What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catheters

longknife

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Just want to share this with others who are either using or considering using them.

I was recently diagnosed with a urinary tract infection and enlarged prostate. The pain while urinating was agonizing at it took 6 days of a heavy antibiotic before the pain went away. I then visited a urologist who told me my only real choice was to use catheters. She made the prescription and the tech showed me how to do it. He also provided a sample of various types of catheters.

I had no idea there were so many different ones.

Well, it took a couple of days before I got up the nerve to do it to myself. I started with a self-lubricating one – a huge mistake. No matter how hard I tried, it wouldn’t go in all the way and I ended up using one of the packets of lubricants. The outflow was bloody. In fact, I had blood in my urine for the next three days – and I didn’t use another catheter during that time.

I finally got up my nerve and tried it again, with one that you apply the lubricant to. Much to my amazement, no more blood in my urine.

Guess I’m gonna be able to do it twice a day as the doctor recommended.

Anyone else gone through this? What were your experiences and results? Any tips?

depotoo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My brother in law has. They went in and trimmed his prostate which did not affect his uhmm, performance and he can pee just fine now. Did you get that option?

OP
longknife

longknife

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My brother in law has. They went in and trimmed his prostate which did not affect his uhmm, performance and he can pee just fine now. Did you get that option?

Been there, done that with no good results.

Marion Morrison

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Just want to share this with others who are either using or considering using them.

I was recently diagnosed with a urinary tract infection and enlarged prostate. The pain while urinating was agonizing at it took 6 days of a heavy antibiotic before the pain went away. I then visited a urologist who told me my only real choice was to use catheters. She made the prescription and the tech showed me how to do it. He also provided a sample of various types of catheters.

I had no idea there were so many different ones.

Well, it took a couple of days before I got up the nerve to do it to myself. I started with a self-lubricating one – a huge mistake. No matter how hard I tried, it wouldn’t go in all the way and I ended up using one of the packets of lubricants. The outflow was bloody. In fact, I had blood in my urine for the next three days – and I didn’t use another catheter during that time.

I finally got up my nerve and tried it again, with one that you apply the lubricant to. Much to my amazement, no more blood in my urine.

Guess I’m gonna be able to do it twice a day as the doctor recommended.

Anyone else gone through this? What were your experiences and results? Any tips?

Idk man, one of my good friends used this little round pouch thing to the right of his pecker and stuck a tube in that

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Longknife there may be some herbs that could possibly help you. I was reading about something the other day that was used for enlarged prostate.

gipper

Libertarian/Anarchist
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Longknife there may be some herbs that could possibly help you. I was reading about something the other day that was used for enlarged prostate.
Saw Palmetto.

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Saw Palmetto.
There is something else Gipper. I'll have to pick through my brain to try to recall. Possibly I put it into notes to be able to read later.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Please discuss with your physician before starting an herbal supplements.

gipper

Libertarian/Anarchist
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah and make sure your physician prescribes a synthetic drug that fucks you up, but earns him a nice vacation in the Caribbean on Big Pharma's dime.

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Reaction score
again dicks are handy in the woods...otherwise not so much

a man has 4 inches of uretha .....a woman 1 inch

Penelope

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yeah and make sure your physician prescribes a synthetic drug that fucks you up, but earns him a nice vacation in the Caribbean on Big Pharma's dime.
Saw Palmetto increases bleeding time. Herbal supplements are not always safe.

gipper

Libertarian/Anarchist
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
...funny...nearly all pharmaceutical drugs promoted by the corrupt and criminal FDA and Big Pharma, are not always safe. Secondly, most physicians have no understanding of the affect of supplements. So, asking them is a total waste of time and they are likely to tell you something that isn't true.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Reaction score
when i was at the urologoy clinic....you could hear men cry and scream when cathed...
It is easy to understand why.
...funny...nearly all pharmaceutical drugs promoted by the corrupt and criminal FDA and Big Pharma, are not always safe. Secondly, most physicians have no understanding of the affect of supplements. So, asking them is a total waste of time and they are likely to tell you something that isn't true.

Really , and you know better than an urologist. I so doubt it. OP do not take advice from this guy who thinks all docs are quacks. All drugs have side effects, but so do herbs.

gipper

Libertarian/Anarchist
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
when i was at the urologoy clinic....you could hear men cry and scream when cathed...

Really , and you know better than an urologist. I so doubt it. OP do not take advice from this guy who thinks all docs are quacks. All drugs have side effects, but so do herbs.
Yeah...appeal to authority...and do what they say.

Not all herbs have side effects. Most are entirely safe, unlike Big Pharma's toxic shit.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Not all herbs have side effects. Most are entirely safe, unlike Big Pharma's toxic shit.

He might be on a baby aspirin or Coumadin, etc , yet you tell him about a herb that increases bleeding time. I said he needs to consult his doc before he takes any herbs.

The thing with herbs are they are not monitored, they might be full of pesticides. The upmost caution needs to be taken when taking any med or herbal supplement and even everyday vits.

gipper

Libertarian/Anarchist
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

He might be on a baby aspirin or Coumadin, etc , yet you tell him about a herb that increases bleeding time. I said he needs to consult his doc before he takes any herbs.

The thing with herbs are they are not monitored, they might be full of pesticides. The upmost caution needs to be taken when taking any med or herbal supplement and even everyday vits.
Glad to hear you will do whatever your physician tells you to do. Not me.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List