CDZ Can You Picture Yourself Taking Another Person's Life?

Can You Picture Yourself Taking Another Person's Life?

• Yes

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
As for me, I would not be able to hurt someone. Seriously. I could not possibly murder someone , because it would go completely against my moral standing. If you think the same, then why in 2013 - the latest year for which detailed statistics are available - there were 12,664 murders in the US. Of those, 8,583 were caused by firearms.
Murder and taking a life are not the same thing.

If I caught a person in my house, looting my stuff, I could kill him but it would not be murder.

It would not violate any moral precepts I have ever been taught.
homicide: self defense of property?

I don't get what's supposed to be scary about a slung rifle. Why does it occure to you that that's something to be worried about?

Carrying long guns into restaurants is what men do who mean to massacre everyone in the place. We have a lot of shooters who go to public places to shoot as many people as possible. I would have to assume that is what anyone who comes in armed is up to, and flee as fast as I could. In my opinion, the people doing this to make some kind of political statement are terrorists and should all be locked up.

Carrying long guns into restaurants is what men do who mean to massacre everyone in the place. We have a lot of shooters who go to public places to shoot as many people as possible.
I like to think I keep up with the news and am familiar with most of those shootings, but I don't recall the shooter having their rifle slung. They usualy have it in hand. The conection between a shooter holding a rifle and a reguler joe with rifle across the back isn't apperant.

I would have to assume that is what anyone who comes in armed is up to, and flee as fast as I could.
Armed...so not just with a rifle, but armed in any way?

In my opinion, the people doing this to make some kind of political statement are terrorists and should all be locked up.
Terrorism is an spicific kind of actual warfair. Someone carrying a rifle to rais awarnes that carrying a rifle is legal is not waging war.

homicide: self defense of property?
yeah killing to defend your property or something is ok

killing people to eat them is ok but litlle controversial, cannibalism causes diseases

killing for nothing is like living for nothing

Though a pacifist, as I like to say "I can't be a pacifist if I'm dead." So there's a line where my pacifism ends and defense begins. If someone's actively trying to do me harm or even take my life I'll respond in kind with a clear conscience. Rather avoid the need altogether by simply being aware of my surroundings, but avoidance or retreat isn't always an option.

I don't get what's supposed to be scary about a slung rifle. Why does it occure to you that that's something to be worried about?
Carrying long guns into restaurants is what men do who mean to massacre everyone in the place. We have a lot of shooters who go to public places to shoot as many people as possible. I would have to assume that is what anyone who comes in armed is up to, and flee as fast as I could. In my opinion, the people doing this to make some kind of political statement are terrorists and should all be locked up.
Ah. A hoplophobe.

Forum List

Back