Can You Still Support the Death Penalty Knowing an Innocent Man Was Executed?

liberalism says- millions of innocent dead babies good (for no reason other than convenience and selfishness)

liberalism says- killing (justice) a criminal after found guilty is bad. In one DAY more innocent babies are killed than ALL the death penalty criminals put together. Yet they try to compare the two like they are the same!

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

But you can't defend the death penalty just because abortion is legal without being a hypocrite as well. You're either pro-life or you're not, if you want to lump the two issues together.

I trust the state to do many things right.

Managing my personal health care is not one of them, but, having served on juries, I trust the jury system to deliver justice.

You must not have heard about the Innocence Project.

Also, I have sat on a jury a few times. The last time I managed to sway the jury to render a not guilty verdict for a man who was clearly guilty, but I used my right to jury nullification and convinced others to do the same.
So you are bragging you got a guilty man off, and want to lecture us on something?

Just pointing out that the jury system is not all its cracked up to be. And I didn't think this guy should go to prison over a brick of weed.
Even at the Federal level, death penalty is more expensive because of legal fees.

Then the fix is to streamline the process, not to get rid of the punishment. I would suggest ONE appeal. If the SCOTUS turns it down or fails to overturn the conviction, the criminal gets offed 24 hours later. Quick, simple, less expensive, much better.

What you are talking about is eliminating due process and increasing the risk of innocent people being put to death.

It can be swift and certain and just.
  • Jimmy L. Glass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_L._Glass
    Jimmy
    L. Glass (c. 1962 – June 12, 1987) was an American convicted murderer, executed by the state of Louisiana. He is probably best known not for his crime, but as ...

Can be, doesn't mean it will be.

Tim McVeigh was executed pretty fast too, and I am not at all convinced that he was guilty, and certainly not the shot caller in that plot.
Note, the Army still hasn't executed the Muslim traitor that fragged his officers days before we went into Iraq.

My 18 year old neighbor's tent got holes in when the fragging took place, but, he was ok, did two tours, another brother did two, and a third brother did three.

All to watch Obama piss it away.

liberalism says- millions of innocent dead babies good (for no reason other than convenience and selfishness)

liberalism says- killing (justice) a criminal after found guilty is bad. In one DAY more innocent babies are killed than ALL the death penalty criminals put together. Yet they try to compare the two like they are the same!

But you can't defend the death penalty just because abortion is legal without being a hypocrite as well. You're either pro-life or you're not, if you want to lump the two issues together.
To a liberal, there is no right to life until convicted of a heinous capital crime.

You must not have heard about the Innocence Project.

Also, I have sat on a jury a few times. The last time I managed to sway the jury to render a not guilty verdict for a man who was clearly guilty, but I used my right to jury nullification and convinced others to do the same.
So you are bragging you got a guilty man off, and want to lecture us on something?

Just pointing out that the jury system is not all its cracked up to be. And I didn't think this guy should go to prison over a brick of weed.
Even at the Federal level, death penalty is more expensive because of legal fees.

Then the fix is to streamline the process, not to get rid of the punishment. I would suggest ONE appeal. If the SCOTUS turns it down or fails to overturn the conviction, the criminal gets offed 24 hours later. Quick, simple, less expensive, much better.

What you are talking about is eliminating due process and increasing the risk of innocent people being put to death.

It can be swift and certain and just.
  • Jimmy L. Glass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_L._Glass
    Jimmy
    L. Glass (c. 1962 – June 12, 1987) was an American convicted murderer, executed by the state of Louisiana. He is probably best known not for his crime, but as ...

Can be, doesn't mean it will be.

Tim McVeigh was executed pretty fast too, and I am not at all convinced that he was guilty, and certainly not the shot caller in that plot.
Note, the Army still hasn't executed the Muslim traitor that fragged his officers days before we went into Iraq.

My 18 year old neighbor's tent got holes in when the fragging took place, but, he was ok, did two tours, another brother did two, and a third brother did three.

All to watch Obama piss it away.

You don't really think Obama is any different than Bush do you? Two parties, one agenda. Endless war.

To a liberal, there is no right to life until convicted of a heinous capital crime.

And to a conservative jaywalkers should be executed on site lol.

And to a conservative jaywalkers should be executed on site lol.

what are you talking about?

I think, the answer is obvious.

The death penalty is just pointless. Think of the consequences of not putting a deserving person to the death penalty as opposed to putting an undeserving person to the death penalty. Combined with the high costs and the low effectiveness, it's no surprise that 88% of criminologists disagree with such a punishment.

Just for context ... Who is the innocent person executed you are talking about? I scanned the first few pages and didn't see a reference.

I think, the answer is obvious.

The death penalty is just pointless. Think of the consequences of not putting a deserving person to the death penalty as opposed to putting an undeserving person to the death penalty. Combined with the high costs and the low effectiveness, it's no surprise that 88% of criminologists disagree with such a punishment.

Just for context ... Who is the innocent person executed you are talking about? I scanned the first few pages and didn't see a reference.

There's been a few actually. Here is one...

Texas executes innocent man no one held accountable Station.6.Underground

People that don't trust the state to do anything right are nevertheless OK with them deciding who deserves to be executed.

Very odd.
I trust the state to do many things right.

Managing my personal health care is not one of them, but, having served on juries, I trust the jury system to deliver justice.
100% of the time?
There's never been a case of a jury trial that has resulted in an unfair conviction?
I'm afraid I don't share your faith.

It is not faith. It is either willful ignorance or pure delusion.

Dude...give it up. He is a full-on, no-shit psychopath.

I just really don't see any valid reason to have a death penalty in this day and age, and plenty of reasons why we should NOT have a death penalty. It doesn't deter crime, it doesn't save money, and it gets innocent people killed. Not to mention the hypocrisy of it all.

I just really don't see any valid reason to have a death penalty in this day and age, and plenty of reasons why we should NOT have a death penalty. It doesn't deter crime, it doesn't save money, and it gets innocent people killed. Not to mention the hypocrisy of it all.
As someone said earlier, it's all about vengeance which should have no part in a supposedly blind and impartial justice system.

Forum List

Back