Can Someone Explain this 1619, Don Lemon Quote?

Van Buren was the first president born in the USA.

Prior to him, they were all born British.
Correct, but to be clear, Van Buren was the first president to be born under the independent nation called the U.S.A. All other presidents were born on this continent.

All other presidents were born on this continent.

That was my point.

Prior to Van Buren, there were all born British.

They didn't become US citizens til after the war.

Correct, but to be clear, Van Buren was the first president to be born under the independent nation called the U.S.A. All other presidents were born on this continent.

That was my point.

I would have to check,, but were all the founders from Britain?? and is Britain a european country??

“Europeans did not found this country,” Lemon clarified. “[T]hey … had nothing to do with the founding of this country

How did Europeans have nothing to do with the founding of this country? They didn't write the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution? They didn't risk so much to come over to this land?

I honestly don't understand how somebody can say something so obtuse. Yet, these type of claims consistently come from the left.
this is a tricky one,,
one is he doesnt know the difference between a country and a continent,,

the other is if I'm not mistaken is most of the founders were born here and therefor were not europeans,,,

either way don is a racist idiot,,
Actually, until we were established as a nation, a democratic republic, a society of states, all that were here were not Americans....they were the nationality of the country of their ancestors.
If there is no nation, than you are a citizen of your ancestors.
This is fact. Look it up.
europe is a continent not a country,,
where did I mention Europe?
Why would you say that? I simply stated the truth and you imply I said something I didnt say?

That was my point.

I would have to check,, but were all the founders from Britain?? and is Britain a european country??

but were all the founders from Britain??
I believe so
is Britain a european country??
I believe so

That was my point.

but were all the founders from Britain??
I believe so
is Britain a european country??
I believe so
the more I think about none of it matters because slavery existed here long before europeans got here,,
american indians had slaves for centuries before the europeans arrived,,

“Europeans did not found this country,” Lemon clarified. “[T]hey … had nothing to do with the founding of this country

How did Europeans have nothing to do with the founding of this country? They didn't write the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution? They didn't risk so much to come over to this land?

I honestly don't understand how somebody can say something so obtuse. Yet, these type of claims consistently come from the left.
It is a Don Lemon quote, meaning 2 things: 1. It does not merit quoting. 2. It does not have to have an explanation or be logical, which explains why #1. applies.
He is a democrat . None of them make sense.

Simple, he's just another leftist lying faggot.

Lemon was speaking Ebonics. Most people say "Did not find..."

The 13 colonies residents were British mostly and Paul Revere don't ride warning that "the British are coming" but rather that "the redcoats are coming".
Obviously your knowledge of American history is limited by Progressive Marxist "educators".
The Dutch settled New Amsterdam (Now New York) in 1607 followed by the Pilgrims in 1620.
Meanwhile the English had already settled Jamestown in 1607.
The British Government began transporting convicts overseas to American colonies in the early 18th century (1700). The transportation of convicts ended with the start of the American Revolution, an alternative site was needed to relieve further overcrowding of British prisons and hulks. That was Australia and New Zealand.
Actually there was a sizeable number of natural born Americans in the "Colonies" who had never seen England at the time of the American Revolution.
BTW, the 1619 Project is full of crap. History records the following...
As early as 1526.” That year, some enslaved Africans became part of a Spanish expedition to establish an outpost in what is now South Carolina. They rebelled, preventing the Spanish from founding the colony.
The uprising didn’t stop the inflow of enslaved Africans to Spanish Florida. Little is know how many followed, but there was certainly a slave population around St. Augustine (Florida).
Although not part of present-day America, Africans from the West Indies were also present in the English colony of Bermuda in 1616, where they provided expert knowledge of tobacco cultivation to the Virginia Company.
Additionally Haiti and South America were the primary places where African slaves were sent....
"By 1517, the Spaniards realized that the remaining Natives were not enough to continue the hard labor they've subjugated them to; in just 15 years, their rapacity succeeded in the complete genocide of the peaceful Taino/Arawak population. Labor shortage and greed forced the Spaniards to begin the importation of men and women from the African Continent. Haiti became the first country in the new world to welcome black men, women and children from Africa; as slaves."
History also records that 97% of African slaves — were sent to South America (primarily Brazil) and the Caribbean also came from West Africa. It is also very little discussed that slavery exists in many parts of the world today.

Please be free to discuss the above.....

Last edited:
The 13 colonies residents were British mostly and Paul Revere don't ride warning that "the British are coming" but rather that "the redcoats are coming".
Actually, he said (not yelled) "The regulars are coming."

Correct. They still considered themselves British. He would have in essence been yelling "we are coming."
William Dawes gave the warning that the regulators are coming. Apologies to Longfellow.

The 1619 project teaches that the people did not found a nation until black slaves arrived. This is a necessary prerequisite to the Revolutionary War. Revisionist history tells them that Britain ordered an end to slavery and Americans went to war, not for freedom but to preserve slavery.
Exactly. But, neither Dawes nor Revere actually complete the ride. Only Samuel Prescott made it.

Nothing rhymes with "Prescott" so Revere got the credit.
dont forget Sybil Ludington.....16 year old girl who rode twice the distance of Revere....

djrjjdnndnddr.jpeg

It is a Don Lemon quote, meaning 2 things: 1. It does not merit quoting. 2. It does not have to have an explanation or be logical, which explains why #1. applies.
He is a democrat . None of them make sense.
I do not know anybody on either side that just shills for the party view that consistently sounds like they have any sense. That is what it is to be a party supporter. You either shill for the party even when it makes you look and sound like a moron or your no good.

America was founded by white Europeans for white Europeans and their future descendants. That is if you consider Britain to be “European”.

For some moronic reason, lefties seem to think people of white Christian European descent were supposed to build a new nation for Africans, Native tribesmen, and every other race on the planet. Not sure why they have this belief, no other people have ever built a free nation for another cultures.

Forum List

Back