carolina wrens

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
008-6.jpg

yes that is the weed eater guard.....so much for weed eating....i think there are 4 chicks one is just being piled on...i will post more pics as they grow..they should grow pretty fast...i think they are only in the nest about 2 weeks after they hatch

i found clark.....sniffing around the shed....you could see that look.....he smells baby birds....so we have double the effort to keep the cats in...this is always a hard season on the cats....being in all day and night

update:

traj here is the blocked door:

002-10.jpg

latest pic:

003-9.jpg

the have feathers....we figure they are about 4 days old...we are not sure...but they are growing fast....there are 4....i dont like to take a lot of pics of them..the flash and all

update:

002-10.jpg

latest pic:

003-9.jpg

the have feathers....we figure they are about 4 days old...we are not sure...but they are growing fast....there are 4....i dont like to take a lot of pics of them..the flash and all

The one with the open mouth gets the next meal. :D

Just too cute, strollingbones.

update:

002-10.jpg

latest pic:

003-9.jpg

The one with the open mouth gets the next meal. :D

Just too cute, strollingbones.

The one with its mouth open looks like it expects a gift from the visitor.

babies are funny...they always hope to get fed..... but in the next pic which i didnt post cause it was blurred....they all are asleep...just like he woke up..opened his mouth and fell right back asleep

I think the fortressing and imprisonment may count as racism against cats....

If you're going to cook them, best to do it pretty soon while they are good and tender and not so many feathers to pluck out... Baby birds and scrambled eggs, yum, yum...

It was kind of like a scary sci fi/horror flick! I kept expecting something horrible to happen! The parents kept getting smaller and smaller..and the babies kept getting bigger and scarier...and those mouths!!

Forum List

Back