CDZ Can You Picture Yourself Taking Another Person's Life?

Can You Picture Yourself Taking Another Person's Life?

• Yes

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
been there...now i know i would kill to protect myself and my son in a flippin heart beat....it is just like my father told me...decide when you will kill a man and do not back down...simply as that...i know the line that is not to be crossed and i know i have the nerves to do it...to protect myself and my family

As for me, I would not be able to hurt someone. Seriously. I could not possibly murder someone , because it would go completely against my moral standing. If you think the same, then why in 2013 - the latest year for which detailed statistics are available - there were 12,664 murders in the US. Of those, 8,583 were caused by firearms.

That's not what you asked. Question was, "can you picture yourself taking another person's life", not "are you capable of murder". Not every life taking is murder.

My family is the thing I cherish most in this world. If someone was to try and hurt them or take their lives, I'd probably take theirs, in case other solution isn't possible. That's the simplest truth.

Most people in the world will kill for their children. That's also a simple truth.

I believe 99% of people can take lives under extreme circumstances.
I don't think the percentage is that high.

I read a study somewhere that said a certain number of soldiers just miss even if it means dying.

They just cannot bring themselves to do it.

But most people would kill, yes, that is true.

No I can't picture it. but. If it came down me and my family threatened with harm

I believe I could take them out in a heartbeat

in 2013 - the latest year for which detailed statistics are available - there were 12,664 murders in the US. Of those, 8,583 were caused by firearms.
0 murders caused by firearms.
8583 murders caused by people

8583 = 0.00286% of the firearms in the US - thus...
99.99714% of the firearms in the US were NOT used to commit murder.

I can picture myself preventing someone from taking My Life, or the lives of my loved ones.

Interestingly enough I read this yesterday and thought "no".

This morning I experienced six young thugs (of at least three racial groups, so no discrimination here) abuse an elderly waitress in the coffee shop. Shouting filth loud enough that several patrons abandoned their breakfast and left (they did pay their bills). Watched two different couples with young children look for tables but upon seeing and hearing turned around and left.

Today I re-read the threader and reconsidered.

I'm a mother and there is a saying, the most dangerous place in the world is between a mother and her children.

Absolutely not. Never. No way. Under no circumstances. It's immoral.

Unless someone took all my scotch. Then yes.
You would actually wait for them to take it? Kudos on your self restraint.....

Of course if I saw them reaching in to take my Bunnahabhain 18, I'd fire away with reckless abandon.

I meant AFTER they took my scotch. Then I'd hunt them down to the ends of the earth.
Careful! You might hit the bottle! Wait 'til he puts it down!

As for me, I would not be able to hurt someone. Seriously. I could not possibly murder someone , because it would go completely against my moral standing. If you think the same, then why in 2013 - the latest year for which detailed statistics are available - there were 12,664 murders in the US. Of those, 8,583 were caused by firearms.

Why did you feel the need to mention statistics about murders committed with guns? Do you somehow believe that those murders would not have been committed if guns were banned? Why haven't you mentioned the fact that homicides committed with guns has been on the decline for the last 22 years? Why no mention of the fact that, as a percentage of all violent crime committed, firearm crimes run between 6-8%? ( Gun Violence National Institute of Justice ) You also fail to mention that the majority of these murders committed by gun were acts performed by individuals with criminal records, more often than not, violent records. You never mention that these same criminals who commit these murders with these guns are prevented, by law, from possessing guns...

Perhaps worst of all, you try to equate taking a life with murder when the reality is, they are two different things. When will you be honest about your ant-gun bias?

Could I take a life? If I truly felt that the safety and well being of me or any of my loved ones was in jeopardy, in a heartbeat and without a second thought.

Could I commit murder? The answer to that is an unequivocal no.
There were about 230 reported murders in the ENTIRE U.S.A.
(but almost everyone had a gun!)

The population was about 92M

Today it's about 320M
We should be having only 805 murders this year.

Last edited:

Yes I can. I have made it known to my family that I would lay down my life to protect my family. If someone tried to burglarize this house, I would snap their neck (because I am physically capable), or stove their head in with a baseball bat. I don't need a gun to kill someone. Would I commit murder? Nope. There is nothing right about senseless violence.

Until and unless you experience it firsthand, you cannot know -

- what you would do or what your reaction afterward would be.

I would like to see news follow up the many stories we read about people killing each other. I can guarantee you that most would wish they had never done it, never had to do it and have suffered mightily for the experience.

Those rub their hands together at the thought of bashing someone's head over the theft of a "THING" have no idea just how valuable human life really is.

Be careful what you wish for because believe me when I say, its not the way you thought it would be.

I would like to see news follow up the many stories we read about people killing each other. I can guarantee you that most would wish they had never done it, never had to do it and have suffered mightily for the experience.

Those rub their hands together at the thought of bashing someone's head over the theft of a "THING" have no idea just how valuable human life really is.

Be careful what you wish for because believe me when I say, its not the way you thought it would be.
That which I worked for and earned belongs to no one but me.
I don't rub my hands together at the thought of bashing someones head in for stealing from me.
But, if I catch someone stealing what I have worked for I don't consider it murder if I remove them from the gene pool.
A thief's life holds no value in my opinion.
If you think otherwise, may all the thieves choose your property to steal.

That which I worked for and earned belongs to no one but me.
I don't rub my hands together at the thought of bashing someones head in for stealing from me.
But, if I catch someone stealing what I have worked for I don't consider it murder if I remove them from the gene pool.
A thief's life holds no value in my opinion.
If you think otherwise, may all the thieves choose your property to steal.

I'll say it again - Until and unless it happens to you, you cannot know the reality of it.

I have, I needed to come to terms with the idea during my service in the Navy.

I couldn't murder for no reason though, I'm not cold enough to justify most things.

You robbing me? Take my shit, I have insurance.

You hurting my family? You are one dead pile of hurt that would wish I owned a gun instead of a knife collection

Forum List

Back