Catholic School refuses to accept son of lesbians

It's not hypocritical because they don't pick and choose which children of homosexuals they allow to attend. They don't allow any.

I would point out that the child of lesbians has committed no sin.

And I would point out that the Church is not excluding him because he has 'sinned'. Some priests choose not to admit the child of homosexual parents IN THE BEST INTERESTS of the child. Because the Church teaches that homosexuality is a sin.... If I were a homosexual parent, I would not choose to send my child to a school where he is likely to learn that being homosexual is a sin.

Personally, I am at a loss as to why any gay parent would want to expose their child to that.

I'm with you. I would try and set my kid up to have positive experiences of love and acceptance not hate, rejection and intolerance.

so you going to refute the hyprocrisy of enforcing some rules and not the others while preaching both? or will you stick your fallacies?

Notice how Cessy doesn't actually explain how this isn't hypocritical, just insults.

It's not hypocritical because they don't pick and choose which children of homosexuals they allow to attend. They don't allow any.

"The Archdiocese of Boston said yesterday that it would help find a new Catholic school for a boy who was barred from a Catholic elementary school in Hingham because his parents are lesbians.

Leading fund-raisers for Catholic schools in Boston, meanwhile, strongly disavowed the decision by officials of St. Paul Elementary School to revoke the offer of admission to a new third-grade pupil after learning of his parents’ relationship."

Archdiocese to help banned student - The Boston Globe

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Notice how Cessy doesn't actually explain how this isn't hypocritical, just insults.

"The Archdiocese of Boston said yesterday that it would help find a new Catholic school for a boy who was barred from a Catholic elementary school in Hingham because his parents are lesbians.

Leading fund-raisers for Catholic schools in Boston, meanwhile, strongly disavowed the decision by officials of St. Paul Elementary School to revoke the offer of admission to a new third-grade pupil after learning of his parents’ relationship."

Like I said, the St Paul's Elementary school is being consistent. :eusa_whistle:

this is happening in my home town. i know and like the couple involved, but i don't understand why anyone would want to send their child to a school that is in opposition to their beliefs. i think the school is well within their rights not to accept the boy, although i think their position is wrong on its face. your thoughts?

Catholic school refuses to accept son of lesbians - BostonHerald.com

"A Hingham Catholic school has withdrawn its acceptance of an 8-year-old boy with lesbian parents, saying their relationship is “in discord” with church teachings, according to one of the boys’ mothers."

I am planning on sending my son to catholic school for preschool and kindergarten, and he goes to a christian day care now. I am neither catholic or christian.
The catholic school that I will be sending him to, has a very good teacher who deals well with children with disablities.
And just because you are lesbian, doesn't mean you can't be catholic.

It can be tricky to be a practicing lesbian and a Catholic, but I have a friend who is gay and Catholic.... She's never had a problem with the Church.

And.... I think it's a wise move for you to send your son to a Catholic school. They are great schools generally.

this is happening in my home town. i know and like the couple involved, but i don't understand why anyone would want to send their child to a school that is in opposition to their beliefs. i think the school is well within their rights not to accept the boy, although i think their position is wrong on its face. your thoughts?

"A Hingham Catholic school has withdrawn its acceptance of an 8-year-old boy with lesbian parents, saying their relationship is “in discord” with church teachings, according to one of the boys’ mothers."

I am planning on sending my son to catholic school for preschool and kindergarten, and he goes to a christian day care now. I am neither catholic or christian.
The catholic school that I will be sending him to, has a very good teacher who deals well with children with disablities.

It can be tricky to be a practicing lesbian and a Catholic, but I have a friend who is gay and Catholic.... She's never had a problem with the Church.

And.... I think it's a wise move for you to send your son to a Catholic school. They are great schools generally.

Catholic schools are great academically.

I would point out that the child of lesbians has committed no sin.

I'm surprised to see you imply that homosexuality is a sin.

Catholics think that homosexuality is a sin. I don't. That's why I would keep my kid away from intolerant catholics.

How wise. Keep your kid away from intolerance.... that way he or she will learn fuck all about how to deal with intolerance. Excellent move. Teach him or her that there is no intolerance.... or, better yet, teach him or her to 'hate' Catholics. That'll help society lots. Good for you.

FYI: I'm Catholic. I have no problem with homosexuals. Nor do most other Catholics I know. It is a Church doctrine - that is not going to change.... Happily, most Catholics are quite normal people and very accepting of others. Hell, we even tolerate NON CATHOLICS! We even allow them into our Churches! It's an outrage! :eusa_angel:

Catholic schools are great academically.

I know. I went to one.

Like I said, the St Paul's Elementary school is being consistent. :eusa_whistle:

it's quite kerryesque how they admitted him before they *unadmitted* him.

and then some.

I'm surprised to see you imply that homosexuality is a sin.

Catholics think that homosexuality is a sin. I don't. That's why I would keep my kid away from intolerant catholics.

How wise. Keep your kid away from intolerance.... that way he or she will learn fuck all about how to deal with intolerance. Excellent move. Teach him or her that there is no intolerance.... or, better yet, teach him or her to 'hate' Catholics. That'll help society lots. Good for you.

FYI: I'm Catholic. I have no problem with homosexuals. Nor do most other Catholics I know. It is a Church doctrine - that is not going to change.... Happily, most Catholics are quite normal people and very accepting of others. Hell, we even tolerate NON CATHOLICS! We even allow them into our Churches! It's an outrage! :eusa_angel:

Teach your child that he was rejected from this catholic school because of intolerance. Tell him the church damn's his parents to a hell for all eternity because they love each other and him.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Is it just me or does "Sons of Lesbians" sound like a band or some secret society?

After the great war to end all wars the earth and all it's people were on thier knees. Who would we turn to? Who would bring this broken planet back from the brink....? The sons of legend...The Sons of Lesbians...

Teach your child that he was rejected from this catholic school because of intolerance. Tell him the church damn's his parents to a hell for all eternity because they love each other and him.

why would you lie to a child?

The church rejected this child because he has lesbian parents. That's the truth. The church rejects homosexuals and condemns them to hell as sinners. The boy who was rejected has committed no sin even by church standards.

Last edited:

The church rejected this child because he has lesbian parents. That's the truth. The church rejects homosexuals and condemns them to hell as sinners.

no, the pastor of the parish rejected the child, not *the church*. the church is placing the child in a different school. the church hierarchy tried to get the pastor at st paul's to reverse his decision. have you availed yourelf of any of the facts here?

you must have hamstrings of steel to knee jerk as hard as you do.

The church rejected this child because he has lesbian parents. That's the truth. The church rejects homosexuals and condemns them to hell as sinners.

no, the pastor of the parish rejected the child, not *the church*. the church is placing the child in a different school. the church hierarchy tried to get the pastor at st paul's to reverse his decision. have you availed yourelf of any of the facts here?

Thanks for the new information. Sounds like the church is more tolerant than this individual pastor. It's too bad this boy is not being evaluated on his own merit instead of this identity as 'son of lesbians'.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del

Thanks for the new information. Sounds like the church is more tolerant than this individual pastor.

you're welcome.

the pastor is true to his beliefs, which i can admire while disagreeing with what he believes.

You're right. It is left to individual schools to accept or reject. When they reject a child, it is not because they view the child as a sinner, it is because they feel the child would be better off not learning that his/her parents are committing a sin. That can weigh heavily on a child.... being taught one thing at school and another at home. It adds an unnecessary burden to an impressionable mind. Personally, I prefer to for those kids not to be excluded but for them to be helped to understand BOTH the Churches position AND that of society. Many, many Catholic schools do just that. We are not a Dark Ages Church.

Thanks for the new information. Sounds like the church is more tolerant than this individual pastor.

you're welcome.

the pastor is true to his beliefs, which i can admire while disagreeing with what he believes.

I don't admire the pastor's rigidity and narrow mindednesss. I admire open hearts, wisdom, equanimity and tolerance.

Last edited:

Parochial schools are not completely private. Most get substantial government support. They are exempt from all tax, from property tax to sales taxes on school supplies. Back in the day, the government supplied parochial school students with bus transportation, text books, etc. I suppose things have changed but I also suppose there is still a comingling of funds.

In many Northern cities, the parochial school system shadows the public school system, which has collapsed. If you'd like your child to learn to read and write in a measure of safety, you have no other choice -- he has to attend parochial school. I suppose one could argue that this renders parochial schools quasi-public and thus, anti-discrimination laws applicable to public schools should also apply to them. But frankly, I doubt that's a winning argument. I wish it was, but I really doubt it.

I went to a parochial school until I was 14, and my brother attended one all through high school. There were always a handful of non-Catholics. Excused from Religious Instruction, these kidlets nonetheless learned their long division and how to diagram a sentence. Most were Jews; a few were Protestants. If all non-Catholics are going to Hell, then why were we allowed to mingle with these kidlets? And if having one's immortal soul in jeaprady isn't a good enough reason to turn a kidlet away, then WTF is the reasoning for turning away a child for the sexual orientation of his parents? Catholics don't believe that the sins of the father blah blah blah. Theologically, this decision to turn away the kidlets of GLBT people is ridiculous. I'm not even sure if we were taught homosexuality is a sin. I can't remember it ever even coming up, to be honest. If this kidlet is slated for Heaven according to Catholic dogma, why turn him away but admit non-Catholics who are damned? The dishonesty and hypocrisy of this diocese just sickens me.

It is very appealing to simply say "The Catholics are a private religious outfit, and can discriminate as they see fit." Of course, this is the very SAME religious outfit that has been sheltering pedophilies and supplying kid victims to them for nigh on a century now, so one wonders why they think they have a moral leg to stand on, but still they have rights. Even these criminals have rights. (I had to hold my nose to write that.)

I just wonder how the fuck sexual hatred is a moral value? How can ANYONE go on attending Mass and tithing as if NONE of this has happened? If the Catholic heirarchy is free to discriminate against the children of GLBT people, then I urge the people of this diocese to pull their kidlets out of parochial school. Form a magnet school. Get away from these haters and predators.

A Pox on the Catholic Church...but alas, I have to admit, they (almost certainly) have the legal right to be hateful.

Morally, however, they could not be MORE wrong.

Forum List

Back