Candace Owens Says Juneteenth Gives Black People 'Perpetual Victim Mentality'

except no one else shoots up the hood like blacks do when they celebrate and it als omakes thme hypocrites. lets erase it from everything but celebrate it our selves. ugh.;
Whites do.

I'm black. I know a whole lot of black folks from accross the country who don't.

But that still doesn't remove the fact that blacks were neither free or independent on 7-4-1776.
We celebrate the USA freedom from British rule. There are a lot of black people who celebrate the holiday.

We celebrate the USA freedom from British rule. There are a lot of black people who celebrate the holiday.
Disabled people also do not have to celebrate the fact that they have much less help then disabled people in Canada, Australia, and NZ.

I have no ancestors who were even on this continent in 1776, and yet as an American I am proud of the nation those Founders created, as "we" all should be.

Astute foreigners, even if they "hate" American politics and political activity today, uniformly admire the United States for what it is: a nation founded on the principle of personal freedom, where we have a Constitution setting forth the rights of the People and placing limits on the GOVERNMENT. No other nation in the world has such an arrangement.

Any Black American who resents and does not celebrate the 4th of July is a fool. GTFO.

What does this have to do with the topic?
I am sorry.

The question was celebration of American Independence. My point is that American Independence from Britain has hurt many people. One class of people hurt by American Independence are people with disability. They get help in Canada, Australia, and NZ, but not USA.

Many Jewish Holidays are based on events where some group or another tried to destroy us ... and failed. In every case, these are groups that no longer exists. Egyptians, Persians, Romans, and Nazis, have all be relegated to History's dustbins so a remembrance of their cruelties is both salving and inspiring.

But, what are the effects of observing a defeat where the enemy is still very much alive and you still perceive them to be a threat. Such an observance cannot have any restorative value. It can only give rise to resentments and further inflame the divide between those groups.

I'm not 100% certain what Juneteenth observance is meant to accomplish.

Forum List

Back