Zone1 Catholics do NOT believe that their good works are what saves them! Another myth Protestants believe

I could be wrong but I believe that TRUE Catholic teaching has always been that she was assumed alive into Heaven.
I am not sure the Roman Catholic Church addresses that specifically...only that having completed her earthly life, she was assumed into heaven. The Eastern Orthodox Catholic Church does state specifically she died and then was assumed into heaven.

Protestants get Catholicism WRONG more often than not (understatement).

Catholics say that works are not what saves you. Nevertheless, you cannot get to Heaven without doing good works for Christ and the furtherance of His Kingdom on Earth

Catholicism teaches (or did until Francis the heretic came along) that it is GRACE that saves, grace that comes from Jesus Christ (Father, Son and Holy Spirit).

Doing good works in and with and through Christ brings... what?

GRACE

Not doing good works for the furtherance of the Kingdom brings what...

lack of grace... sins indulged in to the point you don't care about your soul much or anyone else's
It is One God, One Faith, One Baptism. Good works are not a part of it. Good works are often the fruit of the saints. A baby for example is not condemned for lack of good works.

because everything about Jesus can be shoved into a small book

:rolleyes:

No, actually the Bible says that if everything Jesus did and said were to be written down, it is doubtful the whole world could contain all the books.

The Church came before the Bible (New T) as we know it (and decided which Books would be therein). No one had a personal Bible until after the printing press was invented, 1440. So I guess there were no Christians before then, no Church (!!) according to you know it all protesters
you are assuming, nothing more- i think being sinless would be pretty important! What part of ALL HAVE SINNED did you miss? Did it say all but Mary? you guys love adding (man mad tradition) the catechism to the bible!. THAT IS WRONG AND ALL RCC WILL HAVE TO ANSWER TO GOD FOR THAT.

The following list give a summation of what we have been trying to emphasize. If the Bible is a Catholic book,

• 1. Why does it condemn clerical dress? (Matt. 23:5-6).
  • 2. Why does it teach against the adoration of Mary? (Luke 11:27-28).
  • 3. Why does it show that all Christians are priests? (1 Pet. 2:5,9).
  • 4. Why does it condemn the observance of special days? (Gal. 4:9-11).
  • 5. Why does it teach that all Christians are saints? (1 Cor. 1:2).
  • 6. Why does it condemn the making and adoration of images? (Ex. 20:4-5).
  • 7. Why does it teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring? (Col. 2:12).
  • 8. Why does it forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"? (Matt. 23:9).
  • 9. Why does it teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter? (1 Cor. 3:11).
  • 10. Why does it teach that there is one mediator instead of many? (1 Tim. 2:5).
  • 11. Why does it teach that a bishop must be a married man? (1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
  • 12. Why is it opposed to the primacy of Peter? (Luke 22:24-27).
  • 13. Why does it oppose the idea of purgatory? (Luke 16:26).
  • 14. Why is it completely silent about infant baptism, instrumental music in worship, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?

IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT THE CHURCH SAYS- IT HAS TO BE IN THE BIBLE.
Mary died, and the tradition established, long before the Bible. Paul did not know Mary. Luke (tradition has it) did. Luke noted her status of complete grace. It is in the Bible for those who have eyes to see.

It has always amazed me how important--how vital--it is for non-Catholic Christians to believe that Mary sinned. Why is that?

mary was sinless, they knew perfectly well how they felt and had no shame for what they did and were blessed by the heavens.
Romans 3:23 teaches that all have sinned and fall short of God’s glory, and there is nothing in the Bible to suggest that Mary was an exception to this rule.

why is mary the lead character in the opening scene for the 1st century heavenly events - obviously that alludes you.

moses was a murderer - where are their tablets etched in the heavens w/ 10 commandments - they were also a liar ...

those false commandments, forgeries and fallacies written in the desert religions are used to persecute and victimize the innocent, mary - disavows them for authenticity as representative of the true heavenly religion of antiquity and the c-bible for its misrepresentation for why those people died during that time, liberation theology, self determination the reason for why jesus was crucified ...

they did not believe in slavery. nor unjust moral laws.

you're clueless.

Have you ever watched children play? Most of the time they are cute but then once one ofr them gets the notion that another child is.. fill in the blanks: stealing his toys or whatever, dude has a caniption and may start hitting the kid, not caring whether he hurts him or not. In other words, you can tell there is evil "built in" from the time of birth. Of course children under the age of about 7 cannot be held accountable.. just kids. But all hell breaks out whne they get older.

Don't tell me there is no original sin

there is evil "built in" from the time of birth.

there is no such anomaly as original sin, primarily christian c-bible is simply a prelude to their equally false worship of a messiah and religion of servitude ...

evil exists before birth and will never be put in a bottle - each individual, very few have must eradicate evil to merit admission to the everlasting.

I am not sure the Roman Catholic Church addresses that specifically...only that having completed her earthly life, she was assumed into heaven. The Eastern Orthodox Catholic Church does state specifically she died and then was assumed into heaven.
I don't care what a false religion teaches

And I don't htink it matters whether she died or not, but Iguess it matters to some

there is no such anomaly as original sin, primarily christian c-bible is simply a prelude to their equally false worship of a messiah and religion of servitude ...

evil exists before birth and will never be put in a bottle - each individual, very few have must eradicate evil to merit admission to the everlasting.

well, at least I understood the first sentence! Progress?

And yes there is original sin. No one is born pure and holy, although children are innocent until they reach the age of reason.

You have been brainwashed by the anti-Catholic society surrounding you (and eveyrone else)

It is One God, One Faith, One Baptism. Good works are not a part of it. Good works are often the fruit of the saints. A baby for example is not condemned for lack of good works.
Little children are alive in Christ and if they suffer death before the age of accountability, they are saved in the kingdom of heaven. Children are only held accountable after becoming capable of knowing good from evil and understanding it and then choosing evil. Good works are required of all true followers of Jesus Christ. They are not what saves us but they are required. See the many verses in post #63 that teach this basic principle.

nomadic5, Do you consider favor from Christ as everything coming up roses for you?
Could it be he favored you enough to pay for all of your sins culminating in His death to give you direct access to you Father and Heaven?
um... assuming I precisely understand your question or point, I will say this:

The greatest thing to have in this life is the knowledge that Jesus has saved you and if you continue to be IN Him until your death, you at least have a chance to be in Heaven some day. You may have to be in Purgatory awhile but oh well. Jesus said He would never leave us or forsake us (no matter where we find ourselves, presumably). Of course, if we sin egregiously, we will be leaving Him and that's different.

Mary died, and the tradition established, long before the Bible. Paul did not know Mary. Luke (tradition has it) did. Luke noted her status of complete grace. It is in the Bible for those who have eyes to see.

It has always amazed me how important--how vital--it is for non-Catholic Christians to believe that Mary sinned. Why is that?
What biblical proof do you have she didnt sin? I'll believe what God said over the corrupt satanic rcc leading billions to hell.

um... assuming I precisely understand your question or point, I will say this:

The greatest thing to have in this life is the knowledge that Jesus has saved you and if you continue to be IN Him until your death, you at least have a chance to be in Heaven some day. You may have to be in Purgatory awhile but oh well. Jesus said He would never leave us or forsake us (no matter where we find ourselves, presumably). Of course, if we sin egregiously, we will be leaving Him and that's different.
there is no purgatory, its heaven or hell. period.

. A baby for example is not condemned for lack of good works.
oh brother... like I said otherwise.

Protestants remind me of liberals. And a lot of Sede Catholics would call them liberals regardless of how they vote. Protestantism is a religion wanting to be "liberated" from the constraints of true Christianity aka Catholicism

Forum List

Back