Carson Accuses Cruz Camp of Foul Play – Told Voters Carson Was Dropping Out

Cruz has really gotten The Donald angry now. It would probably benefit Cruz to just terminate his campaign. Trump is going to go after his throat for his underhanded dealings. I must back Donald on this one!

Trump: 'Cruz didn't win Iowa, he stole it'
I suppose Trump has a good reason to be angry, but he has to keep in mind that Iowa was small potatoes. Pick your battles wisely.
I think Cruz did more of a disservice than he helped himself with the sabotage he pointed at Carson. I really don't think people are going to forget that attack.

I agree, Jim.

Cruz has really gotten The Donald angry now. It would probably benefit Cruz to just terminate his campaign. Trump is going to go after his throat for his underhanded dealings. I must back Donald on this one!

Trump: 'Cruz didn't win Iowa, he stole it'

I agree, Cruz took a page out of the Bush playbook. Bush did a hatchet job on John McCain and he and his criminal brother Jeb stole the election from Gore. It may be all academic since Cruz is really a Canadian.

Trump is going to take Cruznochio to the woodshed. He and Ben Carson are going to clobber Cruz.

BREAKING=> Carson Accuses Cruz Camp of Foul Play – Told Voters Carson Was Dropping Out

The Carson camp claimed Cruz’s team spread false rumors at caucus sites that Carson had dropped out.

Ben Carson was incensed as the results of Monday night’s Iowa caucuses rolled in, accusing the winner of spreading falsehoods about him at caucus sites.

Carson’s team claimed that Cruz’s campaign deliberately sent emails to supporters to spread false rumors at caucus sites that Carson had dropped out, so his supporters would caucus for other candidates.

“That is really quite a dirty trick,” Carson said speaking to reporters at the end of the evening. “That’s the very kind of thing that irritated me enough to get into this quagmire.”

“To have campaigns come out and send emails to their caucus speakers suggesting that Dr. Carson was doing anything but moving forward after tonight is the lowest of low in American politics,”said Carson campaign manager Ed Brookover.

BREAKING=> Carson Accuses Cruz Camp of Foul Play - Told Voters Carson Was Dropping Out - The Gateway Pundit

This is the second "trick" that I have heard of about Cruz.

I wouldn't put it past Cruz although Carson is also a slime. If this is true Carson and Cruz would have split the funny gelical vote and Trump would be the winner.
Trump wasn't that close to Cruz

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
We wouldn't be sure how close Cruz could be to Trump if the Carson voters hadn't turned to Cruz. A couple of votes from each precinct from Carson voters could have made a bigger difference than thought. I heard that 4 votes in each precinct could have made the difference from winning to coming in second for Cruz.
How many Carson voters heard about this? And how many voted for Cruz because of it?
From my understanding, that message went out to most or all precincts.

Cruz shill MessiahRushie is trying to muddy the waters by trying to blame,
Wait for it......... RUBIO!!!!

Cruz shill MessiahRushie is trying to muddy the waters by trying to blame,
Wait for it......... RUBIO!!!!

Rubio could give the GOP a chance in the General, but I really think he only has a 25% chance of winning it. I think that the Ben and Trump will join together to slam Cruz.

Since all the regressives are saying Rubio is the only Chace to ensure it is a.safe bet that anyone BUT Rubio should be nominated.

Cruz DID know the CNN report was wrong. He DID get the correction, he just decided to let the rumor stand, knowing it would result in votes for him. His victory is tainted. We don't know how many votes Carson lost because of it and since the two were directly competing for the social conservative and evangelical vote, Cruz probably got ALL of those votes. It's very possible Trump would have won a narrow victory had Cruz not been deceitful and dishonest. He has a right to be pissed. He won't get a do-over but there SHOULD be outrage over it to insure that Cruz doesn't try something like this in N.H.

Cruz DID know the CNN report was wrong. He DID get the correction, he just decided to let the rumor stand, knowing it would result in votes for him. His victory is tainted. We don't know how many votes Carson lost because of it and since the two were directly competing for the social conservative and evangelical vote, Cruz probably got ALL of those votes. It's very possible Trump would have won a narrow victory had Cruz not been deceitful and dishonest. He has a right to be pissed. He won't get a do-over but there SHOULD be outrage over it to insure that Cruz doesn't try something like this in N.H.
How the fuck do you get trump getting more votes over this? Trump would not have won . End of story. It wasn't a close count

How the fuck do you get trump getting more votes over this? Trump would not have won . End of story. It wasn't a close count

I didn't say Trump would get more votes. If Cruz got LESS, however, and Trumps remained the same, the narrow margin by which Cruz won, would shrink. Possibly enough to put him BEHIND Trump. Now do you get it?

Last edited:

I didn't say Trump would get more votes. If Cruz got LESS, however, and Trumps remained the same, the narrow margin by which Cruz won, would shrink. Possibly enough to put him BEHIND Trump. Now do you get it?
It wasn't narrow enough for Trump to win. Ever. If anything it would hurt Rubio

Wrong. The deception started at the beginning of the caucus and lasted until the end. Cruz only won by about 6,200 votes (1 delegate). He had all evening to collect votes from Carson supporters who thought their guy had dropped out. In addition to that, Rep. Steve King (who knew the truth) was urging them to throw their support to Cruz. It's likely that Carson lost at least 6,200 votes. And Rubio was not a factor. He would be in third place in either case.

Wrong. The deception started at the beginning of the caucus and lasted until the end. Cruz only won by about 6,200 votes (1 delegate). He had all evening to collect votes from Carson supporters who thought their guy had dropped out. In addition to that, Rep. Steve King (who knew the truth) was urging them to throw their support to Cruz. It's likely that Carson lost at least 6,200 votes. And Rubio was not a factor. He would be in third place in either case.
That alone should make the state review the desire to stay with the caucus program. That could not have happened if there hadn't been candidate "disciples" trying to sway voters to their candidates by any means they could.

Trump may even sue Cruz over his citizenship, after this dirty deed by Teddy. Donald must be steaming! All that work and hours on the road, to end up losing because of a sneaky, low down, rotten, underhanded, trick by one of the "moral majority" members. OOOUUUCHHH!

:banana::Boom2:CRUZ

No, the liar Cruz said the "rumor" came from CNN, but that was shown to be not true!

And Cruz first tried to blame CNN, but only when that lie too was exposed did he sort of apologize to Carson but said what he did was "fair game." What the pathological liar left out of his "fair game" rationalization was that the follow up CNN tweet that Cruz left out was tweeted in the SAME MINUTE as the first!!!
Look at the time of the 2 CNN tweets and then look at the time of the lying Cruz shill Steve King's tweet. Cruz and King knew well before they spread their lie that they were lying!!!

Follow

Chris MoodyVerified account@moody

Carson won't go to NH/SC, but instead will head home to Florida for some R&R. He'll be in DC Thursday for the National Prayer Breakfast.

Carson himself said it came from CNN first. Stop spinning.

No one is arguing that it started with a tweet from a CNN person. Check the time lines on the tweets. AND Dr. Carson informed Cruz's campaign immediately that he was still in the race.

But the dogs didn't back off and they did not correct what they were still putting out there.

That's freaking dirty. I expect better of Cruz's people. I'm pissed off. The Senator needs to bitch slap everyone who was involved in this.

And by the way, Carson only accepted Cruz's apology and taking Cruz at his word that he was unaware on what his staff and volunteers were doing. But he is righteously angry at the campaign.

"Carson has accepted the apology, his spokeswoman Deana Bass told DailyMail.com.

He told Fox News Channel host Bill O'Reilly on Tuesday that he 'talked to Ted Cruz earlier today and he says that he didn’t know anything about what the campaign did in terms of contacting precincts, telling people that I was dropping out, that a vote for me was a wasted vote.'

'I have to accept his word that he didn’t know,' Carson said, 'cause he said if he had known he would have not agreed with such a thing.'

But the retired doctor insisted that Cruz needs to clean up his campaign, and compared it to the Obama White House.

'A culture exists within the Cruz camp that would allow people to take advantage of a situation like this in a very dishonest way,' he said.

Read more: Ted Cruz ADMITS his staff spread rumor that Ben Carson was quitting
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Doesn't matter to me. His staff ran with a fraudulent CNN story. He knew nothing about it at the time. When he found out he immediately apologized publicly via the mainstream media.

Trump would not have done the same in the same situation.

BlueGin with all due respect you are thinking like a Cruz voter. Not like a Carson delegate.

At one point during the next few weeks Carson was bound to leave the primary campaign. The logical alternative for Carson delegates would have been Ted Cruz. Ditto his volunteers.

Not now. They are seething. Their man was betrayed by Cruz's campaign. Big time. Think of the money, the time and the effort aka blood, sweat and tears that Carson's people have put into his campaign. They are not happy campers.

Odds are they'll split to Rubio and Trump now.
Interesting that no one is questioning why CNN issued a fraudulent story in the first place.

If they split to Trump they are dumbasses. But ...let the chips fall where they may. It's all part of the process.

Still don't think Cruz knew about it at all. And that his apology was sincere.

I have no use for CNN but where is the fraud? Carson was going to go to Florida and attend the National Prayer Breakfast. That's true. CNN never claimed he was abandoning the race.

And the kicker of it all is Carson's campaign was on this as soon as they found out about this rumor and informed Cruz's campaign but they didn't call their dogs off and issue a corrective statement.

Dirty. Freaking all get out dirty when Mrs. Carson has to walk in and give a speech to prove her husband was still in the race.

No, the liar Cruz said the "rumor" came from CNN, but that was shown to be not true!

And Cruz first tried to blame CNN, but only when that lie too was exposed did he sort of apologize to Carson but said what he did was "fair game." What the pathological liar left out of his "fair game" rationalization was that the follow up CNN tweet that Cruz left out was tweeted in the SAME MINUTE as the first!!!
Look at the time of the 2 CNN tweets and then look at the time of the lying Cruz shill Steve King's tweet. Cruz and King knew well before they spread their lie that they were lying!!!

Follow

Chris MoodyVerified account@moody

Carson won't go to NH/SC, but instead will head home to Florida for some R&R. He'll be in DC Thursday for the National Prayer Breakfast.

Carson himself said it came from CNN first. Stop spinning.

No one is arguing that it started with a tweet from a CNN person. Check the time lines on the tweets. AND Dr. Carson informed Cruz's campaign immediately that he was still in the race.

But the dogs didn't back off and they did not correct what they were still putting out there.

That's freaking dirty. I expect better of Cruz's people. I'm pissed off. The Senator needs to bitch slap everyone who was involved in this.

And by the way, Carson only accepted Cruz's apology and taking Cruz at his word that he was unaware on what his staff and volunteers were doing. But he is righteously angry at the campaign.

"Carson has accepted the apology, his spokeswoman Deana Bass told DailyMail.com.

He told Fox News Channel host Bill O'Reilly on Tuesday that he 'talked to Ted Cruz earlier today and he says that he didn’t know anything about what the campaign did in terms of contacting precincts, telling people that I was dropping out, that a vote for me was a wasted vote.'

'I have to accept his word that he didn’t know,' Carson said, 'cause he said if he had known he would have not agreed with such a thing.'

But the retired doctor insisted that Cruz needs to clean up his campaign, and compared it to the Obama White House.

'A culture exists within the Cruz camp that would allow people to take advantage of a situation like this in a very dishonest way,' he said.

Either Cruz can't control his jackyls or he ordered them to do it.

Cruz got caught red handed. He's a modern day Tricky Dick Nixon.

But at least he prays before he screws someone over....
Wonder if Hillary or Trump do?

Politics is dirty. They should learn to Suck it up and put their big girl panties on.

Well you have a problem with the Cruz campaign and Cruz himself running on a "born again pure as the driven snow not politics as usual" platform.

Just shows that's a lie and it's disappointing.

The key to all of this is Cruz's campaign kept the lie up despite being told the truth by the Carson campaign.

No brainer. If you get told the truth and you do not take corrective action right then and there you're playing really dirty scumbucket politics. And Carson may have accepted Cruz's apology but he by no means is letting his campaigners off the hook here.

"He also called for the firing of Cruz's campaign staffer who sent out the tweet.

'I think whoever is responsible for blatant lying should be dismissed, absolutely. Unless that kind of behavior is acceptable in your campaign culture,' Carson told CNN."

Read more: Trump demands new Iowa election because Ted Cruz 'stole it'

Wow, if that's true, what a POS. He does seem a little sleazy, like he's hiding something. The more I get to know Cruz, the less I like him.
You will find out the truth tonight, Thursday, when Bill O'Reilly on Fox News, at 8 ET, will have the facts. There is confusion on the facts and Bill and Carson are investigating.

CNN did tweet at 6:43 p.m. CT that Carson was leaving on Tuesday. Cruz's people picked it up and ran with it. Minutes later CNN found out Carson was really leaving to go home and get a different set of clothes ( ? ) and then they tweeted that but Cruz's campaign did not receive that, or so they said.

Hey nice to see you!

But an FYI Cruz's campaign was informed directly by Carson's campaign. This is why Carson's crew is seething.

ETA; This is why they are flipping out. AND they have every right to do so.

"Carson spokeswoman Deana Bass told DailyMail.com that 'the fact that the Cruz campaign received Dr. Carson's statement and chose not correct their false statements says it all.'

Last edited:
Politics is dirty. They should learn to Suck it up and put their big girl panties on.
Well you have a problem with the Cruz campaign and Cruz himself running on a "born again pure as the driven snow not politics as usual" platform.

And Cruz runs as "TRUSTED."
Approve.png

And Cruz runs as "TRUSTED."
Approve.png

I just heard him on the radio mocking Trump for being pissed off about this situation instead of doing a mea culpa over the situation HIS campaign caused.

Oh well. Thought he had more integrity than this. Another one bites the dust for me.

Forum List

Back