Catch That Emu!

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Lol, there are over 11,000 emus in farms in the USA and normally they stay where they are planted, so to speak.

But one Emu is terrorizing Orange County North Carolina.

Elusive Emu Remains at Large in North Carolina After More Than Three Weeks

It’s 5 feet tall, weighs 100 pounds and has been running loose in central North Carolina for more than three weeks.

It’s an emu, a flightless bird native to Australia and the world’s second-largest bird, and it’s been spotted at least five or six times since June 26, officials said.

The elusive, feathered creature has apparently been traveling within a 12-square-mile area, crossing between Orange County and Chatham County — and staying one step ahead of animal control officials, who have approached it at least twice.

“It’s become quite a sensation,” said Tenille Fox, a spokeswoman for Orange County Animal Services. “With all of the media coverage, we were hoping that we would be able to find an owner.”

There have been no reports of property damage or human injury caused by the animal, officials said. Animal control officials haven’t gotten close enough to determine whether the bird is male or female — emus can run faster than 30 miles per hour, according to the Smithsonian National Zoo. Officials speculated that the emu was most likely from a nearby farm.

Local news outlets have been providing regular updates on the evasive bird, which certainly wouldn’t be the first animal to escape in recent years to attract attention. There have been many, including goats in Idaho, llamas in Arizona and a peacock in New York.

The emu was first spotted June 26, and the latest sighting was reported Thursday morning in someone’s yard.

While the emu did not have an official nickname as of Friday afternoon, Ms. Fox said the name “Fluffy” came up several times.​

It's probably stopping to take part in that ultra-obnoxious insurance commercial. :9:
That bird has more acting range than half of Hollywood. 5c74d79494423.jpg

The Aviator glasses are awesome.

It's probably stopping to take part in that ultra-obnoxious insurance commercial. :9:
That bird has more acting range than half of Hollywood. View attachment 270236

It was funny initially, but LM runs that freaking commercial like 50 times a day along with that retarded North Pole Karaoke commercial. Their advertising is exactly why I don't insure with GEICO. If they pay that much for advertising they have to be over charging. I was definitely being overcharged by Liberty Mutual and went with State Farm.

That bird has more acting range than half of Hollywood. View attachment 270236

It was funny initially, but LM runs that freaking commercial like 50 times a day along with that retarded North Pole Karaoke commercial. Their advertising is exactly why I don't insure with GEICO. If they pay that much for advertising they have to be over charging. I was definitely being overcharged by Liberty Mutual and went with State Farm.
They do overkill everything.
I checked them also, and was much higher than American Family.

The Emu's as a species in general seem to be one that extinction forgot.

Forum List

Back