Cantor says he's concerned by 'mobs' at 'Occupy Wall Street'

Very good question Jake!

I recall the discussion in school about Banana republics. What are the attributes that make a country a banana republic?

The number one answer then was printing your own money.

What do you suggest?
Better yet? How did we get along before 1913?

RATHER WELL........... But that is my opinion.
That coupled with the 16th/17th Amendments foisted by the Progressives of that time got us here.

They lessened the 9th and 10th by making sure the Federal Government usurped power from the people.

Better yet? How did we get along before 1913?

That coupled with the 16th/17th Amendments foisted by the Progressives of that time got us here.

They lessened the 9th and 10th by making sure the Federal Government usurped power from the people.

I am still reading the federalist papers to be followed by the anti federalist papers.

I must reserve further comments until I am familiar with both sides. I will say the founders knew we would error in this experiment.

The 14th did that long before federal incomes taxes and directly-elected senators were decided by We the People.

T, you belong to We the People, whether you wish it or not.

The 14th did that long before federal incomes taxes and directly-elected senators were decided by We the People.

We can see today electing senators was a mistake that has led to diminished states rights.

I am still reading the federalist papers to be followed by the anti federalist papers.

I must reserve further comments until I am familiar with both sides. I will say the founders knew we would error in this experiment.

I suspect Washington and Morris and others would have backed big nationalist government in bed with Hamilton and the equivalent of Wall Street banking then. Jefferson, Randolph, Madison, and others would have opposed both. Adams and Jay would have liked big governmen but with commerce and business answerable to it.

The FF would have been fractured about these issues as we are today.

We can see today electing senators was a mistake that has led to diminished states rights.

That began with the 14th Amendment. No one has taken away the rights of We the People to elect senators who represent their states' interests very closely today.

I suspect Washington and Morris and others would have backed big nationalist government in bed with Hamilton and the equivalent of Wall Street banking then. Jefferson, Randolph, Madison, and others would have opposed both. Adams and Jay would have liked big governmen but with commerce and business answerable to it.

Fractured is very accurate. It has been fun comparing the thoughts of the day and being able to fast forward to see the results. The art of debate has been lost, at least IMO.

Fractured is very accurate. It has been fun comparing the thoughts of the day and being able to fast forward to see the results. The art of debate has been lost, at least IMO.

The word of the FF was personal and up front, visible and aural, not one of visualization, imagery, sound bytes, and so forth. Discounting race and sex, Obama and Clinton would have made it back then along with Boehner and George Will, among others. Bachmann, Palin, Sharpton, Hannitty, and others would not. Maybe Schultz and Limbaugh would. Who know?

The word of the FF was personal and up front, visible and aural, not one of visualization, imagery, sound bytes, and so forth. Discounting race and sex, Obama and Clinton would have made it back then along with Boehner and George Will, among others. Bachmann, Palin, Sharpton, Hannitty, and others would not. Maybe Schultz and Limbaugh would. Who know?
You just had to ruin the moment of understanding didnt you? Mentioning the empty suit Obama is over the top.

He is the worst I have seen in my lifetime and clearly his admin is more corrupt then Nixon could have ever dreamed of.

House GOP Leader Eric Cantor decried the protests that started several weeks ago in New York, and have spread to major cities across the country. Cantor said in a speech at the Values Voters Summit in Washington that he is "increasingly concerned" about the "growing mobs" represented at the protests.

First Read - Cantor says he's concerned by 'mobs' at 'Occupy Wall Street'

While I STILL have no idea what the "Occupy Wallstreet" folks want, I cannot see how they are any different than any of the Tea Party events that Cantor and his fellow Republicans loved. Do they even care how hypocritical they sound anymore?

Um, Tea Party events don't involve people camping out for weeks on end, and no one ever has to be arrested or pepper-sprayed. That's just off the top of my head.

Also, Tea Partiers can all enunciate clear, concise reasons for the protest. Have you listened to these losers on Wall Street trying to explain themselves? They all sound like . . . well, like there's an excellent reason they aren't employed, and it ain't Corporate America, let's just put it that way.

House GOP Leader Eric Cantor decried the protests that started several weeks ago in New York, and have spread to major cities across the country. Cantor said in a speech at the Values Voters Summit in Washington that he is "increasingly concerned" about the "growing mobs" represented at the protests.

While I STILL have no idea what the "Occupy Wallstreet" folks want, I cannot see how they are any different than any of the Tea Party events that Cantor and his fellow Republicans loved. Do they even care how hypocritical they sound anymore?

True..

Although there is a growing concern here in NY by the anti semetic sentiment...not a "muffled" word on a recording that may be the "N" word as was heard at a tea party ralley.

Furthermore, I dont think the tea party ralleys over the 2 years had a total of over 800 arrests....meaning that these ralleys are in less control of themselves.

But they have a right to be heard...and I support their efforts.

But I am curious....Pelosi knocked the tea party ralleys when they started....yet applauds the wall street protests.

DO you not agree that that, too, is hypocrisy?

I have a correction. They have a right TO TALK. They have no right at all to "be heard" or listened to.

Furthermore, the First Amendment grants the right of the people "PEACEABLY to assemble". When they're getting arrested left and right, that's not peaceable. And if all that's happening - aside from the arrests - is that people are "concerned", I don't think they need to climb up on their "Constitutional rights" high horse just yet.

Um, Tea Party events don't involve people camping out for weeks on end, and no one ever has to be arrested or pepper-sprayed. That's just off the top of my head.

Also, Tea Partiers can all enunciate clear, concise reasons for the protest. Have you listened to these losers on Wall Street trying to explain themselves? They all sound like . . . well, like there's an excellent reason they aren't employed, and it ain't Corporate America, let's just put it that way.

Indeed. First OWS had no leaders...then they did, then we find out that some are paid...then the Unions latch on and hijack it.

The TEA Party has no leader.

Real Grassroots vs. Tyranny paid for Astroturf.

Big Deal - anyone with a brain knows Republicans are the Biggest Hypocrites. Let them whine all they want now that the Middle Class is finally standing up to their Bully tactics.

The middle class? Is THAT who you think those unemployed losers camping on Wall Street are? :lmao:

I got news for you, Chuckles. If you've got weeks of free time to go camp out on Wall Street and yell slogans, you're not middle class. If you're 26, just out of college, and living in Mommy and Daddy's garage or basement, THEY might be middle class, but YOU sure as hell aren't.

Simple. The Tea Party does not have a list of unfathomable and ridiculous demands.
Such as "the forgiving of ALL debt"...$20 minimum wage. Elimination of fossil fuels. An automatic $1trillion ( from where this money will come is a mystery) for infrastructure.
The rampant unionization of labor....Tea Party rallies did not "Occupy public space. Did not block traffic and applied and received all required permits for large gatherings.

Whoa....I disagree with you here. I watched tape (last week mind you), that showed a "white shirt" macing a female who was doing nothing more than standing behind an orange barricade erected by the very cops that maced her. It seemed a little out of line to me...

Yes, but what you are not aware of is why they were penned in..

Now, if you take into consideration that they were penned in for acting unruly and inciting others to act unruly..and continuing to incite others to act unruly while they were penned in, you may see it in a different light.

Sometimes, when one that is being detained continues to do what they were being detained for, the officer must be pro-active and take charge.

The NYPD is one of the best in the world. Sure, you have a few bad apples.....but this situation is a classic example of a video going viral without all of the facts attached to it.

she was a girl as were most of the others who were penned-in w/ her :eusa_eh:

enos.jpg

What does being a girl have to do with anything?

Forum List

Back