves this anti-Catholic stuff

Mary is no longer on Earth, there is no reason to pray to a departed soul when on can simply to the Lord. We're all filled with Grace when we are saved.
says who?

you? And who are you that we would listen to you rather than Christ's Church?

We're all filled with Grace when we are saved.
Saved from what exactly?

We probably see salvation much differently.

Catholic teaching is Redemption (Christ restored the right relationship between God and mankind.) Salvation is the process of God's grace touching the sinner's heart and calling him/her to repentance and right actions. It is our choice whether to receive God's grace and to act upon it (right acts) thus welcoming sanctification into our being.

No one (other than Mary) has been filled with grace to the point they no longer sin and are totally without sin. We are continually touched by grace, we act upon it, and grace grows within us. (Recall mentioning each should work out salvation with fear and trembling.) "Saved" has been explained to me as a "once and done" process. The Salvation process (if you will), is a journey. Think of Paul talking about how he fought the good fight and finished the race.

No one (other than Mary) has been filled with grace to the point they no longer sin and are totally without sin.
Mary was conceived without original sin (though conceived in the normal way) so i don't get why a professed Cahtolic would imply otherwise, unless you are a cafeteria Catholic

Then there is this: the saints also were filled with grace and gave up all sin

Mary was conceived without original sin (though conceived in the normal way) so i don't get why a professed Cahtolic would imply otherwise, unless you are a cafeteria Catholic

Then there is this: the saints also were filled with grace and gave up all sin
Where in the Bible does it tell us that Mary was conceived without original sin?

Where in the Bible does it tell us that Mary was conceived without original sin?
Filled with grace...no sin. In her appearance to Bernadette at Lourdes, she identified herself as the Immaculate Conception.

The Church teaches that... you know, the Church Christ founded, the one Protestants are 500 years removed from (and most choose to remain so)

then may be you need to be more careful w/ your words... edit more often
I was not talking to you about the Immaculate Conception. I was speaking to another poster about why Mary is regarded without sin, being filled with grace.

From there you jumped to your own inference--and about another topic, no less. And you want me to consider editing? Not happening.

I was not talking to you about the Immaculate Conception. I was speaking to another poster about why Mary is regarded without sin, being filled with grace.

From there you jumped to your own inference--and about another topic, no less. And you want me to consider editing? Not happening.
I'm sure it won't happen

I detect a fragile ego

The Church teaches that... you know, the Church Christ founded, the one Protestants are 500 years removed from (and most choose to remain so)
So the Catholic church made up this doctrine outside the teachings of the Bible? Was it a revelation from God?

So the Catholic church made up this doctrine outside the teachings of the Bible? Was it a revelation from God?
If you question teachings that are not explicitly in the Bible

then you logically must question how the various Books were chosen to be in the Bible in the 1st place

which means you question the Church that chose those books (we knew that)

which means you have to throw out not only the Church Christ founded but all Protestant "churches" as well--as all the former derived from the latter

Forum List

Back