Cat Lovers Thread

a3a8003f98d8e6fffbe5a1dba07d3a18--potatoes-lazy-cat.jpg

Taking a cat nap in front of the air conditioner.

My cat, Smudge, chased a wild fox out of the neighbours garden. My neighbour called him “very brave”. She said he went right after that fox. Her kids were afraid of the fox and had run to the house.

I was grateful my cat’s shots were up to date.
Most small animals are afraid of any other animal when it is attacking them. Had the fox been rabid, it might have stood its ground...or run toward the cat.

Wild foxes are notoriously shy and largely nocturnal. Just seeing one so close to the centre of town in daylight hours, was unusual.

My cat, Smudge, chased a wild fox out of the neighbours garden. My neighbour called him “very brave”. She said he went right after that fox. Her kids were afraid of the fox and had run to the house.

I was grateful my cat’s shots were up to date.
Most small animals are afraid of any other animal when it is attacking them. Had the fox been rabid, it might have stood its ground...or run toward the cat.

Wild foxes are notoriously shy and largely nocturnal. Just seeing one so close to the centre of town in daylight hours, was unusual.
There are many foxes that prefer cities...especially in Europe.

Foxes surge into England's towns and cities

I had a Himalayan Cat for years.....I had to put it to sleep awhile back. Well, life goes on but without my Thumper Kat....it will never be the same.

Thumper...................

165800-850x565-89696-850x565-Full-view-Himi.jpg

Anyhow.....a black feral cat has started coming around to my back door....I have been feeding him for awhile.....very wild...it took some time before he would let me pet him. Lately, I have started brushing him....he loves that. The other day he showed up lame...his right front leg was not working...he was just limping around. He hung out by my back door for about 3 days(I tried to coax him inside...to no avail...there are coyotes around) on the 4th day I looked out but he was gone. Then about a week later he came back...lost a lot of weight but his leg seemed to be o.k. He comes and goes. I wonder where he wanders off to.

'HEAR and attend and listen; for this befell and behappened and became and was, O my Best Beloved, when the Tame animals were wild. The Dog was wild, and the Horse was wild, and the Cow was wild, and the Sheep was wild, and the Pig was wild--as wild as wild could be--and they walked in the Wet Wild Woods by their wild lones. But the wildest of all the wild animals was the Cat. He walked by himself, and all places were alike to him.'

........Rudyard Kipling

Last edited:
I have my own business tutoring children. After a horrific flood here in 2016, I rescued a declawed calico who's tail had been amputated. She has been FABULOUS! She loves the kids: sits on their papers, sticks her head in their snack, climbs in and sheds on their booksacks, and steals the caps to their pens. The kids love her, and she has been a great icebreaker with new kids. She makes it a warm, friendly, comforting environment.

20180809_084258_HDR.jpg

Here she is helping Noelle research. She has cat beds in all the hotspots.

20180731_094848.jpg

You see another cat bed at the tutoring table, right? She's going to lie on Brennen's homework instead.
20180524_092653.jpg

1596933178079.png

Susie likes sitting on the top of the couch.....but her favorite spot is on my bed. It's so BIG, and SOFT, and all those sheets and blankets, and pillows to cuddle up against >>

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

BTW.....her whole name is Black Eyed Susie.

1596933456918.png

Forum List

Back