Can you be religious yet rational?

There are many things about religions I like, such as their goal of encouraging good behavior, spirituality and so on ... but I'm somewhat annoyed when people hold obviously irrational religious beliefs. Lately, I kind of angered a friend when I involuntarily made fun of him claiming he believes in demons "because the Bible says they exist". I felt kind of sorry about that.

I know Christians who practize their faith in a very rational manner, but they don't take every word of the Bible literally. "Don't confuse the Bible with a history book, it's not about historical or scientific accuracy, but about moral and spiritual truths", they say. "It's not God's word, it's a collection of stories written by humans who explain their experiences with God." Fair deal.

Nevertheless, many Christians see it differently and often get in fights with atheists, who turn it into a battle of "science vs. religion". Atheists make fun of Christians who irrationally believe in supernatural phenomena like miracles, angles, spirits, demons and so on -- or a personified, anthropomorphic God. They point to beliefs that obviously contradict scientific evidence, such as creationism.

So, is it possible? Can you truly be rational, respect science, yet be a true believer?

What do you think?
A significant percentage of scientists are religious. Some scientist believe in a higher power, spirit or intelligent designer. Obviously many scientists do not believe in a higher power that created or designed the universe.

1633683124781.gif

The reason I believe in God is science. While in a biology class in high school and studying at the structure of a leaf I decided it was too complex to have simply evolved on its own.

As time has passed I have learned a lot more about science and still believe in God. Evolution just doesn’t always joccur gradually. Often it seems directed and occurs in brief spurts.

Recently scientists have been saying DNA is a code. If so who wrote that code.

So in my opinion we either have a superior intelligence or god or a bunch of space aliens are directing the development of our planet (or both).

Right-wing Evangelical Fundamentalism claims to "go back to roots of Christianity." In fact, the "literal" (i.e., the earth was created in seven literal days) reading of the Bible was invented in the 19th century. Few fundamentalists care about the early church, the Gospels, the Catholic traditions, Augustine, Arian heresies, encyclicals and councils. Rather, they blend Southern Conservatism, bastardized Protestantism, some Pauline doctrine, gross nationalism and a heavy dose of naive anti-intellectualism for a peculiar American strain of bullshit. As Reverend Cornel West has noted, "the fundamentalist Christians want to be fundamental about everything, except 'love thy neighbor.'"

There are many things about religions I like, such as their goal of encouraging good behavior, spirituality and so on ... but I'm somewhat annoyed when people hold obviously irrational religious beliefs. Lately, I kind of angered a friend when I involuntarily made fun of him claiming he believes in demons "because the Bible says they exist". I felt kind of sorry about that.

I know Christians who practize their faith in a very rational manner, but they don't take every word of the Bible literally. "Don't confuse the Bible with a history book, it's not about historical or scientific accuracy, but about moral and spiritual truths", they say. "It's not God's word, it's a collection of stories written by humans who explain their experiences with God." Fair deal.

Nevertheless, many Christians see it differently and often get in fights with atheists, who turn it into a battle of "science vs. religion". Atheists make fun of Christians who irrationally believe in supernatural phenomena like miracles, angles, spirits, demons and so on -- or a personified, anthropomorphic God. They point to beliefs that obviously contradict scientific evidence, such as creationism.

So, is it possible? Can you truly be rational, respect science, yet be a true believer?

What do you think?

Atheists make fun of Christians who irrationally believe in supernatural phenomena like miracles, angles, spirits, demons and so on -- or a personified, anthropomorphic God. They point to beliefs that obviously contradict scientific evidence, such as creationism.

There is no scientific evidence to support any creationism or for that matter, not a word of any holy book on earth.

Science doesn't waste time on that rubbish when only a small portion of the universe has been discovered so far.

So when you speak of rationality amongst believers and we know the facts about silly gods etc, the two words are an oxymoron.

I have yet to have a Christian speak to this link.

That is why I can know for a fact that they are not following their moral sense, holding their noses and choosing to let their filthy religion ride.

Regards
DL

No one would have died had the Pharaoh considered the words of Moses, letting people go. God wanted people to be free. That is evil? Satan says: Hey - God. The Pharaoh has a hard heart, just like me. I am death. Let me bring death. He is serving me, who is death.

No one would have died had the Pharaoh considered the words of Moses, letting people go. God wanted people to be free. That is evil? Satan says: Hey - God. The Pharaoh has a hard heart, just like me. I am death. Let me bring death. He is serving me, who is death.

· Three times Yahweh declares that he will harden Pharaoh’s heart (Ex. 4:21; 7:3; 14:4). Six times Yahweh actually hardens Pharaoh’s heart (Ex. 9:12; 10:1; 10:20; 10:27; 11:10; 14:8). Seven times the hardening is expressed as a divine passive with Yahweh as the implied subject, i.e., Pharaoh’s heart “was hardened” by Yahweh (Ex. 7:13; 7:14; 7:22; 8:19; 9:7; 9:35; 14:5).

Atheists make fun of Christians who irrationally believe in supernatural phenomena like miracles, angles, spirits, demons and so on -- or a personified, anthropomorphic God. They point to beliefs that obviously contradict scientific evidence, such as creationism.

There is no scientific evidence to support any creationism or for that matter, not a word of any holy book on earth.

Science doesn't waste time on that rubbish when only a small portion of the universe has been discovered so far.

So when you speak of rationality amongst believers and we know the facts about silly gods etc, the two words are an oxymoron.
Satan the accuser is heard as much as Satan is heard by Pat Roberson and the other church preachers. The Unseen Father did not preach to the lost in Satan's prison, in the manner that those people talk. Those preachers belong in Satan's prison. They make people who don't talk like the Master, making people to be twice the children of hell, or twice the children of death.

· Three times Yahweh declares that he will harden Pharaoh’s heart (Ex. 4:21; 7:3; 14:4). Six times Yahweh actually hardens Pharaoh’s heart (Ex. 9:12; 10:1; 10:20; 10:27; 11:10; 14:8). Seven times the hardening is expressed as a divine passive with Yahweh as the implied subject, i.e., Pharaoh’s heart “was hardened” by Yahweh (Ex. 7:13; 7:14; 7:22; 8:19; 9:7; 9:35; 14:5).
People who are against me will have a hard heart. That will change when Jesus comes in. The Pharaoh did not allow the Unseen Father to come into his mind, even as Lucifer not allowing God's Spirit to came into Lucifer's mind. God has power to give life. People don't have that power. Look at yourselves with what humans have done to each other.

Last edited:

There is no truth in Pat Robertson. Only complaining. Satan complains about what people do, and what all life does, vexing people with filthy communication, teaching people nothing.

Pat: what happened with you not saying that we are the human race, having one Father God, who is Jesus, who is one with the Unseen Father God? That is the truth. Everything except saving truth exists your mouth.
Pat Robertson gives Satan's view of things. Jesus will say: that makes me want to throw up?
Everyone knows that Jesus will not say that.
Divided against himself Pat with wife beating says some should be done. Pat, the stoner.
People will not say islamophobia when people are decapitated and eaten, as if they were a chicken. People will morn wishing they considered the warnings of others.
It makes sense to terrify people not allowing them to be as nude as they were when they were born?
Doors will be stupid in a clothing optional world. A door fools a person into thinking God does not see them, when they hide from the eyes of people.
Haitians are Muslims wanting to find an excuse to come here, to eventually over run everyone, rulling with Satan's law, that is worse that our ungodly fear giving law.
Pat talks, and talks, with no loving scripture coming out of his mouth.
Satan wants us to starve to death convinsing the world to use money. We cannot eat money. We eat God's gifts. God is a gift give. Satan taught Pat, and the world to want money. Don't have money? Pat Robertson says: die, I don't care. We don't have Christs teaching in use because of this. The church hates those teachings, and the Bible itself, as much as any Muslim.

Last edited:
I am not sure what you mean, by preserved, but not in a respectful way in a huge sense.

Christian misogyny had Satan as female.

In a naturalistic religion, this makes sense, but that is not what Christianity has become. It forgot it's more intelligent past, before stupid supernatural belief.

View attachment 539638

Regards
DL
That is a false misleading painting. Adam and Eve had a rob of light on them before they fell. The saved will get that rob of light back. The saved will have a body like unto Christs glorious body. The serpent was a colorful creature, when the gold and gem covered fallen Lucifer, merged with the serpent. The sepent had legs, wings or both. What is depicted is what the serpent looked like after it was cursed by God. Adam did not point, saying, I want that one. Eve gave fruit to Adam, and he did eat. Adam was comfortable in the presence of Satan, in Eves mind. The serpent was not half human. That is not the case today.

I have yet to have a Christian speak to this link.

That is why I can know for a fact that they are not following their moral sense, holding their noses and choosing to let their filthy religion ride.

Regards
DL

People who are against me will have a hard heart. That will change when Jesus comes in. The Pharaoh did not allow the Unseen Father to come into his mind, even as Lucifer not allowing God's Spirit to came into Lucifer's mind. God has power to give life. People don't have that power. Look at yourselves with what humans have done to each other.
I can tell by how a person talks. The narrator of the video does not have Jesus in his mind. The accuser is talking. Jesus did not, and will speak in the manner of the person on this video. The adversary will talk like the person on the video. We need to consider how we talk.
God did not drown peacful loving people. God drowned violent people who thought they were rich and increased with goods, having need of nothing. They thought like Satan who is independent of God.
Ezekiel 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.
What happened between God, Abraham, and Isaack will not happen again. God is a life giver. Satan was not talking to Abraham. The unseen Fathwer gave the physical form of God to us. People pierced him. God gave his only son, who was the Physical form of God acquiring blood, when he was born, like we are born. All that is would not be, had Eve obeyed God not going to a spesific tree. The same had Adam not eaten of fruit, that he should not have eaten. Know the voice of God. The military has people to march to their death. The military is praised. People who don't have money are seen as trash. Abortion is rationalized away. Money makes people to think that death is good. You can accuse God of evil?
Amalekites were loveless killers. They were not like Jesus. That is fore sure. You want people like that to live?

2 Peter 2:7-8: 7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:​

8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

Genesis 19:9 And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door." The worse that Sodomites wanted to do to Lot, had nothing to do with sex. The defiled religious people wanted to know if the two beings in Lots house was like them, of not. The beings in Lots house were not like the violent people outside Lots house. zoophilia and pedophilia people are treated in the same way. Nude people are not like clothed people, to a sodomite. Church leaders are lying to people.​

Satan wants all of us to be dead.​

God gently set the stars in the universe. Genisis 1:17. Satan destroyed them when that being was chosen as our master. Set will not make black holes.
Gnostics saw Satan in the church.
Galatians 5:13 - For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another." Romans 12:10 - Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;" God did not kill people who were like this.
Animals without blemish represented Jesus who was as meek and lowly as the animals, without blemish. Human sacrafice is a lie.
Hell is where roots are, under the ground. Wicked will become a part of the earth becoming ashes forever.

Malachi 4:3“And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.” Jesdus would have remained in the tomb, or hell, had Jesus sinned. The Unseen Father, instead of preaching to the lost in Satan's prison, would have been in Satan's prison, unable to raise Jesus up from the dead.​

1 Peter 3:19-20: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;​

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
This person is admitting to talk like satan.

Revelation 12:10“And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.”​

8:24: you are right. The church has turned God's word into a lie.

Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.​

That made people to kill calling it sweet, even as Christs enemies, wanting Jesus to be dead, calling it sweet. They that do that are born of fornication, needing to be born again. Christs enemies thought they were not born of fornication, being born of fornication, by reason of what they wanted to do.​

Romans 1:29-32: 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,​

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,​

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:​

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.​

Jesus, who had the the Unseen Father talking through him, is not your accusations.​

Jamie's 1:26 - 27 is main stream religion? The church indeed does turn God's word into a lie, making people think that religon is many.​

We have life, and death. There is light, and there is dark. That is crazy? That is how it is. The two unseen beings exist, too.​

It is not immoral to fuck somthing. It is not immoral to suck, whatever. It is not immoral to be nude. It is not immoral to ask, to them receive. The church made those reasonable, natural things to be bad, taking God's name in vain.​

Satan the accuser is heard as much as Satan is heard by Pat Roberson and the other church preachers. The Unseen Father did not preach to the lost in Satan's prison, in the manner that those people talk. Those preachers belong in Satan's prison. They make people who don't talk like the Master, making people to be twice the children of hell, or twice the children of death.

Youre insane my friend. You need help.

God has power to give life. People don't have that power.
We humans can reproduce true, while your genocidal prick of a god can only produce a half breed chimera.

A human has more actual power than your invisible friends and most of are not nearly as immoral as the prick you adore.

Regards
DL

We humans can reproduce true, while your genocidal prick of a god can only produce a half breed chimera.

A human has more actual power than your invisible friends and most of are not nearly as immoral as the prick you adore.

Regards
DL
The power to reproduce is a power that was given to us. We did not come into the world being its, with people needing to fix us in order for us to reproduce. We are not coming into the world altered needing to be made complete.. We don't have testicle, vagina, uterus, overy, boob, and penis factories making parts to transplant onto humans and whatever life. We come out with people saying male or female. Some come out with both.

Last edited:
Moralism is just that....it is moralism.
That isn't Christianity.

Where Christianity may contain morality it isn't the whole substance of it.
Christianity is based on the scriptural account of the life and works of Jesus. Not just a portion but the whole of it.

Because Jesus is ALIVE...He currently holds ALL authority in Heaven and Earth. He has personal relationships with those who believe in him.

If you don't know Him, I highly recommend not using the name. He kinda gets upset about slandering his identity. Well the whole universe actually is the one getting upset
...He is the one trying to keep you alive...don't give Him a reason to stop eh? Even if you don't want to be one of Jesus' sycophants.

The power to reproduce is a power that was given to us. We did not come into the world being its, with people needing to fix us in order for us to reproduce. We are not coming into the world altered needing to be made complete.. We don't have testicle, vagina, uterus, overy, boob, and penis factories making parts to transplant onto humans and whatever life. We come out with people saying male or female. Some come out with both.
Whatever.

We are still way more powerful than your genocidal prick.

Power aside, why do you like Hitler types?

Armageddon is genocide with a nice Jesus doing the killing instead of the curing.

Christians will applaud, but not moral ones.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back