Catheters

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Just want to share this with others who are either using or considering using them.

I was recently diagnosed with a urinary tract infection and enlarged prostate. The pain while urinating was agonizing at it took 6 days of a heavy antibiotic before the pain went away. I then visited a urologist who told me my only real choice was to use catheters. She made the prescription and the tech showed me how to do it. He also provided a sample of various types of catheters.

I had no idea there were so many different ones.

Well, it took a couple of days before I got up the nerve to do it to myself. I started with a self-lubricating one – a huge mistake. No matter how hard I tried, it wouldn’t go in all the way and I ended up using one of the packets of lubricants. The outflow was bloody. In fact, I had blood in my urine for the next three days – and I didn’t use another catheter during that time.

I finally got up my nerve and tried it again, with one that you apply the lubricant to. Much to my amazement, no more blood in my urine.

Guess I’m gonna be able to do it twice a day as the doctor recommended.

Anyone else gone through this? What were your experiences and results? Any tips?

My brother in law has. They went in and trimmed his prostate which did not affect his uhmm, performance and he can pee just fine now. Did you get that option?

Just want to share this with others who are either using or considering using them.

I was recently diagnosed with a urinary tract infection and enlarged prostate. The pain while urinating was agonizing at it took 6 days of a heavy antibiotic before the pain went away. I then visited a urologist who told me my only real choice was to use catheters. She made the prescription and the tech showed me how to do it. He also provided a sample of various types of catheters.

I had no idea there were so many different ones.

Well, it took a couple of days before I got up the nerve to do it to myself. I started with a self-lubricating one – a huge mistake. No matter how hard I tried, it wouldn’t go in all the way and I ended up using one of the packets of lubricants. The outflow was bloody. In fact, I had blood in my urine for the next three days – and I didn’t use another catheter during that time.

I finally got up my nerve and tried it again, with one that you apply the lubricant to. Much to my amazement, no more blood in my urine.

Guess I’m gonna be able to do it twice a day as the doctor recommended.

Anyone else gone through this? What were your experiences and results? Any tips?

Idk man, one of my good friends used this little round pouch thing to the right of his pecker and stuck a tube in that

Longknife there may be some herbs that could possibly help you. I was reading about something the other day that was used for enlarged prostate.

Please discuss with your physician before starting an herbal supplements.

Yeah and make sure your physician prescribes a synthetic drug that fucks you up, but earns him a nice vacation in the Caribbean on Big Pharma's dime.

Yeah and make sure your physician prescribes a synthetic drug that fucks you up, but earns him a nice vacation in the Caribbean on Big Pharma's dime.
Saw Palmetto increases bleeding time. Herbal supplements are not always safe.
...funny...nearly all pharmaceutical drugs promoted by the corrupt and criminal FDA and Big Pharma, are not always safe. Secondly, most physicians have no understanding of the affect of supplements. So, asking them is a total waste of time and they are likely to tell you something that isn't true.

when i was at the urologoy clinic....you could hear men cry and scream when cathed...
It is easy to understand why.
...funny...nearly all pharmaceutical drugs promoted by the corrupt and criminal FDA and Big Pharma, are not always safe. Secondly, most physicians have no understanding of the affect of supplements. So, asking them is a total waste of time and they are likely to tell you something that isn't true.

Really , and you know better than an urologist. I so doubt it. OP do not take advice from this guy who thinks all docs are quacks. All drugs have side effects, but so do herbs.

when i was at the urologoy clinic....you could hear men cry and scream when cathed...

Really , and you know better than an urologist. I so doubt it. OP do not take advice from this guy who thinks all docs are quacks. All drugs have side effects, but so do herbs.
Yeah...appeal to authority...and do what they say.

Not all herbs have side effects. Most are entirely safe, unlike Big Pharma's toxic shit.

Not all herbs have side effects. Most are entirely safe, unlike Big Pharma's toxic shit.

He might be on a baby aspirin or Coumadin, etc , yet you tell him about a herb that increases bleeding time. I said he needs to consult his doc before he takes any herbs.

The thing with herbs are they are not monitored, they might be full of pesticides. The upmost caution needs to be taken when taking any med or herbal supplement and even everyday vits.

He might be on a baby aspirin or Coumadin, etc , yet you tell him about a herb that increases bleeding time. I said he needs to consult his doc before he takes any herbs.

The thing with herbs are they are not monitored, they might be full of pesticides. The upmost caution needs to be taken when taking any med or herbal supplement and even everyday vits.
Glad to hear you will do whatever your physician tells you to do. Not me.

Forum List

Back