Can we remake plastic into a rocket fuel?

teodor88

May 12, 2021
Have you heard about the new special type of rocket fuel that is made from plastic waste? One company uses particular kinds of plastic to remake them in rocket fuel

I heard they were using them to hold fuel last week in the East due to a pipeline shutdown...
I`ve heard only about the test of this kind of fuel. This test has shown that the new type of rocket fuel ( remade of plastic )is 1% - 3% better than kerosene by its energy characteristics.

Have you heard about the new special type of rocket fuel that is made from plastic waste? One company uses particular kinds of plastic to remake them in rocket fuel
Plastic is made from crude oil so it is possible. Does not mean that the idea makes sense

That said rocket fuel made from plastic is really made from crude oil

Last edited:
Plastic is made from crude oil so it is possible. Does not mean that the idea makes sense

I wanna add that the type of the rocket fuel I`ve mentioned can be remade only from particular types of plastic.The following types of plastic can be converted into ecosene fuel: Polypropylene (PP). Polyester (PE). Polystyrene (PS) and their mixtures and analogs

I wanna add that the type of the rocket fuel I`ve mentioned can be remade only from particular types of plastic.The following types of plastic can be converted into ecosene fuel: Polypropylene (PP). Polyester (PE). Polystyrene (PS) and their mixtures and analogs
Again since all of the plastic types that you mentioned are made from crude oil so can the fuel that you are mentioning. It's all a matter of the type of processing used

I like the fact that the new type of rocket fuel has a great test result. The test has shown that the new type of rocket fuel ( remade of plastic )is 1% - 3% better than kerosene by its energy characteristics. I wonder if it`s possible to use such kind of fuel in long space journeys?

Forum List

Back