Cantor says he's concerned by 'mobs' at 'Occupy Wall Street'

True..

Although there is a growing concern here in NY by the anti semetic sentiment...not a "muffled" word on a recording that may be the "N" word as was heard at a tea party ralley.

Furthermore, I dont think the tea party ralleys over the 2 years had a total of over 800 arrests....meaning that these ralleys are in less control of themselves.

But they have a right to be heard...and I support their efforts.

But I am curious....Pelosi knocked the tea party ralleys when they started....yet applauds the wall street protests.

DO you not agree that that, too, is hypocrisy?

Have you viewed the tapes , These people are being harrassed by some of the white shirt( means they are higher ups) cops.

How many tea party people were maced for standing behind a barracade as instructed?

TM...when you know what you are talking about, I will gladly respond to you.

In the meantime, I am here in NYC......our local news have been accurately reporting on the protests and they do not have an agenda like your national "news" does.

The "white shirts" as you inaccurately referred to them as did not do anything out of normal procedure.

The macing was warranted.

Whoa....I disagree with you here. I watched tape (last week mind you), that showed a "white shirt" macing a female who was doing nothing more than standing behind an orange barricade erected by the very cops that maced her. It seemed a little out of line to me...

I hear they're going to start filing "Biggest Loser" right at the OWS crowd. Should have million of hours of losers

Wall St is both parties "cash cow" so of course the tool is going to defend the people who exacerbated the downturn through their unrivaled greed. As long as he keeps getting his campaign contributions he'll defend them.

Have you viewed the tapes , These people are being harrassed by some of the white shirt( means they are higher ups) cops.

How many tea party people were maced for standing behind a barracade as instructed?

In the meantime, I am here in NYC......our local news have been accurately reporting on the protests and they do not have an agenda like your national "news" does.

The "white shirts" as you inaccurately referred to them as did not do anything out of normal procedure.

Whoa....I disagree with you here. I watched tape (last week mind you), that showed a "white shirt" macing a female who was doing nothing more than standing behind an orange barricade erected by the very cops that maced her. It seemed a little out of line to me...

Jarhead has a problem with lying. He sure acts like he knows what he is talking about tho.

Big Deal - anyone with a brain knows Republicans are the Biggest Hypocrites. Let them whine all they want now that the Middle Class is finally standing up to their Bully tactics.

I saw a female being subdued for her own protection.

Yes, but what you are not aware of is why they were penned in..

Now, if you take into consideration that they were penned in for acting unruly and inciting others to act unruly..and continuing to incite others to act unruly while they were penned in, you may see it in a different light.

Sometimes, when one that is being detained continues to do what they were being detained for, the officer must be pro-active and take charge.

The NYPD is one of the best in the world. Sure, you have a few bad apples.....but this situation is a classic example of a video going viral without all of the facts attached to it.

Jarhead has a problem with lying. He sure acts like he knows what he is talking about tho.

wow....just.....wow.

Now, if you take into consideration that they were penned in for acting unruly and inciting others to act unruly..and continuing to incite others to act unruly while they were penned in, you may see it in a different light.

Sometimes, when one that is being detained continues to do what they were being detained for, the officer must be pro-active and take charge.

The NYPD is one of the best in the world. Sure, you have a few bad apples.....but this situation is a classic example of a video going viral without all of the facts attached to it.

I cannot access YouTube from here, but I am certain the tape is out there that I am refrencing. I would LOVE for you to explain how the woman who was penned in, was acting in any way "inciting" anything? She was a peaceful protester. When did that become illegal?

House GOP Leader Eric Cantor decried the protests that started several weeks ago in New York, and have spread to major cities across the country. Cantor said in a speech at the Values Voters Summit in Washington that he is "increasingly concerned" about the "growing mobs" represented at the protests.

First Read - Cantor says he's concerned by 'mobs' at 'Occupy Wall Street'

While I STILL have no idea what the "Occupy Wallstreet" folks want, I cannot see how they are any different than any of the Tea Party events that Cantor and his fellow Republicans loved. Do they even care how hypocritical they sound anymore?

If he wasn't concerned when the little folk were crashing and burning, then he doesn't get to be concerned about this, now.

I cannot access YouTube from here, but I am certain the tape is out there that I am refrencing. I would LOVE for you to explain how the woman who was penned in, was acting in any way "inciting" anything? She was a peaceful protester. When did that become illegal?

She was penned in becuase she was NOT a peaceful protester...that is what is lost in this.
And if you watch the tape, you will still hear her screaming....you can not hear what she is saying, but apparently (according to local news) she was directing others around her to rebel to the police...to "push back".....which was what she was doing and why she was penned in.

Look at it this way...Bloomberg is not an ideologue. He is an independent. He is not Mayor for the money...he truly cares about NYC and what uis right for it.

If the macing was unwarranted, the officer would have been suspended, if not fired.

Again, you only saw a video of a woman being maced. You do not know why she was penned in and you do not know what she was screaming to the crowd before she was maced.

She needed to be silenced fot eh crowd was reaching a point of being very dangerous iof they lost control.

Bear in mind...they could not transport her out...the crowd was bloicking the streets...so penning her in was the only alternative...but it did not stop her from trying to get people to physically fight the police.

She was penned in becuase she was NOT a peaceful protester...that is what is lost in this.
And if you watch the tape, you will still hear her screaming....you can not hear what she is saying, but apparently (according to local news) she was directing others around her to rebel to the police...to "push back".....which was what she was doing and why she was penned in.

Look at it this way...Bloomberg is not an ideologue. He is an independent. He is not Mayor for the money...he truly cares about NYC and what uis right for it.

If the macing was unwarranted, the officer would have been suspended, if not fired.

Again, you only saw a video of a woman being maced. You do not know why she was penned in and you do not know what she was screaming to the crowd before she was maced.

She needed to be silenced fot eh crowd was reaching a point of being very dangerous iof they lost control.

Bear in mind...they could not transport her out...the crowd was bloicking the streets...so penning her in was the only alternative...but it did not stop her from trying to get people to physically fight the police.

Let's assume for a moment that you are right, and this defenseless woman deserved to be maced by armed policemen. Using this logic, how many over the top, out of control "conservatives" should have been maced during the town halls leading up the the Healthcare Legislation battles?

Let's assume for a moment that you are right, and this defenseless woman deserved to be maced by armed policemen. Using this logic, how many over the top, out of control "conservatives" should have been maced during the town halls leading up the the Healthcare Legislation battles?

Considering there were none, then, none.

House GOP Leader Eric Cantor decried the protests that started several weeks ago in New York, and have spread to major cities across the country. Cantor said in a speech at the Values Voters Summit in Washington that he is "increasingly concerned" about the "growing mobs" represented at the protests.

First Read - Cantor says he's concerned by 'mobs' at 'Occupy Wall Street'

While I STILL have no idea what the "Occupy Wallstreet" folks want, I cannot see how they are any different than any of the Tea Party events that Cantor and his fellow Republicans loved. Do they even care how hypocritical they sound anymore?

If he wasn't concerned when the little folk were crashing and burning, then he doesn't get to be concerned about this, now.

Really? Who the fuck died and left you in charge?

if they were inciting others to get physical with the police...sure....use mace.

But please....just talking loud and showing anger does not warrant mace.

But pushing a police officer and doing what you can to incite others to ALSO push a police officer in a crowd where the police officer has nowhere to run.....it warrants an arrest...and if that person STILL is trying to get others to physically attack a police officer...and there is no place to put her away from the crowd...then either tape her mouth shut or mace her.

Bear in mind...officers carry guns. You do not want an officer to be overtaken by angry people....or his gun will fall in the hands of someone who it shouldnt.

VaYank.....this woman was not a peaceful protester.

she was a girl as were most of the others who were penned-in w/ her :eusa_eh:

enos.jpg

"defenseless woman maced by armed police"...that is spin of the truth

Accruately:

An angry protester who opted to ignore the police and decided to see how far the police will go, pushed an officer out of the way and incited others to do the same. The police, showing restraint did not draw their weapons, but instead held those that were getting physical with the police in a penned area. Still insisting on inciting the crowd to use violence against the police, they did not use their armed weapons, but instaed used mace to show her that they will not tolerate her trying to incite the crowd around them to attack them.

Would you have preferred that they draw their weapns to get her to shut up?

she was a girl as were most of the others who were penned-in w/ her :eusa_eh:

enos.jpg

yes she was.

So?

They did not care about a girl "hurting" them.

They were concerned about a girl shoving an officer out of the way letting others in a very large crowd know thast they, too, can shove the officers out of the way.

Now.....what do you think would have happened if a thousand people all at once decided it is OK to shove the officers out of the way?

Cantor sounds exactly like those who condemned civil rights marchers, anti-war marchers, and so forth almost fifty years ago. The Hard Right never learns. We are not going back to the sixties, and, no, corporations are not people and not our friends.

Forum List

Back