Can We Be Fooled Into Being Frightened Today?

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
The answer is an overwhelming, "Yes!"

I thought of this subject because of how atheists believe Christians and religious people are fearful of Satan and other evils, but so are the atheists fearful of God with their disbelief. Furthermore, I just started enjoying watching old, old, old horror movies such as Psycho 1960 and House on Haunted Hill 1959 in glorious HD. Each has their own gimmicks, but one has become a tried and true classic worthy of awards. The other is campy fun.

It led me to looking up up the science behind fear and I found an article that states, "Fear is an adaptive behavior that we have to help identify threats. It is an ability that has allowed us as humans to survive predators and natural disasters."

Innate Fears
"We are born with only two innate fears: the fear of falling and the fear of loud sounds.

A 1960 study evaluated depth perception among 6- to14-month-old infants, as well as young animals. Researchers placed the subjects on a platform that had plexiglass just beyond its edge to it to see how many of the subjects would actually step over the "visual cliff." Most of the subjects -- both children and animals -- didn't go "over" and step out on to the plexiglass. The fear of falling is an instinct necessary for the survival of many species.

When you hear loud sounds, you most likely will react with a fight or flight type response. It's called "your acoustic startle reflex," said Seth Norrholm, a translational neuroscientist at Emory University. Norrholm explained that if a sound is loud enough "you're going to duck down your head. Loud noises typically means startling. That circuitry is innate." It's a response we have, that signals something dangerous may be around the corner."

Learned Fears
"Most fear is learned. Spiders, snakes, the dark -- these are called natural fears, developed at a young age, influenced by our environment and culture. So a young child isn't automatically scared of spiders, but builds on cues from his parents. "You get evidence from your parents and your environment that you need to be scared of these things," said Norrholm.

While the fear itself is learned, though, humans seem to be predisposed to fear certain things like spiders and snakes because of evolution. "Back in our ancestral age ... young children learned not to pick up snakes and spiders because they're venomous," said Norrholm.

In fact, studies have found that when asked to pick out spiders and snakes from a collection of pictures, both preschoolers and adults react more quickly than when asked to pick out non-threatening items -- like flowers -- from the same collection. That's believed to happen because of the bias we have carried toward them throughout time.

As we get older, fears are developed because of association. Norrholm compares it to a combat veteran who survives an encounter with an IED that was hidden in a shopping bag. If that vet is redeployed and sees another shopping bag, "he has a fight or flight response. Here, an association has been made between the cue and the fear outcome."

It's the same exact response a child has to scary Halloween decorations. "It's about context," said Norrholm. A young child may not know that a skeleton is a scary, until his parents say over and over how skeleton decorations are spooky."

It explains why young children and teens are attracted and repelled by horror and scary stimulus.

Fear is something that we humans and animals have in order to help us survive. God gave us that. We all aren't going to want to fight each time to see which of us is the fittest. Most of the time, we'll run away.

The topic of fear intrigues us because we enjoy watching other exhibiting their fears and I suppose we enjoy being scared ourselves as long as it doesn't lead to injury or death. It's fun when we realize how we were fooled. I think even today we can fooled with superstition, old scary tales told in a new way, or other gimmicks or tricks to think we are being threatened.

I think atheists are the ones more easily fooled because they supposedly do not believe in God, but do not have the evidence of no God/gods so could think they are doomed if they are wrong. The atheists may think the believers are the ones being foolish, but their end result is reward and not punishment.

I thought of this subject because of how atheists believe Christians and religious people are fearful of Satan and other evils, but so are the atheists fearful of God with their disbelief. Furthermore, I just started enjoying watching old, old, old horror movies such as Psycho 1960 and House on Haunted Hill 1959 in glorious HD. Each has their own gimmicks, but one has become a tried and true classic worthy of awards. The other is campy fun.

It led me to looking up up the science behind fear and I found an article that states, "Fear is an adaptive behavior that we have to help identify threats. It is an ability that has allowed us as humans to survive predators and natural disasters."

Innate Fears
"We are born with only two innate fears: the fear of falling and the fear of loud sounds.

A 1960 study evaluated depth perception among 6- to14-month-old infants, as well as young animals. Researchers placed the subjects on a platform that had plexiglass just beyond its edge to it to see how many of the subjects would actually step over the "visual cliff." Most of the subjects -- both children and animals -- didn't go "over" and step out on to the plexiglass. The fear of falling is an instinct necessary for the survival of many species.

When you hear loud sounds, you most likely will react with a fight or flight type response. It's called "your acoustic startle reflex," said Seth Norrholm, a translational neuroscientist at Emory University. Norrholm explained that if a sound is loud enough "you're going to duck down your head. Loud noises typically means startling. That circuitry is innate." It's a response we have, that signals something dangerous may be around the corner."

Learned Fears
"Most fear is learned. Spiders, snakes, the dark -- these are called natural fears, developed at a young age, influenced by our environment and culture. So a young child isn't automatically scared of spiders, but builds on cues from his parents. "You get evidence from your parents and your environment that you need to be scared of these things," said Norrholm.

While the fear itself is learned, though, humans seem to be predisposed to fear certain things like spiders and snakes because of evolution. "Back in our ancestral age ... young children learned not to pick up snakes and spiders because they're venomous," said Norrholm.

In fact, studies have found that when asked to pick out spiders and snakes from a collection of pictures, both preschoolers and adults react more quickly than when asked to pick out non-threatening items -- like flowers -- from the same collection. That's believed to happen because of the bias we have carried toward them throughout time.

As we get older, fears are developed because of association. Norrholm compares it to a combat veteran who survives an encounter with an IED that was hidden in a shopping bag. If that vet is redeployed and sees another shopping bag, "he has a fight or flight response. Here, an association has been made between the cue and the fear outcome."

It's the same exact response a child has to scary Halloween decorations. "It's about context," said Norrholm. A young child may not know that a skeleton is a scary, until his parents say over and over how skeleton decorations are spooky."

It explains why young children and teens are attracted and repelled by horror and scary stimulus.

Fear is something that we humans and animals have in order to help us survive. God gave us that. We all aren't going to want to fight each time to see which of us is the fittest. Most of the time, we'll run away.

The topic of fear intrigues us because we enjoy watching other exhibiting their fears and I suppose we enjoy being scared ourselves as long as it doesn't lead to injury or death. It's fun when we realize how we were fooled. I think even today we can fooled with superstition, old scary tales told in a new way, or other gimmicks or tricks to think we are being threatened.

I think atheists are the ones more easily fooled because they supposedly do not believe in God, but do not have the evidence of no God/gods so could think they are doomed if they are wrong. The atheists may think the believers are the ones being foolish, but their end result is reward and not punishment.

Atheists, in my experience, do not exist. Cliché perhaps, however, I served in the Army with many fellow soldiers who claimed to be ardent atheists when in fact they were one and all disgruntled Christians or non-religious Jews. This worked out well for them during peacetime and between deployments. However, every time their lives were threatened they suddenly became very, very faithful believers.

Personally, I believe all atheists are trolls. Some occurrence in their recent or distant pasts led them to hate God so when they encounter men or women of great faith they feel they must attack that faith, attempt to disprove it, when all they truly want is proof of God or that God still loves them. But for sure, from my own experience, atheists at large are very fearful . . . and often hateful human beings.

Innate Fears

Learned Fears

I think atheists are the ones more easily fooled because they supposedly do not believe in God.
what were you till you read your christian bible ...

what spiritual difference could there be between the individuals when what most theists believe is what they were instructed without verification being not unique than an atheist choosing a different conclusion.

the metaphysical exists - not the desert religions and their superstitions.

the fear is the theist that seeks refuge where there is non.

Innate Fears

Learned Fears

Atheists, in my experience, do not exist. Cliché perhaps, however, I served in the Army with many fellow soldiers who claimed to be ardent atheists when in fact they were one and all disgruntled Christians or non-religious Jews. This worked out well for them during peacetime and between deployments. However, every time their lives were threatened they suddenly became very, very faithful believers.

Personally, I believe all atheists are trolls. Some occurrence in their recent or distant pasts led them to hate God so when they encounter men or women of great faith they feel they must attack that faith, attempt to disprove it, when all they truly want is proof of God or that God still loves them. But for sure, from my own experience, atheists at large are very fearful . . . and often hateful human beings.

There's truth in what you speak as most of us have heard there are no atheists in fox holes. Atheists fear losing their lives, so will want or even pray that God saves them.

It also explains why atheists constantly want proof of God when it has to do with having faith in God first. Is it because they fear missing out? Somehow, they can easily convince themselves that Satan doesn't exist, so there is no Lake of Fire as punishment for their non-beliefs.

Innate Fears

Learned Fears

I think atheists are the ones more easily fooled because they supposedly do not believe in God.

what spiritual difference could there be between the individuals when what most theists believe is what they were instructed without verification being not unique than an atheist choosing a different conclusion.

I always thought there was a God because of the beauty and complexity of nature. As a child, I didn't understand the depth of these words but could feel it. I didn't understand the Catholic Bible and their teachings so much. Actually, didn't become a born-again Christian until 2012 but did attend various church services and activities. I just wasn't aware of what the Bible really said and meant.

Gibberish.

>>the metaphysical exists<<

What does this mean to you? Explain in a few sentences.

More gibberish. Like I said, you are becoming more not understandable.

God won't save you when it's time to die..

What if it's not time to die such as preventing an accident or surviving covid-19?

The funny thing about your remark is Jesus has already saved us, but many people won't believe it.

Innate Fears

Learned Fears

Follow the bible or you'll burn in hell. Works every time.

Innate Fears

Learned Fears

There's truth in what you speak as most of us have heard there are no atheists in fox holes. Atheists fear losing their lives, so will want or even pray that God saves them.

It also explains why atheists constantly want proof of God when it has to do with having faith in God first. Is it because they fear missing out? Somehow, they can easily convince themselves that Satan doesn't exist, so there is no Lake of Fire as punishment for their non-beliefs.

Again, in my own experience, "atheists" and brainwashed worshippers of gold in general, are immediately drawn to any fellow human being who exhibits traits of righteousness or genuine goodness. They are drawn to them with the overwhelming need to shout them down, attack them and shut them down. Could this be driven by a feeling inside the atheist that because they are aware of the darkness within their own hearts they cannot tolerate goodness in others or are highly jealous of it?

Beyond that, whenever I myself or someone else online or in person speaks or writes about the reality of Satan and his spreading modern influence, dozens of "atheists" or faithless descend immediately like packs of rabid wolves to deny his existence. I believe this is because the new gods of such people have become pornography and smart devices and video games. Anyone who does not worship these same false deities must be converted, derided or destroyed.

Innate Fears

Learned Fears

I always thought there was a God because of the beauty and complexity of nature. As a child, I didn't understand the depth of these words but could feel it. I didn't understand the Catholic Bible and their teachings so much. Actually, didn't become a born-again Christian until 2012 but did attend various church services and activities. I just wasn't aware of what the Bible really said and meant.

Gibberish.

>>the metaphysical exists<<

What does this mean to you? Explain in a few sentences.

More gibberish. Like I said, you are becoming more not understandable.
I just wasn't aware of what the Bible really said and meant.

Gibberish.
more like forgeries and fallacies ... if you ever discover the truth.

speaks or writes about the reality of Satan and his (their) spreading modern influence
phonies are a dine a dozen the tense they use for their boogey "man" gives them away ... satan is dead denying that gift is heretical. a true christian.
However, every time their lives were threatened they suddenly became very, very faithful believers.
liars are also a dime a dozen ...

Innate Fears

Learned Fears

With all the fools running around with useless masks on their faces today do you really need to ask?

Fear is such an overwhelming emotion

obviously used by those that seek control

But how many truly can say they've spat in the face of fear?

~S~

Innate Fears

Learned Fears

You can also introduce Fear and Trauma through an object that you associate with Fear.

In this manner if you repeatedly introduce the object, and place it continually in the subjects sight, and talk about the object continually, and associate it with fear, and continually reinforce that fear with messaging, what will happen is that you will break that person down psychologically, make them subject to suggestion and messaging, and they become very easy to brain wash.

The longer you extend this process the more people you can break down and make them compliant and susceptible to your messaging, suggestions and agendas.

At some point the subject develops institutional behaviors over the object and is willing to do anything you ask them just to be rid of the object.

At this point, you have achieved psychological conditioning and have made an independent rational human being an irrational domesticated sheep.

1602304270331.png

Innate Fears

Learned Fears

Follow the bible or you'll burn in hell. Works every time.

People cound still end up getting misled by the "god of the world." One needs something else before they start following the Bible.

Forum List

Back