Cat Lovers Thread

My cat Dusty's food haul (circa 2005)...
DustyFoodHaul800x1000.jpg

I have a cat that looks like this. Her name is Ginger

I have recently learned from a neighbor, who knew Buddy when he was first abandoned, that this neighbor knew him as “Ginger”.

I have also learned something disturbing about his history. His was not just a simple case of his family moving away, and not taking him with them, as I had previously assumed.

He was kicked out of his home, by a cruel, irresponsible woman who decided that she no longer wanted a cat, She had a daughter who loved the cat, but the mother no longer wanted anything to do with him.

I just cannot wrap my head around someone having had this cat, as sweet and loving as he is, just deciding to discard him like so much garbage. This apparently happened somewhen from 2015 to 2018, an he had lived as a stray from that time, until April 2022, when he claimed my wife and me as his new family.

So, he's lived most of his life as an abandoned stray.

No more. He's my wife's and my cat, now. He's got a name, he's got a home, he's got a family, and he's even got a harness and a tag to sow the world that he is no longer abandoned.

347557274_748638836913252_3570164607237020040_n.jpg

View attachment 785683
Had to put down our old kitty today. Buried her out back in our little pet cemetery.

RIP
IZZY
:icon_cry:
My Cat passed away in March I had her for 18 years. It's been hard I miss her all the time. Right now we are fostering a dog from the pound, my boyfriend is allergic to cats but since I had her before he and I met he dealt with it. I am so sorry for your loss.

Too bad you can't bring him to Sacramento, and let me take some good pictures of him.

From your pictures, it looks like his eyes are a similar color to Buddy's eyes.

His eyes are aqua green......sometimes they turn green and golden....he is a beautiful kitten! I love him!:biggrin:

Forum List

Back