Debate Now Can You Choose To Be Gay?

Is Homosexuality A Choice?

• Total voters
That's my question is it a genetic or conditioned behaviour or maybe a brain disorder caused by organic or other reasons?
Whatever the cause we dont have to embrace sexual disfunction (aka homosexuality and transgenderism) as normal behavior

Like any other behavior, even behaviors that our instincts say no to - you can learn to not only get past that ingrained resistance, but actually learn to like it. And in that sense - that person chose to be gay.
If they are sexually attracted to those of the same sex, there is no ingrained resistance. The only resistance would be from the outside.

If they are sexually attracted to those of the same sex, there is no ingrained resistance. The only resistance would be from the outside.
So little boys who allow themselves to be raped by a homosexual man were already homosexuals because of the homo birth defect gene?

I think in too many cases a person's gender identity and sexual preference is in some respects chosen for them, either intentionally or not. And IMHO that is unfortunate, I believe that each of us should make our own choices and everyone else ought to respect whatever that choice is.

No, it’s coercion of mentally damaged individuals by other mentally damaged individuals.

If a guy can look at another guy’s dick and get aroused, then chances are it’s not a choice.
NO-- though I am glad I can adduce your foul talk to connect this to perversion.
And by your always stupid logic if that same person were turned on by women , he, the pervert, has all the backing to say that morality doesn't apply in his case. Yet I can be normal and unperverted but start letting my fascination with my neighbor's spouse and any subsequent arousal frees me to be the shtty immoral dude that you so applaud.

Bottom Line for people like you: A promiscuous perverted gay is off the hook because he really likes being that way but other people can't do what they 'want' because for a straight massive promiscuity is wrong.

Glad to see your foulness so out in the open .

NO-- though I am glad I can adduce your foul talk to connect this to perversion.
And by your always stupid logic if that same person were turned on by women , he, the pervert, has all the backing to say that morality doesn't apply in his case. Yet I can be normal and unperverted but start letting my fascination with my neighbor's spouse and any subsequent arousal frees me to be the shtty immoral dude that you so applaud.

Bottom Line for people like you: A promiscuous perverted gay is off the hook because he really likes being that way but other people can't do what they 'want' because for a straight massive promiscuity is wrong.

Glad to see your foulness so out in the open .
Your small-mindedness and silly, magic-based bigotry is FAR more foul.

Whatever the cause we dont have to embrace sexual disfunction (aka homosexuality and transgenderism) as normal behavior
Any sexual proclivity can be a perversion so don't exclude homosexuality. Maybe if you tried necrophilia (hey, because nothing is perverted, you say) and then were hooked you would call it "just the way I am" but many perversions are just that...I only wanted to do light drugs, I had extra money and I won at the track, I eat when I'm depressed.

Gay by my lights is almost always flat out perversion. I leave open that somebody may have been raped by a gay and that set them on lifelong disequilibrium

The immaturity of gays, the promiscuity, the lack of responsibility all argue for some aberrant disorder in the whole thing

I can only go by my personal observations of others. I would have to say no it is not a choice. When a lady friend of mine discovered she was sexually attracted to women at the age of 14 she tried to commit suicide. When two schoolmates of mine teen boys discovered they were attracted to males they succeeded in committing suicide. So I would have to say it its not a choice. Is it genetic or a conditioned behavior caused by the environment? I don't know.
I agree, I've had friends who were Gay who had similar experiences to what you described. Who knows why.

Bringing this up because it came up in another topic. I have only one rule. Absolutely NO bashing anybody of the LGBT community (this doesn't include the sin of homosexuality itself) as this isn't what this discussion is about. Me personally, I think sexual preferences are a choice since I chose not to be a creep and attracted to children or animals, but feel free to discuss. (Oh and for the record obviously you choose to be Transgender.)
You chose the first drug, the bad company, the loose woman, the crowd that wants to commit a crime. Yes, homosexuality MUST be a choice because nothing forces promicuity. Oh, you can excuse promiscuity by saying I can't help being gay. But that is the lie that should tip you off.

Bringing this up because it came up in another topic. I have only one rule. Absolutely NO bashing anybody of the LGBT community (this doesn't include the sin of homosexuality itself) as this isn't what this discussion is about. Me personally, I think sexual preferences are a choice since I chose not to be a creep and attracted to children or animals, but feel free to discuss. (Oh and for the record obviously you choose to be Transgender.)
Any indulged perverson can get a hold of your soul AND DOES.

When you act out some demented sexual perversion you LOSE choice, maybe much , maybe little, maybe all

YOu don't dabble in bestiality or necrophilia without becoming someone disgusting

The only way to know is for you to try it and see.

Give it a shot and come back to let us know how it went after a few months.
Dabbling in perversion can confirm you in perversion.All life tells you this.
The first time you shoplift, or try a strong drug, or act the pervert -- can be the last really free time you do those things.

Things like gambling show this to be a universal trait.

The only way to know is for you to try it and see.

Give it a shot and come back to let us know how it went after a few months.
The only way to know if you would enjoy murder is to kill a few people. Try it and let us know how you feel about it in a couple of months.

Forum List

Back