Can you be religious yet rational?

It's my observation that most people who see themselves as moral aren't. It's the dunning effect thingee.

Your way of observing is retarded, but anytime you find the balls to advocate for the Christian theology from a moral standpoint, I am here for all of you moral cowards.

Pick your issue from you sucking on Jesus' dick for salvation to your love of a genocidal moral monster.

Regards
DL

They were Christian fascists and wore God is with us on their belt buckles.

They would not want a symbol that shows Loyal Opposition.

Fascist systems do not allow for any real opposition.

Black sheeple are slaughtered first.
By the way, in christianity this symbol was preserved, though only as a "polytheistic" heritage, like many other revered saints. This is Saint George,
i

and besides, there are these motives in the image of a leviathan

So now that we've firmly established who actually is knowledgeable on the subject at hand...

Most of the nutty stuff in horrible accusations and in favor of the religious beliefs are actually those who are acting in complete ignorance.
I have yet to have a Christian speak to this link.

That is why I can know for a fact that they are not following their moral sense, holding their noses and choosing to let their filthy religion ride.

Regards
DL

So, is it possible? Can you truly be rational, respect science, yet be a true believer?

Are there not men of science, rational men who introduced most of our greatest scientific discoveries and laws? Did they really believe or were they forced to say they did, and how would we know what really happened? Some were indeed forced to recant certain statements about God and the Catholic Church, but all of them? I don't think so.

At the end of the day, we just don't really know anything about God. There's no proof either way, and no real logic either IMHO. But I see no reason to crap on anyone else for whatever their viewpoint is on the subject, whether it makes any sense to you or not. Where's the skin off your nose, no matter what he/she believes?

By the way, in christianity this symbol was preserved, though only as a "polytheistic" heritage, like many other revered saints. This is Saint George,
i

and besides, there are these motives in the image of a leviathan
I am not sure what you mean, by preserved, but not in a respectful way in a huge sense.

Christian misogyny had Satan as female.

In a naturalistic religion, this makes sense, but that is not what Christianity has become. It forgot it's more intelligent past, before stupid supernatural belief.

expultion.jpg

Regards
DL

I have yet to have a Christian speak to this link.

That is why I can know for a fact that they are not following their moral sense, holding their noses and choosing to let their filthy religion ride.

Regards
DL

Because it's outlandish and disrespectful by just the title alone.

Meaning you just want to argue...and nobody really wants to engage with you because of that...what's the point?

I am not sure what you mean, by preserved,
When the church came to other nations, it left the old attributes, changing its meaning. There are many such eastern atavisms. For the first time, the cult of revered saints was introduced by the Zoroastrians, they had the Yazygs, the old Aryan gods, who began to obey Ahura Mazda. The Christians did the same.

Almost all the epithets of Yahweh's opponents carry the semantics of the ancient heavenly gods. Satan apparently descended from Set, the sun god of Egypt, Lucifer means the luminiferous, the "Devil" comes from heaven's aryan "Dev". The horned image of the devil is copied from Saman, the Celtic analogue of the heavenly god of the Aryans in the form of a bull, the good god of the Celts.
And the opposite is also true. "God" from "Hades", underground serpentine king, Slavic version of "Bog" is also identical to Sanskrit "Bhoga"(Serpent)
Ridiculous, you seem to be chasing ghosts and phantasms.

Ridiculous, you seem to be chasing ghosts and phantasms.
There cannot be so many coincidences by chance. In any case, the inversion of the horned god Saman is an exact fact, it was written by a scientist who studied the culture of medieval witches, it was their god

This is all indirectly confirmed by the fact that Christian rhetoric has always been directed against astronomy, they burned scientists studying the sky and their works, and in general, the Abrahamic religions pay very little attention to heavenly issues.

To be precise, 31% of Christians take the Bible literally, down from 38% in the 1970s when there was a big Evangelical push that everyone take the Bible literally. Fact: Over 60% of Christians never took the Bible literally. What I find irrational is atheists arguing with a minority belief over stories instead of philosophies.

Wouldn't it be more rational for atheists to argue over the philosophies--i.e., the Ten Commandments, the Beatitudes, Wisdom, etc.? Also, most Biblical references to Satan (HaSatan) reference temptation or a Tempter. In other words, in most cases, temptation is personified. Both in the desert and with Peter, Jesus insisted that these temptations get behind him.

I have read enough current studies on possession that there do seem to be rare cases of demon possession. The interesting part of these various studies make the observation that in the rare, true cases the person does, in some way, invite Satan (or demon) to enter within.

What is irrational for atheists disdaining Bible stories is that they never see past the setting to the purpose--which is the lessons or moral--of that story. They argue with the minority, truly a case of the blind leading the blind.
The Bible says that Satan appeared to Jesus and tempted Him, such as Satan said turn these stones into bread. Then Satan took Jesus to the top of the Temple, and dared him to jump off. That was not a philosophic debate, it was a struggle between two living being.

The way that that you have described it, vitiates any power.

This is all indirectly confirmed by the fact that Christian rhetoric has always been directed against astronomy, they burned scientists studying the sky and their works, and in general, the Abrahamic religions pay very little attention to heavenly issues.
I love to think about the stars, and astronomy is a great science, where in the world did you come up with that?

I love to think about the stars, and astronomy is a great science, where in the world did you come up with that?
there is a lot of evidence of this, read, for example, about the burning of the Alexandrian library and killing the astronomer Hypatia

Nope... mandarin is Fairly old but it's a "johnny come lately" by comparison.

At any rate China and Egypt weren't exactly buddies either. They didn't know about each other.

When the Hebrews/Apiru started their own written language it was the trendiest and most novel thing for any nation to do. Considered to be a waste of time and resources by most cultures.

But nobody writes Egyptian or Phonetian today. Hebrew is the national language of Israel. And Farci today bears no resemblance to Aramaic. Just saying.

Follow the direction of reading...left to right or right to left....it all centers on Israel.
I'm talking about the written language developed by the first Chinese dynasty about 4000 years ago.

Your way of observing is retarded, but anytime you find the balls to advocate for the Christian theology from a moral standpoint, I am here for all of you moral cowards.

Pick your issue from you sucking on Jesus' dick for salvation to your love of a genocidal moral monster.

Regards
DL
You see yourself as moral, right?

And you believe you are better than Christians too, right?

I'm talking about the written language developed by the first Chinese dynasty about 4000 years ago.
Egyptian wasn't the first but it's around 6,000 years old...Hebrew is around 5600 years old.

Because it's outlandish and disrespectful by just the title alone.

Meaning you just want to argue...and nobody really wants to engage with you because of that...what's the point?

Why even feed the demonic little troll?

I drip with anti-Christian hate when I see them preaching for homophobia and misogyny, while the law of the land seeks to have equality for all.

If you do not hate them for that, you are not much of a moral person.

Regards
DL
Misogyny is a lie

as for homosexuals, its not just Christians who think homos are sick people

and that goes double for transgenders

Yes, a man can be both rational and religious.
Having said that, I believe that our rationality is little more than a thin veneer. There is a deeper part among even the best of us that is highly irrational. We love thinking of ourselves as being logical, rational, thinking human beings. Consider the girl you fell for. Was it logical or rational? Most of what we are is simply not rational. Take a look at almost all of the political discussions on this board. Are any of them rational?
Rationality has never been an enemy of religion. It does help us to understand it.

Forum List

Back