Candian mist whiskey should be outlawed

I guess the post was tongue in cheek. There's plenty of good whisky made in the good old USA and probably cheaper. An interesting factoid is that you can grow marijuana for your own use in many states and make your own beer and wine but it is a federal offense to distill a drop of alcohol for your own use although you can pick up an efficient distillation unit on ebay for a decent price.

I guess the post was tongue in cheek. There's plenty of good whisky made in the good old USA and probably cheaper. An interesting factoid is that you can grow marijuana for your own use in many states and make your own beer and wine but it is a federal offense to distill a drop of alcohol for your own use although you can pick up an efficient distillation unit on ebay for a decent price.
Make all the alcohol you want, just not the drinking kind.

Not the drinking kind? Make all the beer and wine you want but not the drinking kind? Grow all the weed you want but not the smoking kind? Americans have been distilling alcohol before Washington joined the Army. Is it about the federal tax or the danger of drinking home distilled alcohol? That's a home brewed myth.

Not the drinking kind? Make all the beer and wine you want but not the drinking kind? Grow all the weed you want but not the smoking kind? Americans have been distilling alcohol before Washington joined the Army. Is it about the federal tax or the danger of drinking home distilled alcohol? That's a home brewed myth.
Here in CA you can get a permit to distill fuel alcohol so don't give me
a f'n history lesson.

a f'n history lesson.
Why not a history lesson? It's hard to take anything in the people's republic of California seriously.

a f'n history lesson.
Why not a history lesson? It's hard to take anything in the people's republic of California seriously.
That's all you got, and erroneous as well. Typical.

I'm not advocating making your own alcohol and I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm just trying to make a point about hypocrisy. If you want to live in the real world you could see for yourself that all the modern home distillery apparatus (and there is a ton of stuff) is intended to make drinkable alcohol. All the books and pamphlets related to distilling describe making drinkable alcohol. if you tried to make fuel alcohol in this equipment it would take more energy than it's worth and you couldn't get to the gas station on a fifth of fuel alcohol

whiskey gives me a banging hangover that used to last a day. now it's more like 3 before I feel right. don't drink the shit anymore. usually.

sucks getting old.

I'm not advocating making your own alcohol and I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm just trying to make a point about hypocrisy. If you want to live in the real world you could see for yourself that all the modern home distillery apparatus (and there is a ton of stuff) is intended to make drinkable alcohol. All the books and pamphlets related to distilling describe making drinkable alcohol. if you tried to make fuel alcohol in this equipment it would take more energy than it's worth and you couldn't get to the gas station on a fifth of fuel alcohol
Fair enough for me.

whiskey gives me a banging hangover that used to last a day. now it's more like 3 before I feel right. don't drink the shit anymore. usually.

sucks getting old.
It feeds off the amino acid (protein) in your spinal cord. There is the hangover. No thanks.

sucks getting old.
It feeds off the amino acid (protein) in your spinal cord. There is the hangover. No thanks.

yeah, not fun.

Oddly enough Reyka vodka does not give me these types of wicked hangovers. Still do a few martinis of that now and again.

I have to wonder why. I came across this stuff many years ago when I was looking for the literally best vodka on earth to take on a trip. I came up with a list and took it to a local massive liquor store where I and the now-wife encountered some Russian vodka expert who pointed us in the direction of 3 from our list they had there, which he said would not give you a hangover.

1. Reyka
2. Crystal Head
3. Beluga (some Russian Brand)

We bought a bottle of each, went home and blind tasted them. All excellent. And it is weird but the hangovers aren't there unless you just get shitty and stupid and hammer down a ton.....

Reyka is like 20 bucks a bottle and isn't even expensive. The crystal head is better, but only slightly and twice the price. The Beluga is hard to find.

One bottle of the Reyka and you'll never go back to the Grey Goose or Tito's bullshit, which is more marketing than quality and tastes like rubbing alcohol after this, which wins taste tests year after year and comes with the additional benefit of not totally killing your next day.

Whiskey on the other hand absolutely does me in. I like Irish Whiskey and will sip it on occasion. Jameson's Aged or Yellow Spot on a Friday evening. One step over the line and I'm paying the next day. Two steps and I'm shit for 2 days. No good....

sucks getting old.

yeah, not fun.

Oddly enough Reyka vodka does not give me these types of wicked hangovers. Still do a few martinis of that now and again.

I have to wonder why. I came across this stuff many years ago when I was looking for the literally best vodka on earth to take on a trip. I came up with a list and took it to a local massive liquor store where I and the now-wife encountered some Russian vodka expert who pointed us in the direction of 3 from our list they had there, which he said would not give you a hangover.

1. Reyka
2. Crystal Head

We bought a bottle of each, went home and blind tasted them. All excellent. And it is weird but the hangovers aren't there unless you just get shitty and stupid and hammer down a ton.....

Reyka is like 20 bucks a bottle and isn't even expensive. The crystal head is better, but only slightly and twice the price. The Beluga is hard to find.

One bottle of the Reyka and you'll never go back to the Grey Goose or Tito's bullshit, which is more marketing than quality and tastes like rubbing alcohol after this, which wins taste tests year after year and comes with the additional benefit of not totally killing your next day.

Whiskey on the other hand absolutely does me in. I like Irish Whiskey and will sip it on occasion. Jameson's Aged or Yellow Spot on a Friday evening. One step over the line and I'm paying the next day. Two steps and I'm shit for 2 days. No good....
Vodka would be my choice if I ever drank again. Whiskey turned me f'n crazy. Kinda like scrumpy.

sucks getting old.

yeah, not fun.

1. Reyka
2. Crystal Head

Vodka would be my choice if I ever drank again. Whiskey turned me f'n crazy. Kinda like scrumpy.

For me it's Tequila that made me nuts. Just off the hook.

Whiskey just makes me drunk and I end up hangin' like a bat for days.

sucks getting old.

yeah, not fun.

1. Reyka
2. Crystal Head

Jose was my fave.

sucks getting old.

yeah, not fun.

1. Reyka
2. Crystal Head

Jose was my fave.

oh yeah, he and I had some adventures. lol

2018050712_whistlepig_farmstock_2_original.png

~S~

Forum List

Back