Chicago Teachers Union boss who denounced school choice as racist has son in Catholic school

Always an equivocation by the LEFT when they get busted acting this way...

Do Dems care about educating poor kids ?

A: but Trump.....

Do Dems care about their own kids by not poor kids?

A: but the Republicans....

The one thing they can never argue is that the Dems are actually good for something other than enabling government "employees" to steal our money, because they aren't...
Great post. Thanks.

• Thanks
Reactions: EMH
Schools are number one in the world in spending, then why do they need to spend more? The teacher is smart for getting the best education for her kid, I am glad on her measly pay she can afford to send her kid to private school, most Americans can’t afford a private school.
The US spends more per student than any other country, and the only things kids are taught are how to change their pronouns, get an abortion, or be a homo

She probably enrolled her kid at De La Salle, which is an elite HS in Chicago. The school has given the city no less than four mayors. (I also graduated from DLS, as did both of my brothers).

Some points.

She needs to resign. It's bad optics.

That said, enrolling your kid in a private school doesn't mean that vouchers still aren't a terrible idea.

Vouchers didn't fix the public housing crisis; they just made it worse. True, we tore down the public housing projects, which were terrible places. But giving people vouchers didn't help because they came with government oversight the landlords didn't want when they could just rent to people who have cash on the barrel.

The same thing with School Vouchers. De La Salle isn't going to expel a bunch of students whose families can pay (often with parents who are alumni), to admit a bunch of public school kids with vouchers who come with their own problems.
I am glad she is wanting her kids to get a good education. I don't care if she resigns or not, doing what is in the best interests of her children is the right thing to do.

File this one under Liberal Hypocrisy

Chicago Teachers Union boss who denounced school choice as racist has son in Catholic school: report

CTU President Stacy Davis Gates has voiced strong opposition to private education and school choice in the past

The president of the Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) is facing backlash after it was recently revealed that she had enrolled her eldest child in a private school.

Stacy Davis Gates – who was elected president of CTU in 2022 and also serves as executive vice president of the Illinois Federation of Teachers – placed her teenage son in a Catholic high school located in Chicago's South Side, according to a report by NBC Chicago.

The report, which cited multiple sources and Davis Gates' own social media posts as confirmation of the enrollment, did not specify the name of Davis Gates' child or the school he had been enrolled in.

Davis Gates said last year that having her children in public schools helps to "legitimize" her position within the union and that she could not advocate on behalf of public schools if that were not the case, according to NBC Chicago.

Picture of a degenerate Democrat

Stacy-Davis-Gates.jpg

Chicago teachers union pres gets flack for sending son to private school

Only the peasantry have to follow these peoples rules and or demands.

I am glad she is wanting her kids to get a good education. I don't care if she resigns or not, doing what is in the best interests of her children is the right thing to do.

Absolutely... But turning around and fighting the city on any attempt to hold her membership accountable is the height of hypocrisy.
She is essentially saying she wouldn't trust her kid's future to her membership, but the rest of us should.

The problem is she doesn't support the people who pay her salary doing the same.

Absolutely... But turning around and fighting the city on any attempt to hold her membership accountable is the height of hypocrisy.
She is essentially saying she wouldn't trust her kid's future to her membership, but the rest of us should.
At least she knows the limits of her union, they are not as good as private schools. Obama didn’t even trust public schools to teach his daughters.

Decades of poor results speak for themselves.

So if you worked in a public school and you could afford a superior school for your kids, you’d sacrifice your kids future?
I wouldn't be a hypocrite and tell other people that school choice is racist. By the way she is head of the Teachers Union in Chicago. No union boss I ever met was anywhere near as poor as a common teacher.

The problem is she does not want to seem to want it for anybody else’s children

I wouldn't be a hypocrite and tell other people that school choice is racist. By the way she is head of the Teachers Union in Chicago. No union boss I ever met was anywhere near as poor as a common teacher.
I have no issue with it, she has a job to do.

Forum List

Back